R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-26-2003, 10:20 PM   #16
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Orion and Peak used to use different names for the brushes besides enduro and sprint. Enduros used to be 10/30, meaning 10-30 runs depending on the motor. The Sprints used to be 2/3 which is 2-3 runs. Both deliver good performance for what they are intended for.

-Sushi Boy
Old 10-26-2003, 10:44 PM   #17
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to JitsuGuy

Do these motors come in a 19T version?

Thanks,
J
JitsuGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2003, 11:07 PM   #18
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Not that I know of right now....
Old 10-26-2003, 11:41 PM   #19
Tech Addict

Send a message via ICQ to Cobra81li200

If by a lot of the pro's the team orion drivers, then it doesn't mean anything !!! Of course they use them, they HAVE to use them. And I won't believe all that is written on their site, they won't say it's a bad motor on their own site, will they ?

Now I know people who saw them since they're prototypes, and they're not impressed at all. That's why I'm saying wait and see.
Cobra81li200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 12:21 AM   #20
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

it was shown on the Team Orion web site that at the recenet IFMAR offroad worlds in florida, rick howart ran a revolution motor for the entire event with out a single rebuild. i believe that he was in the a-main also.

RC-Trim | Serpent USA | On-Point | Trinity | Revtech | ORCA | BSR | KO Propo | PT RC Racing Oil | WTRC | rcpitwhores.com
peter_robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 12:40 AM   #21
Tech Addict

Yeah, this is what is said on their web site. Now I'm waiting for any driver to beat me with a motor he did not trued for more than 20 packs...

And this is completely stupid : you have at least to clean the bearings running off road.

Oh, and he was indeed in the A main, but finished last... And another thing : you cannot say that 2WD off road is a hard class for the motors, it's the one where the motors suffers the less on all 1:10 th cars except pan cars.
Old 10-27-2003, 05:02 AM   #22
Tech Regular

Not to judge the motor before its out, but that 20 runs thing is probably true. Apparently the traction at the worlds was bad, the race was won wit ha 14 turn, or so Ive heard. So it could very well be that you could make the a main with an untrued motor.
RC Paperboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 06:52 AM   #23
Tech Rookie

On the orion web site it seez Rick Howart and Mike Truhe ran 14 runs in the 4wd class with a 10x1 without cutting the com or changing the brushes and after the race they took ricks motor apart and it could have run 10 more time easy.
Grindgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 07:19 AM   #24
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TexRacer

Boy are you guys caught in the hype or what?lol.Wow.
The endbell is the nicest thing of these motors.Swiss precision with a metal guided bearing.This hasnt been seen since point blank motor's back in the day.Orion does it on both sides where as only 1 is really needed.A+ for the endbell and what it does.
Now on the Brushes.
The Brushes in this motor are stated by people testing to last 2 times longer than a normal mod can with standard endbell using the same compound brush in the standard design.
I havent seen just a BIG Jump in production or performance from these motor's so making the SMART DECISION I will wait to purchase one of these motor's.
But like the Core's that are already out.Super Fast and the Magnets last 3 times longer than any trinity(Epic) can.
I wouldnt mind playing with one but for the average guy it's all hype right now and I will be one of many with experience and knowledge of waiting on these motor's to really produce before wasting any money on one.
Goodluck to all you guys.
Like Spike Lee says
Dont Believe the HYPE. lol.I will wait.
Old 10-29-2003, 03:18 PM   #25
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

My local shop talk to someone at Orion today and they said the motors would not be in for another month because the worlds delayed them.
Old 10-29-2003, 03:47 PM   #26
Tech Addict

They're available in shops in france since monday.
Old 11-12-2003, 05:43 PM   #27
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Andrew Swanson Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew Swanson

All on the orion/peak sites is true i myself ran my 10x1 4wd motor at the world 15 runs without truing it and also in my 2wd. I then went on to run the motor of 28 runs at my home track without touching the motor at all even the bearings and it is still a rocket. Yes you might think i have to say this and i do have to say it's better but only because it is and it's up to you do decide for yourself. I work at peak/orion USA motor department and build these motors everyday and they are available throughout the world right but in scarce quantities due to the fact that there is only a handfew of people buildings motor in the usa for the whole world. The motors should be readily available in the whole world in about a month and a half because we have to catch up with the high demand. As for right now call your local distributor and see fi they have them.

Also if you have any questions please post them here or at www.peakmotors.com or www.team-orion.com forums.

Also there is a good thread at www.rcracechat.com
Andrew Swanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 05:49 PM   #28
Tech Fanatic

What's up Swandogg?
James Nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 08:00 PM   #29
Tech Elite

Smart consumers should wait to purchase high end products. After all who wants to waste their money? Everyone who has tried the motor (paying customers) has been extremely satisfied with the motor's performance.

As for availability, consumers must understand that unlike other large American motor manufacturers, our market is worldwide and demand for the product is extreme. We have increased the size of our motor production staff to accomodate demand for this product.

Quote:
Now I'm waiting for any driver to beat me with a motor he did not trued for more than 20 packs...
When would you like to race me???
Rick Hohwart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 08:10 PM   #30

Send a message via ICQ to Calvin Ng

lol

u sound pretty serious about it
Calvin Ng is offline   Reply With Quote