R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-13-2009, 01:19 PM   #46
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3dreamin2008 View Post
Has anyone tried the 2nd gen. LRP 17.5?
I've been using the LRP Stock Spec 17.5 motor for the last month with success. My last time racing I was running fast lap times matching the fastest guys on the track, so I can verify that the the motor has the power to compete. I also feel the quality of the motor is top notch, and I like that they have several option parts for the motors, especially the Thin Cooling Plate.

This weekend I will be trying a Trinity/Express Duo 17.5 motor for comparison.
kn7671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 02:10 PM   #47
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

-Rotor Strength (Gauss Measurement)- that just means the rotors magents were checked, doesnt do anything
nazman01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 05:03 AM   #48
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Anyone had any results with the Tekin 17.5????
LOSI123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 05:37 AM   #49
Tech Master

I like my pulse 17.5 in 1/12th fast and it finishes strong. I should say as far as a 17.5 should be.
Trinity,EPIC,Oddy Racing,IRS,Sweep racing,Brown Engineering,Mugen USA,Team Xray,RC America,R.I.P. motorsports,Tekin,Customworks,Parma PSE,Ashford Hobbies,D&K Hobbies, TQ-wire,Local 69 Woodputters Union,Big Ant get well soon!!Quinn my BFF!
Dee Lee is a nut and I don't condone what he will say next!
Scooby Horton1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 05:46 AM   #50
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I've been looking at the Tekin 17.5 for a while now. when I get it, i'll let you guys know what it's like.

I dunno if anyone's reading the tekin inquiries or just plain ignoring them...
Sabin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 11:05 AM   #51
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkspeedo View Post
What I think makes the difference and not everyone is aware of this, that all BL motors can have their timing adjusted. For those thinking Novak motors are slow adjust the timing by losing the three screws on the back and turn the plastic ring counter clockwise as far as you can. You will be amazed at how much this changes the speed of the motor.

13.5 to 21.5 motors should all be run with maxim timing.
That is interesting, I need to give it a try. I'm assuming when you refer to CCW, it's looking at the "back" end of the motor where the ring/connectors are.
TA03R Cirtix 17.5 club spec
F109 Tekin 21.5
danketchpel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 09:22 PM   #52
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkspeedo View Post
I'm of the theory that all these motors are pretty much created equal because of ROAR rules. What I think makes the difference and not everyone is aware of this, that all BL motors can have their timing adjusted. For those thinking Novak motors are slow adjust the timing by losing the three screws on the back and turn the plastic ring counter clockwise as far as you can. You will be amazed at how much this changes the speed of the motor.

13.5 to 21.5 motors should all be run with maxim timing. When you buy a motor you don't know where the factor as them set except for Orion, some LRP, and some Speedpassion, and now the DUO's with timing marks. From my experience most are set to the middle timing range which is about 10-15deg.

The one area that seems to be different between the BL motor vendors is the power band. One vendor might have more torque at low rpm and another at high rpm. So for a large track Motor A might work well and for a small track Motor B may work better. It's hard to say which is better unless you can test each motor yourself. Even there you could use 5 motors from the same vendor and probably notice a difference as each motor has slightly different characteristics due to coil winding and how symmetrical the rotor is magnetized.

What would be cool is if someone with a motor dynamometer could test several motors from each vendor and post results.
You have to watch out tough. Some of the newer ESC have so much timing built into them that it is causing cogging issues with the higher turn motors.

I know this is true for the New LRP stock spec and the New KO BMC. I had to retard the timing and go up in gear to get rid of the cogging effect. On my Orion 17.5/ KO combo I set the timing to full retard and went up 5 teeth to get it to run without issue.

You can smoke a speedo and possible a motor if you go to far with the timing so be careful.
Old 01-28-2009, 10:04 PM   #53
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Ive ran the Hacker 17.5 and the Losi 17.5 with similar settings on my Tekin RS ESC... The Hacker is a better motor in my option... Im racing at AMAINHOBBIES new track and its pretty big... last weekend i did loose the hacker and had to barrow a Losi at the last minute... I need to try some different rearing on the losi this week and see how it performs but at this point i will have to say i will buy another Hacker before trying something else... Alot of the people i have been racing againist are running the Tekins and they are extremely fast... They all have great pull coming out of corners...
TC5R - SOLD
B44 - SOLD
iLL-Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote