R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Please help me decide!! (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/261837-please-help-me-decide.html)

Zdiddy 12-22-2008 03:42 PM

Please help me decide!!

Hey guys, I am getting back into the TC game and have narrowed my decision to the Cyclone TC or the TRF416WE. I was originally wanting to go with the Cyclone for sure, but it looks as if getting parts is going to be an issue. I don't know much about the 416. Is it lipo/brushless friendly? Are parts readily available? Which parts tend to break most frequently? Just seeking some direction. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

artwork 12-22-2008 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Zdiddy (Post 5198436)
Hey guys, I am getting back into the TC game and have narrowed my decision to the Cyclone TC or the TRF416WE. I was originally wanting to go with the Cyclone for sure, but it looks as if getting parts is going to be an issue. I don't know much about the 416. Is it lipo/brushless friendly? Are parts readily available? Which parts tend to break most frequently? Just seeking some direction. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Both car are very nice, both car are very similar, both cars are not as easy to find parts for. The real question is do you like blue or purple better.

I am somewhat biased and really like my new TCs, but honestly you cannot go wrong with either car. The one big advantage is the cost of the TC compared to the 416WCE. 416WCE is pretty spendy!

kobiwan 12-22-2008 03:55 PM

Have you thought about a Corally PHI?

abailey21 12-22-2008 03:58 PM

Any top level TC can drive you to the A Main, it's the driver that stops you

Any of them;

T2-009
HB Cyclone
TC5
MI3.5
JRXS-R
PHI

Look for the ease of parts support

outlandr91 12-22-2008 03:59 PM

Hey Ziddy, there is a thread titled TC5 vs Hb Cyclone in the electric on road forum. You should check it out.:nod:

kn7671 12-22-2008 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by abailey21 (Post 5198500)
Any top level TC can drive you to the A Main, it's the driver that stops you

Any of them;

T2-009
HB Cyclone
TC5
MI3.5
JRXS-R
PHI

Look for the ease of parts support

True, very true, but beside parts support, you should also consider what others at your track drive, and consider durability too. You can get a car with good LHS parts support, but may break or wear quicker than others, and that could cost you more in the long run over another kit, and cost you more frustration from wrenching on it all the time.

Kropy 12-22-2008 04:14 PM

TC5 :nod:

cliferton 12-22-2008 09:53 PM

somebody told me when i had a similar question to go to the local track and see what everyone runs, then go get one of those. you will have more set up support and a better chance of scoring a part if you break and happen not to have an extra. that guy that wants to be different at the local track is sitting there watching because he broke a c hub and did not have a spare and no one had an extra that they could sell

bigdadracing 12-22-2008 11:37 PM

xray has probley the nices car on the market as far as im concerned (parts directions) they have great online suport with setup sheets the cars seem to finnish well at big races . but you need to pay attension to what is being ran at your local track for part support .if they don't carry the brand have them call rc america and get set up to get you the parts you need this is just my personal .02:):):)