R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-19-2003, 01:10 AM   #16
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well, to be honest, I've been running my TC3 for almost 4 years now, & I don't see myself getting anything different for some time to come(I think I'm just as fast now as I would be with any other car), so my vote would go to the TC3(still)....

Go Pokes!!!
Grizzbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2003, 01:16 AM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

My 04R or G+ hopefully!!!!

Pitman for Team Dallas Austin...
IMPACTPLAYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2003, 01:29 AM   #18
Tag
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

i will take xxx-s in a heart beat, fast, quite and easy to work on not to mention great part support .. i just don't see myself driving other sedan anytime soon
Old 10-19-2003, 05:57 AM   #19
Tech Elite

tc3
Mike Haynes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2003, 06:28 AM   #20
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Any of the cars could be run for the next 5 year competitively... What more can you really do to them to make them any faster???
vtl1180ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2003, 09:58 AM   #21
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by PhatPat
rating 1 - 10

Losi xxx-s 9.5
Pros - Handles on rails, Fast, carries corner speed.
Con's - Fragile

... fragile? my G+ by far the most bullet proof car i'hv driven.
highwayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2003, 10:57 AM   #22
Tech Addict

Send a message via ICQ to Cobra81li200

Quote:
Originally posted by Carbon_Fibre3
i would go xray .. coz i cant afford to buy another car for about another 5 yrs.. lol jokin

honestly, id go for an xray anyways, or tc3 because both companies are into the refinement of their cars.. minor revisions over time equals sweet as product :-)

????????????????????????????????????

X-Ray is the worst company considering release of options : since the release of the T1, there have been loaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaads of modifications. noneless to mention the number of different arms (5 different stiffness, ust that !). Every month there is something new and "must have"...

Now I love both of my actual racing cars :

First is my 414 M upgraded with SSG and lightweight bulkheads. Since I TQ'ed with it at my second national champ race, I'd never sell it (or st like +800 $, as it have lots of features I'm not going to display here),

Second and even better is my yoke SD, still with some hop up, but I disagree with the fact that you need loads of hop ups to make it fast : out of the box I beated my best 414M lap with it. It just needs aluminium steering blocks because they're too fragile (and also some spare susp arms, hope they'll release graphite ones soon). I'm giong to race it for at least 2 or 3 yrs, and I won't (and didn't...) choose another car between all actual cars. Now it's my n1 race car, the other one being my back up car (that I use actually, as I'm waiting for some spares from J).

I see a lot of people on forums saying that the pro4 is going to be THE pure racer. I'd like to tell all of you guys two things : 1st is have a better look at the chassis, it's not as easily accessible as most of the others SD cars (ex : have to remove the top deck to access diffs...), the second being that I remember I've heard the same about the pro3 before its release, and look at what you say now : pro3 is crap, too soft... Havec you had a hara edition in your hands ? I guess not, because it's an xcellent car, and at least as stiff as many other cars. It just needs the graphite parts (exactly what the XXX-S needed if you remember).

My vote goes for the SD for its very well engineered design, handling capabilities and... look !!!
Cobra81li200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2003, 11:08 AM   #23
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to BHenderson Send a message via MSN to BHenderson Send a message via Yahoo to BHenderson

Quote:
Originally posted by Cobra81li200
????????????????????????????????????

X-Ray is the worst company considering release of options : since the release of the T1, there have been loaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaads of modifications. noneless to mention the number of different arms (5 different stiffness, ust that !). Every month there is something new and "must have"...

LOL that is too funny, and you talk about the yok, which completely scraped the MR4TC design to go with the trendy shaft design. You can take the xray and run it bone stock and win consistantly. Xray is BY FAR the toughest car on the market and it will hold its settings no matter what. The Xray Evo2 has to be one of the easiest cars to work on. There is nothing on the car that cannot be changed out in a matter of minutes. Not to mention the quality of craftsmanship you get with the Xray, no stupid parts tree, no sanding this down to make it fit on the car, everything is exact with an Xray. The biggest difference between the Evo and the Evo2 was the ability to tighten the belts using the adjusters in the bulkheads. It is the same basic design with a few tweaks. From the Evo to the Evo2 to the T1R to even the new T1M the parts are interchangeable. Just look at how far Xray has come in the few years of its existance, I expect even greater things to come from Xray.
BHenderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2003, 11:29 AM   #24

I have some of cars that those guys mention. If the car is for next few years, I would go for Yokomo SD for shaft or Xray Evo2 for belt.
Aku-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2003, 11:30 AM   #25
Tech Addict

Send a message via ICQ to Cobra81li200

I've never told the X-Ray was not a good car. Yes it is, it handles great and the quality is good, ok ?

What I've said is that the car has loads of hop ups that are unusefull and you CANNOT say that they did not made major modifications to their car since its release, it's the case for ae, not X-Ray. I'm not only talking about the stiffness of the suspension arms.

First, they've changed the design of their suspension arms twice in 2 years (first from serpent to their own design, second with the new shorter arms) something no other brand ever did !

Noneless to mention the 4 different top decks availables, or the brand new anti-roll bars (its a good thing, but still it is something new...).

You talk about yokomo, but they released a brand new car, a completely new design, exactly when everybody was expecting it, as the old TC design was 5 years old. And guess what, I'm pretty sure the car won't change that much in the 5 next years, let's see how many mods there will be on the X-Ray.
Cobra81li200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2003, 11:36 AM   #26
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Corally Assassin. If I had one.
fatdoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2003, 12:08 PM   #27
Tech Elite

HPI Pro2 , which I'm racing now - but unfortunately HPI support is real bad around here in Europe, so I'm forced to choose another one....

I would get the upcoming Schumacher Mission 2. But since it's not in production yet....

XRay
Old 10-19-2003, 01:13 PM   #28
Tech Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to the shoe

schumacher mission if they would make it easery to remove the diffs,16 screws to get the rear out!!!!
the shoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2003, 03:35 PM   #29
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to trackdesigner71 Send a message via Yahoo to trackdesigner71

Hmm, tough call for me really because there are so many good ones out there. If I had to choose it would be the TC3.
trackdesigner71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2003, 07:54 PM   #30
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Don't you hate when you by a car and 1 year later your car is 3 versions old. I have a collection of old touring cars I don't think I got my monies worth.

It's all about engineering and testing. AE does a great job in this catagory. They got it right the first time, and they will not put a car on the market until its ready.

Whats up with Tamiya. I can't keep up with all the touring cars they put out. Geeeez

Kyosho has the resources to make a great sedan. Still waiting!!

Losi xxxs This car is dangerous It may be ugly but it's good.

Yokomo Sd is putting masami back on top, but its not box stock.

I got a Xray t1. All I here is you gotta have this and that. It makes all the difference in the world. Well this and that cost $35 here and $55 there.

I'm tired of typing see ya.
PhatPat is offline   Reply With Quote