I just want to see less "Which is the best **insert name here**" threads

When will people learn there is no best, there "your best"
Old 12-20-2008, 08:21 AM   #47
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (96%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova F1 Racer

...Rubber tires for 12 scale.....

...Make it easier for people to understand the hobby so they will want to get into it as a family activity....
+1 man!

I dont think rubber tires should be limited to 1/12th, they could also go to 1/10 Pan cars.

As for making the hobby easier to get into, take a trip back in time. Remember when we were complaining about nimh's and brushed motors? BL and Lipo have taken a TON of maintenance out of the hobby, and i think we are much better off today than we were then.
However, there is always room for improvement, and the hobby can be simplified even further.
Bigshades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 08:28 AM   #48
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova F1 Racer View Post
Things I'd like to see in 2009:

The 2 main mags RC Driver and Extreme RC to have more on-road articles...

Rubber tires for 12 scale.....

Brushless motors that have specs for them like the brushed motor do.

Make it easier for people to understand the hobby so they will want to get into it as a family activity....

I don't mind the bitchin, I do mind when it turns into personal attacks.

See RCTECH have verified accounts so people can be held responsable for their actions.

Quote:
And lastly, see rc hobby in general go back to being a hobby and not a way of life.... Some people take it way too seriously and ruin it for people around them....

Oh, and world peace.......
+1 on that!
srp67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 10:33 AM   #49
Tech Fanatic

I'm not for rubber on 1:12. I split the foam and rubber from direct drive soild axles are foam and a-arm suspension are rubber.

I would really love for racers to realize that next great race class is just really killing all race classes. It is time to get back to our roots and race 1:12 onraod, and 1:10 electric. If you want nitro 1/8 or 1/10 Onroad and 1/8 Buggy or 1/10 truck. None of this muggy, truggy, monster, mini, micro, mega scale.

The way I see it is that if the R/C manufactures keep chasing the next new thing instead of keeping the focus on tried and true race classes they will fall apart just like the BIG 3 auto makers in the U.S. For years they marketed to the public that you need a new car every year or two. You need the next size bigger, you need the next gadget installed, you even need a car as a christmas gift. Yeah right, like everyone has $40,000 to toss around every two years let alone for that surprise gift.

Last edited by trailranger; 12-20-2008 at 02:34 PM.
trailranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 12:07 PM   #50
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kropy

I would love to see Barry Baker back n the track with a full time ride in 2009
Kropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 12:47 PM   #51
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I would like to see a really nice dedicated carpet on road track within 10 miles of my house with 100+ turn out every week. Only way that happens is if I win the PowerBall Lotery and pay people to race.
SteveL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 01:57 PM   #52
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailranger View Post
I'm not for rubber on 1:12. I split the foam and rubber from direct drive soild axles are foam and a-arm suspension are rubber.

I would really love for racers to realize that next great race class is just really killing all race classes. It is time to get back to our roots and race 1:12 onraod, and 1:10 electric. If you want nitro 1/8 or 1/10 Onroad and 1/8 Buggy or 1/10 truck. None of this muggy, truggy, monster, mini, micro, mega scale.

The way I see it is that if the R/C manufactures keep chasing the next new thing instead of keeping the focus on tired and true race classes they will fall apart just like the BIG 3 auto makers in the U.S. For years they marketed to the public that you need a new car every year or two. You need the next size bigger, you need the next gadget installed, you even need a car as a christmas gift. Yeah right, like everyone has $40,000 to toss around every two years let alone for that surprise gift.
that is exactly what i mean
our society is at the point where it is what the manufacturers want to make or want you to buy, not what you need. The big 3 is good example, i knew a guy who worked in management for the auto industry for a long time.
He got out of it because the other people never learn, he said that for 25 years they have been asking "how can we beat the japanese?". If after 25 years you haven't figured that out then there is something SERIOUSLY with the companies. And that came from a guy in the industry himself! And to the roots racing stuff, I agree. With the exception of slash tho, that looks like a really finally affordable and really popular class at the same time.

