R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-26-2008, 10:40 PM   #1
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Wow, HPI Sprint 2 Flux is very durable

So yea the HPI Sprint 2 Flux is incredibly durable. I took it out of my house for the first time today. I let my friend drive it and he crashed straight into a wall at about 10-15mph and all the steering / camber links popped off for the right side wheels but they just popped right back on. Absolutely nothing broke. Then... stupidly i let him drive it again and the same thing happens; right smack into a wall. Same things came off but nothing broke again. Now... i let my other friend drive it and he goes and does the same exact thing. This time nothing popped off but the electronics came off the servo tape. In the end nothing broke. However i did manage to snap off one of the female plugs on the ESC where the motor wires are plugged in. Very odd, as the other two plugs are very tightly held on. Not even sure what is used to hold this plug in, anyone know?
Cheezburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 11:03 PM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheezburger View Post
So yea the HPI Sprint 2 Flux is incredibly durable. I took it out of my house for the first time today. I let my friend drive it and he crashed straight into a wall at about 10-15mph and all the steering / camber links popped off for the right side wheels but they just popped right back on. Absolutely nothing broke. Then... stupidly i let him drive it again and the same thing happens; right smack into a wall. Same things came off but nothing broke again. Now... i let my other friend drive it and he goes and does the same exact thing. This time nothing popped off but the electronics came off the servo tape. In the end nothing broke. However i did manage to snap off one of the female plugs on the ESC where the motor wires are plugged in. Very odd, as the other two plugs are very tightly held on. Not even sure what is used to hold this plug in, anyone know?
The plugs are pressure fit.
Old 12-26-2008, 11:18 PM   #3
Tech Regular

Oh i know what you're thinking of. I mean the 3 cylindrical holes on the ESC where the motor wires are plugged in. One of the cylindrical holes actually came off the ESC along with the motor wire.
Old 12-26-2008, 11:21 PM   #4
Tech Elite

Quote:
Hmm you sure? I see some metallic debris in there. My friend said it could be thermal paste.
It is solder then. Thermal paste doesn't dry hard.
Old 12-26-2008, 11:22 PM   #5
Tech Elite

Quote:
Oh i know what you're thinking of. I mean the 3 cylindrical holes on the ESC where the motor wires are plugged in. One of the cylindrical holes actually came off the ESC along with the motor wire.
You edited your post...

It is solder. Take apart the case and solder it back into place.
Old 12-27-2008, 12:22 PM   #6
Tech Regular

Ahh, all right thanks
Old 12-27-2008, 10:11 PM   #7
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Hitting a wall hard enough to break a solder joint and not destroy the car .....

Priceless