Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
If you could race only 1 touring car for the next 4 years. What car would you pick? >

If you could race only 1 touring car for the next 4 years. What car would you pick?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

If you could race only 1 touring car for the next 4 years. What car would you pick?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2003, 07:16 PM
Tech Regular

Everyone is gonna laugh... I would have to say my Traxxas e 4-tec, but the reason I will race it for a long time is because I have spent so much time and money makesing it extremely competative in local racing.
Old 10-19-2003, 07:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

i agree with you, if i raced truck, i would race a rustler, very lightened, very tuned. Traxxas never changes, and you can make a rustler as fast as u want.
Old 10-20-2003, 06:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

AE and Losi people make me laugh!!! "X-Ray releases too many hop-ups" Blah Blah Blah. Losi has a fabulous Touring Car if all you race is RUBBER TIRE MODIFIED, on carpet w/ foams the car has little to no steering and is incredibly difficult to free-up. It is however easy to drive (slow cars usually are). Never mind the fact that it's completely ripless with a stock motor in it.

I race carpet with foams, and by far the BEST car is the X-Ray.

If you buy a TC-3, you have to spend a few hours just trying to free up the drivetrain, the suspension arms wear out at an alarming rate, and you have to either send your chassis off to have milled out to move the batteries closer to the centerline, or spend forever with a dremel doing it yourself.

You just buy an EVO2 some low ratio pullies, and build your car, it's that simple. Better Build Quality, Better Durability, and equal or better performance. The different stiffnesses of arms are merely tuning options, kinda like using AE hub carriers on a LOSI, or Losi hub carriers on an AE.

The AE car was the ticket like 4 years ago but now there are other cars at least as good, if not better.
Old 10-20-2003, 09:26 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by PhatPat

Whats up with Tamiya. I can't keep up with all the touring cars they put out. Geeeez

It seems to have paid off though eh, who are current world champions??? besides, Tamiya are like no other, they cater for every level of r/c er.

TRF 414M2's rule!
Old 10-20-2003, 09:32 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Even though I really like my Yokomo SD that I'm running right now, if I could only run one TC for the next 4 years, it would be the Corally C4.1.

Very fast, handles well, included adjustable one-way and built like a tank...

I would have said their new car, the ASSASSIN, but I'm not sure it lives up to what they had with the C4.1 in the durability or quality department.

So definitely the C4.1
Old 10-20-2003, 09:40 AM
Tech Regular

Default touring cars

cypressmidwest, xxx-s slow??? you saw what i was able to accomplish yesterday!! a carpet stock rocket is what i think.lol

Mike Lindsay
Old 10-20-2003, 09:45 AM
Tech Master

I watched Matt Francis run his XXX-G+ on carpet in Stockton last winter, he didn't seem to have any trouble putting like 2-3 laps on the field in mod, seems like a nice car to me.
Old 10-20-2003, 11:25 AM
Tech Regular

TL01 - win those D finals , more prizes!!!

naa

i wouldnt go for TC3, i bet AE will update it soon
cant say much bout Losi
The SD im not sure , if for 4 years then u have all the time you need to get it right.
Pro 4 is the same.
I would like to say evo3 but u cant keep a car like that for 4 years.... my guess is it will be updated next worlds! then the worlds after that.. ( NEW DRIVE TRAIN COME ON BABY )
414m2 sounds very good.
missions just to much hastle.
Xray are cool , a bit over rated though.

Thats about it from me , cheers

TL01 , go for it dude!
Old 10-20-2003, 12:11 PM
Tech Adept

If you buy a TC-3, you have to spend a few hours just trying to free up the drivetrain, the suspension arms wear out at an alarming rate, and you have to either send your chassis off to have milled out to move the batteries closer to the centerline, or spend forever with a dremel doing it yourself.
CypressMildWest: not every car is perfect but IMO at least the TC3 is the closest.
Old 10-20-2003, 12:28 PM
Tech Adept

the tc3 or x-ray. i've been racing my tc3 for a while so that would be one choice because i'm dialed in on that car and the parts are cheap and easy to get. i might race an x-ray because it is an overall good car with good handling, but my first choice is my tc3!
Old 10-20-2003, 12:52 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: touring cars

Originally posted by sedanaddict
cypressmidwest, xxx-s slow??? you saw what i was able to accomplish yesterday!! a carpet stock rocket is what i think.lol

Mike Lindsay
Mike: Sorry, in stock on foams if you ask anyone we race with, Rob Love, Junior, Mikey P. Favian, Ezrow, Mo etc. They'll all tell you the car IS NOT FAST in stock. Rob and Junior have tried them all, so they're opinion is pretty valid.
Old 10-20-2003, 01:05 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by wagonman72
I watched Matt Francis run his XXX-G+ on carpet in Stockton last winter, he didn't seem to have any trouble putting like 2-3 laps on the field in mod, seems like a nice car to me.

Like I said in my original post, great car for RUBBER TIRE MODIFIED. Sucks on carpet on foams especially in stock. Also, Francis oughta be able to lap most club racers in Mod Sedan with an original RS4 and a 19 turn motor. If Ralph Burch with X-Ray or Mike Blackstock with a TC-3 were there the results might have looked a little different.
Old 10-20-2003, 01:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by lilshortyc3
CypressMildWest: not every car is perfect but IMO at least the TC3 is the closest.
lilshortyc3: That's cool, I'm just pointing out the reasons that I find the X-Ray to be the closest. I love the fact that TC3's are out there everywhere, locally it gives me more people to beat.
Old 10-20-2003, 01:08 PM
Tech Regular

Default tc's

yes that is the consensus. but I think that the car can be tuned to go fast. Mike Bowman can do 30 laps with his, I think his time is in the top 5 with this layout.

btw I hope you caught the sarcasm re my accomplishment!
Old 10-20-2003, 01:26 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by PhatPat
Yokomo Sd is putting masami back on top, but its not box stock.
Care to elaborate? It is different colors (gold and green instead of silver and blue), but everything I see is pretty much bone stock-- shock towers (he even used the original front tower for the Japan nats instead of the rear tower up front), driveshaft, suspension bits, everything (save for a 90* servo rotation, sway bar mounts, and front bumper brace -- none of which makes that much performance difference).

If you want to bring up that point, the TC3 is the most modded car I have seen run by the Pros. Especially having to custom mill the chassis and diff cases. Both of which seems like manufacuring or design flaws to me. Does that make it a poor performer? Hardly. Just a little more up front work.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.