HB Cyclone Moore Speed WCE Edition - HB/BMI Cyclone(foam)
Team Magic G4RS pwered by EB mods and O.S. engines
Little_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 03:19 AM   #53
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Good firmware for a Tekin R1

Last edited by Quante; 12-21-2008 at 03:20 AM. Reason: Typo..... and that on 6 words.....
Quante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 03:52 AM   #54
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by markf3x View Post
Two Words:

RC Groupies
+1
Old 12-21-2008, 11:02 AM   #55
Tech Adept

I would like to see auto manufactures loosen up licensing fees and restrictions so we could get more realistic looking car bodies and end that debate once and for all.

Also I would like to see more onroad guys out at FastCats.
infokiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 09:34 PM   #56
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Fast guys showing up on rctech making a serious effort to help the rest of us catch up.
When someone is intent on excelling in an otherwise laudable manner, does he not desire to inflict pain on others by means of his exalted status and enjoy the envy he arouses? Is there not an anticipated delight in an artist's ability to defeat his artistic rivals, which heightens his euphoria in creation?
-Nietzsche
adamge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 10:30 PM   #57
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Aussie wishes:

1. A stronger Aussie dollar
2. Lipo 12th scale
3. TRF support in Australia
4. A large indoor carpet raceway in Sydney ( )
Old 12-21-2008, 11:13 PM   #58
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Wicked-Wayz Send a message via AIM to Wicked-Wayz Send a message via MSN to Wicked-Wayz Send a message via Yahoo to Wicked-Wayz

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaball View Post
less b*tching/arguing.

(i think the gas dampers have a higher likelihood of happening).

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG JIM WOODMAN View Post
I'd like to see seasoned racers bring new faces into the hobby .
I'd like to see more support for the local hobby shops and tracks.
I'd like to see more spec class racing like USVTA and RCGT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike View Post
1/12th scale gaining even more in popularity.

Peace Aaron(W-W)
Old 12-21-2008, 11:59 PM   #59
Tech Addict

1. No more foam sedan. Let WGT be the new "foam" class.

2. More races where "mod" is 10.5, like Novak. Crossover classes where the mod guys and stock guys meet in the middle are awesome!

3. A unified 2.4ghz standard so you're not locked into one brand's receivers. Required compatibility between systems, and no ability to overpower or otherwise disrupt another system. 5ghz systems?

4. More emphasis from manufacturers (and sponsored drivers) on the importance of practice, setup, and driving technique. Less emphasis on gear.

5. Chassis for popular cars that are at least machined to be more LiPo friendly. Why not machine a rectangular recess where the cells go so you can keep a LiPo from sliding around? They'll fit more easily under top decks, too!

6. US pros running more rubber tire sedan, and making up some ground on the Europeans.

7. An (optional) locking mechanism to keep brushless sensor connectors from being unplugged.

8. Fewer opinions based on brand loyalty. When everybody good is sponsored, it's hard to tell the truth from the paid advertising.

9. Brushless motors that look nice. Orion and LRP's X12 are good examples.

10. End the intentional charging of LiPo to 8.44v.
Adam? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 03:34 AM   #60
Tech Champion

I would like to see lots more closer, affordable racing.

Close racing + affordable + friendly racers =

My last race of 2008 on the friday just gone was great, a friendly group of racers chatting and helping each other out between the races. And none of the "i'm better than you" smack floating around.

We have a cheap 1/12th scale mini stock class (the parts and kit packaging are all made in the UK) So it's a very cheap class to enter.

Picture this.... There were 9 or 10 guys on a small rostrum, Looking like they were all breathing in to stay on it, but all of them had smiles on their faces seeing the lead and lower positions changing virtually every corner.

The wife stops me being sane and the r/c stops me from going insane....
tc3team is offline   Reply With Quote