Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to seaball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie ARL View Post
too much 'non Gecko' rubber on the asphalt
we see that a lot in the states ...

Last edited by seaball; 05-20-2009 at 02:18 PM.
seaball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 02:36 PM   #47
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Quote:
However this grip can sometimes be reduced to the same levels of other foam and rubber tyres (or even drop lower) when other materials come between (or interfere with) the Gecko rubber and track surface. This can be too much 'non Gecko' rubber on the asphalt, dust, additive drenched carpets etc...
So the ideal track condition for carpet racing of a completly additive soaked carpet causes your tires to have less grip? I think that I will stick to other tires that gain grip as the carpet becomes more soaked.

It's the year 2010. Shouldn't vacuum cleaners be quieter by now?
TimV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 06:46 AM   #48
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimV View Post
So the ideal track condition for carpet racing of a completly additive soaked carpet causes your tires to have less grip? I think that I will stick to other tires that gain grip as the carpet becomes more soaked.

That is a good point, my sentence was not strictly correct so I have edited the original post now as ofcourse the Gecko grip also goes up with additive and will remain above or competitive with most other tyre brands whatever the additive levels, however, at the moment sheet foam tyres generally start out at a lower grip level and so have more to gain from the use of the additive. Gecko foam rubber gives high grip on carpet without the need for additive.

The point we are trying to get over is that Gecko tyres will have more grip than most other tyres on most surfaces to start with and therefore they do not need other materials so much as other RC car tyres to improve their grip with all the benefits that brings.

However, this high grip can lead to e.g. over steer problems where there is a build up of rubber on the asphalt tracks on top of other coatings so we are developing the Nitro tyre to improve lateral slide and wear resistance for the faster (Nitro) high grip/abrasive tracks. On the slower tracks the current tyres can give exceptional results.

No one has invented the perfect tyre yet but we feel we do have something new and significant to add to RC racing. Gecko foam rubber tyres are different to the rest and often better. You don't have to try them but you may be glad you did.
Richie ARL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 07:06 PM   #49
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

fellas if you guys want to try gecko tires for 12th scale or 10th pan car please follow the link.. also dirt oval tires!

these are the same tires and foam. i have been using them for oval racing for 3 years now! they are awesome!

http://rc4less.com/1/12_RC4LESS_Pan_.../c2/index.html
Old 05-22-2009, 01:23 AM   #50
Tech Rookie

[QUOTE=MOTHER FOCAR;5843297]fellas if you guys want to try gecko tires for 12th scale or 10th pan car please follow the link.. also dirt oval tires!

these are the same tires and foam. i have been using them for oval racing for 3 years now! they are awesome!

Nice try! but certainly not true. I can assure everybody that the 'RC4LESS' tyres from this link are NOT Gecko tyres. We mould the Gecko rubber ourselves, it is our formulations and the process is unique to us and it does not go to RC4LESS. However, if they are interested in stocking our rubber I assume they will get in touch
Richie ARL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 02:04 AM   #51
Tech Initiate

how about pancar/world gt/proten tyres?????????????.

seems that the well known grp tyres,they gave very good grip and wear.Aren't produced anymore.So i am looking for a differant tyre to use on my proten
kc steringa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 04:06 AM   #52
Tech Champion

Quote:
Nice try! but certainly not true. I can assure everybody that the 'RC4LESS' tyres from this link are NOT Gecko tyres. We mould the Gecko rubber ourselves, it is our formulations and the process is unique to us and it does not go to RC4LESS. However, if they are interested in stocking our rubber I assume they will get in touch
I see this thread hasn't seen action in awhile...are the Gecko tires still around? Are they still planning a 1/12th pan car tire? www.teammarketingamerica.com no longer lists Gecko tires on their site...so what's going on?
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 05:58 AM   #53
Tech Addict

a main hobbies has 1/12 scale geckos, I just picked up some touring car foams to try out.

Sorry mate it was actually Microtech Racing in the UK who have stock of the 1/12 geckos, not a-main hobbies as I said earlier.