Search

Xray new ECS front drive shafts

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2008, 02:13 PM
pmc
Tech Adept

Default Xray new ECS front drive shafts

Hello

Someone has already tested the new XRAY ECS drive shafts on track??
what are your performance , durability??

Thanks in Advance
Best regards:
Pedro Silva
Old 12-25-2008, 05:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pmc
Hello

Someone has already tested the new XRAY ECS drive shafts on track??
what are your performance , durability??

Thanks in Advance
Best regards:
Pedro Silva
It's definately NOT worth $50+ bucks a piece and not more durable than the current one availabe with the kit at $30+ a piece. Oh it doesnt make the car any faster or different. It like adding a pin stripe on a race car.
Old 12-25-2008, 06:02 PM
Tech Elite

They don't judder on full lock & full power with a spool unlike the standard driveshafts.
This should allow you to improve the cars balance through the corners by preventing that vibration.

But no, they are not worth as much as they are

Skiddins
Old 12-25-2008, 06:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trickd122
It's definately NOT worth $50+ bucks a piece and not more durable than the current one availabe with the kit at $30+ a piece. Oh it doesnt make the car any faster or different. It like adding a pin stripe on a race car.
If your going to give info at least try to be correct about it. The purpose of the new units is to almost completely eliminate the wheel chatter when using a spool. For the remedial that means when you have a spool in the car and are on throttle turn your wheels. You will see the inside wheel shake alot as it binds. With the new units it will almost eliminate that issue. Offer a more consistent feel and ultimately more speed throw the corner since the car isnt fighting itself. For and in depth description just goto TeamXray.com and it shows you exactly what their purpose is. Hope this helps...
Old 12-26-2008, 12:08 PM
pmc
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Gitsum
If your going to give info at least try to be correct about it. The purpose of the new units is to almost completely eliminate the wheel chatter when using a spool. For the remedial that means when you have a spool in the car and are on throttle turn your wheels. You will see the inside wheel shake alot as it binds. With the new units it will almost eliminate that issue. Offer a more consistent feel and ultimately more speed throw the corner since the car isnt fighting itself. For and in depth description just goto TeamXray.com and it shows you exactly what their purpose is. Hope this helps...
Hello

thanks for all replys

I'm to buy these pieces so we asked opinions on the pieces because I do not want to spend the money and then not take advantage of cuts
I have visited the site of XRAY, but wanted to see how it behaves on the track, because there has been a different experience of how its performance with several different setups and ways to lead.

Best regards.
Pedro Silva
Old 12-26-2008, 10:36 PM
Tech Addict

the losi uses them in the front. they do make a difference with high steering angles and turning under power. the front end doesn't feel as bound up, and there's a lot less chatter.

the losi parts use shrink wrap to keep the pins in place and are a bit more delicate than a standard drive shaft.

the x-ray design looks a lot more substantial.
Old 12-27-2008, 05:33 AM
Tech Elite

Just remember to take them apart and put grease where needed when you first buy them.

I also used a Dremel grinder to put some flat spots on the pins as they move too easily for my liking, also means you don't have to tighten the grub screws very much, just make sure they are thread-locked.

Skiddins
Old 12-27-2008, 05:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Does anyone have them in stock online??
Old 12-27-2008, 05:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I managed to break pin in it during second race
Old 01-09-2009, 12:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

some pics of the new ECS drive shafts:

I installed these on my new T2'009 during assembly, with the old T2 wheel chatter was a pain...especially for Italian races, where we run with foam tires on asphalt tracks

in this particular case new ECS drive shafts are very useful, car feeling is really improved
Old 01-09-2009, 07:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I don't know if this is correct on the track, but I have noticed when bench testing that I get less wheel chatter on full lock with the lightened outdrives compared to the older 360 outdrives.
Old 01-09-2009, 08:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

$100 to outfit your car is a bit much still.
Old 01-09-2009, 02:53 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Damon
some pics of the new ECS drive shafts:

I installed these on my new T2'009 during assembly, with the old T2 wheel chatter was a pain...especially for Italian races, where we run with foam tires on asphalt tracks

in this particular case new ECS drive shafts are very useful, car feeling is really improved

Better much with foam tires on asphalt tracks?
Old 01-09-2009, 04:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Must.

have.

for.

cyclone.

HB are you listening?
Old 01-09-2009, 04:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (98%+)

I run XRAY and they are fenominal cars but if the ECS are such an improvement I can't seem to understand why XRAY didn't include them in the kit. You have to spend another $100 on top of over $400 for the kit to get it to handle better. That is why I will stay with my 08.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.