R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-21-2003, 01:50 PM   #61
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: tc's

Quote:
Originally posted by sedanaddict
yes that is the consensus. but I think that the car can be tuned to go fast. Mike Bowman can do 30 laps with his, I think his time is in the top 5 with this layout.

btw I hope you caught the sarcasm re my accomplishment!
Going 30 on our current layout is pretty good, but give Junior, Eli or Pulfer a clean run and I bet they're runnin' 31's in the 5:03-5:04 range. Bowman's car is GOOD, but Pulfer and Eli's (and mine when I pull my head out of my *** and drive), are CONSIDERABLY faster, and in me and Pulfer's case, it's not the HP cause our TC packs are junk.
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 02:09 PM   #62
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Bubblestc3
When you perfom a modifacation such as milling the center trusses to move the battery more centerline with the chassis, 90% of the modifacation is mental. If you perform such a mod, and say that this car will go faster now because the chassis is more ballanced, then you(accually your mind) will feel the difference. Design flaws? The TC3 has been competitive since it was introduced in 1999, although the designers have added more adjustments for the racer to play with. "Especially having to custom mill the chassis and diff cases", no one HAS to custom mill anything on the car, they WANT to mill the chassis and diff cases. In my opinion, the "most modded car" that I have seen raced by the pros is the LOSI, mostley to reduce weight.
BELIEVE ME! If it weren't necessary, AE FACTORY DRIVERS WOULDN'T DO IT!!!! No manufacturer wants their drivers to PURPOSELY point out flaws in the cars they build, unless it HAS to be done to raise the level of competitiveness of the car. PERIOD.
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
Old 10-21-2003, 02:18 PM   #63
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by robk
CMW: We are intending to serve you proper at the end of the week. Losi all up on ya!
It's a shame I'm only able to run 12th scale stock at the Classic because of my race directing duties. There will only be one Losi in the A stock at the Classic, and that will be Dana Bailes. Everything else will be TC-3 or X-ray, with the possible exception of MO DENTON in the SCHUMACHER.
Old 10-21-2003, 02:54 PM   #64
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Yeah cuz the Losi car doesn't work on foam. Right? Looking forward to the race

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 04:27 PM   #65
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Bubblestc3 Send a message via Yahoo to Bubblestc3

Quote:
Originally posted by CypressMidWest
BELIEVE ME! If it weren't necessary, AE FACTORY DRIVERS WOULDN'T DO IT!!!! No manufacturer wants their drivers to PURPOSELY point out flaws in the cars they build, unless it HAS to be done to raise the level of competitiveness of the car. PERIOD.
As a matter of fact, I spoke with Torrance about this subuject(milling the center trusses for the battery closer to center), and he was the one that explained that most of the modification is mental. I also spoke with Chris about why he did the mod to his car, and his response involved how the GP 3300 batteries are about 1.4oz heavier than the 3000's, so it was more to create less leverage on the chassis, and balancing the weight out on the chassis.
Bubblestc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 04:46 PM   #66
Tech Regular

i would like to see a car after 4 years of solid racing.

i think the amount of stuff needing to replaced because of wear and tare would be like buying a new car

but i would say the x ray would last the longest and there a good easy car to work on and it takes one hard crash to break them
fasterdanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 06:54 PM   #67
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Anybody see the "Pro" drivers cars in the Fall issue of Car Actions Touring Cars magazine. The one thing I saw on Billy Easton's TC3 that made me laugh was the grinding of the chassis to move the batteries further in towards the center of the car, but then he added a bunch of lead weight to the right side of the car WAYYY on the outside, next to the motor. Just seemed realy odd.

Ron
AZ_Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 07:19 PM   #68
Tech Adept

I have already decided that my Novak Brushless Powered Surikarn Limited has to do me for a few years to come.
It is a fantastic car and now that I have the front one-way stripping Issue sorted (touch wood), it is just getting better and better every week.

I used to chop and change and want a new car every week but it just gets a little out of hand if you don't dicipline yourself a little. My bank balance is a lot healthier too.
CustomfibreR/C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 10:38 AM   #69
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Bubblestc3
As a matter of fact, I spoke with Torrance about this subuject(milling the center trusses for the battery closer to center), and he was the one that explained that most of the modification is mental. I also spoke with Chris about why he did the mod to his car, and his response involved how the GP 3300 batteries are about 1.4oz heavier than the 3000's, so it was more to create less leverage on the chassis, and balancing the weight out on the chassis.
More to create less leverage, and balance the chassis. That's a performance mod. I'm glad that Torrance assured you that the Mod was "mostly" mental. See, mostly implies that it could be 51% mental and 49% performance. If the Factory drivers do it, it's for performance. So if it's mostly mental, that's cool, but it definitely has some impact on handling. YOU CANNOT RELOCATE THE SINGLE HEAVIEST COMPONENT IN A CAR AND NOT IMPACT ITS HANDLING.

robk: I never said it didn't work on foams, IT'S JUST SLOW!!!
Old 10-23-2003, 02:52 PM   #70
Tech Addict

Schumacher Mission (or the MI2 when it comes out)

Somebody early on said the mission is hard to work on... I find it a piece of cake to work on, VERY durable, very smooth drive, very easy to setup.
holycow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 04:00 PM   #71
Tech Apprentice

i think the tamiya tl-01 would be a good car to drive for 4 years .. u can run it into a wall and it will never break !!!LMAO
snoboardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 05:18 PM   #72
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by CypressMidWest
More to create less leverage, and balance the chassis. That's a performance mod. I'm glad that Torrance assured you that the Mod was "mostly" mental. See, mostly implies that it could be 51% mental and 49% performance. If the Factory drivers do it, it's for performance. So if it's mostly mental, that's cool, but it definitely has some impact on handling. YOU CANNOT RELOCATE THE SINGLE HEAVIEST COMPONENT IN A CAR AND NOT IMPACT ITS HANDLING.
Each time ae factory drivers do this mod, they are using smaller, and lighter electronics on the right side(ie. LRP Quantom, LRP Phaser. Rather than using such speed controls as the LRP V7.1). They are moving the weight to create less leverage on the chassis, rather than taking more weight off the left side. Balancing out the chassis while running lighter electronics. In theroy, the car should have less weight to transfer through quick left-right situations because of the less leverage on the left/right side, thus quickening the transitioning time.
Old 10-23-2003, 05:21 PM   #73
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by holycow
Schumacher Mission (or the MI2 when it comes out)

Somebody early on said the mission is hard to work on... I find it a piece of cake to work on, VERY durable, very smooth drive, very easy to setup.
What is a Mission?...
Do they run those at SoCal?...

Last edited by Bubblestc3; 10-23-2003 at 05:34 PM.
Old 10-23-2003, 05:24 PM   #74
Tech Addict

You dont know what a mission is? Ill come by and show you on Sat.
holycow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 05:33 PM   #75
Tech Fanatic

DUHH, I forgot to think before I post!!!!!
Shumacher MISSION, not Corally MISSION!!!!

woops!