R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-20-2008, 06:44 AM   #16
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean B. View Post
I didn't do very well in math class, but how is a $13.00 pair of Geico's cheaper than a $10.00 pair of Jaco's?
+1, even a caveman can do it. LOL
cheehtae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 10:38 AM   #17
Tech Rookie

I use gecko tyres to november 2007.
FANTASTIC

I race in Italian UISP championship sport class (10.5 brushless, hard case lipo and foam tyres) whit my Xray T2 '008.
In the last champ. im arrived 10th in final standing (96 driver classified).

Ivan
special106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 01:18 PM   #18
Tech Master

Gecko's are propbably the best racing foams I've ever used. IMHO they are much better than other popular brands I have used as they keep consistant and wear much better.

TRF419, TBEvo6, TT02, VDF, TRF501x, TRF201, TRF101, Mi5, X-Ray T4-13, BD7 2014, A700 Evo, WR-02G

Last edited by Qatmix; 12-28-2008 at 03:57 PM.
Qatmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 08:08 PM   #19
Tech Fanatic

Easy there.

Last edited by Jack Rimer; 12-21-2008 at 06:24 AM.
Jack Rimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 09:19 PM   #20
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Maybe these tires are made out of pipe insulation, but can't this guy be allowed to say that he likes the Gecko tires on the Gecko tires thread?? Relax. You can't make everyone like your tires.

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 09:38 PM   #21
Tech Champion

I used to run 1/10th scale gas (before touring cars) foams on my 1/10th pan car and loved it. The high rubber content had as good grip as the more expensive regular pan car foams but had extremely little wear. Most times I would break the rim before wearing the tire too low to be used. If these are anything like that I look forward to trying their 1/12th scale tires when they come out next year.
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 02:36 AM   #22
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robk View Post
Maybe these tires are made out of pipe insulation, but can't this guy be allowed to say that he likes the Gecko tires on the Gecko tires thread?? Relax. You can't make everyone like your tires.
+1......That was just dumb to say Jack; and I run Jaco tyres, 1/10th & for 1/12th!

A E - 12R5.2 _ S M - REV8 PRO
JayBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 01:20 PM   #23
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

made the A with a set N Vegas 10.5 .. there worth a try
Old 12-21-2008, 01:35 PM   #24
Tech Addict

I would love to see one of the worlds best drivers giving them a go in Mod or gas as ive heard lots of great things about these tyres. Im sure they can give JACO a run for their money.

Mike
ixlr8nz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 01:39 PM   #25
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Default wheelz

Im no pro but,I will be running them back to back with jacos @ the novak
Old 12-21-2008, 08:59 PM   #26
Tech Fanatic

ya, at the halloween classic i saw a schumacher foam sedan on gecko tires... it was dialed all the way in to the wall!
Old 12-27-2008, 08:42 PM   #27
Tech Regular

Thanks for the kind words about Gecko Tires. Obviously being new there has been many questions about their availability. They can be found in our on-line store at www.teammarketingamerica.com and also Ebay. Soon we will have the Gecko Tires in selected hobby shops throughout the country.

I would like to keep this thread going so the founder of these great tires can answer any tech questions that racers on RC Tech may want to ask him. These tires are not like the conventional sheet foam tires that everyone has been using. The manufacturing process is completely different with the biggest difference being the entire tire patch is the same shore from edge to edge. They are not gradient and do not have glued joints. This is what gives Gecko Tires the grip levels that exceed present foam tires. Our process of gluing the Gecko Tires to the rims is what makes our tires peel resistant so we don't need to have the harder rubber on the outside of the rims which takes away from grip. These are without doubt the future of RC foam racing tires.

The new Competition 53 carpet tires are a must try. You will have to do some changes in setup and driving style to get use to the new found grip. However most all drivers haved had positive success and lower lap times with Gecko Foam Racing Tires.

I hope everyone gives the Gecko Tires a try. We know that not everyone will want to use them, that is just the way it is. So this thread we will keep positive and for Tech Questions for racers using Gecko Tires.

If you are interested in becoming a sponsored driver for Gecko Tires after you use them, please send your racing resume to [email protected].
TM America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 09:15 PM   #28
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robk View Post
When someone says something stupid you quote it so those who missed out can read it after they edited it.
Old 12-28-2008, 07:23 AM   #29
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixlr8nz View Post
I would love to see one of the worlds best drivers giving them a go in Mod or gas as ive heard lots of great things about these tyres. Im sure they can give JACO a run for their money.

Mike
there has been top racers trying them and dropping lap times, i been track side racing and seen it, You wont hear about it as the top guys are tied into sponsorship deals with other brands, I imaging it because there only 1/10th at the moment and the top guys race in all scales and it would meen them having to buy there tyres like us then to use gecko in 1/10th.
whitham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 04:09 PM   #30
Tech Regular

TM America is offline   Reply With Quote