R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Team Orion Clubman Lipo Charger (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/260919-team-orion-clubman-lipo-charger.html)

Xraylover2 12-18-2008 12:09 AM

Team Orion Clubman Lipo Charger

I have purchased an orion advantage Clubman Lipo Charger last week. I charged my orion 3800 mah LiPo at 3.8A. The charger was broken down when I proceeded the third time in charging process.

Everything seem normal in charging except the balancing time. When the charger switched to balancing mode, a white smoke was come from the balancing port. And then the charger could not be functioned well anymore.

I believe some fets inside the charger were burnt out. I have wrote email to customer service of Team Orion at early of this week. However, up to now, no response has been received from them.

Orion, please, let me have your reply on the following enquries as early as possible:

1) any warranty to my Clubman Lipo Charger?

2) could you just arrange a replacement for the charger?

3) if need repair works, where should the hobby shop send my charger to ? China manufacturer?

4) who bare the shipping cost and repair cost?

Xraylover2 12-18-2008 04:56 PM

My friend also bought this charger...his charger has problems too

we believe that there should be some bugs in the firmware...its display will be closed during charging....sometimes wont happened but sometimes the display will disappear.....I hope his charger wont burnt out soon

Nano 12-19-2008 12:15 AM

Xraylover2

I have answered your email.

Obviously if there is something wrong with the charger you are entitled to a warranty repair/replacement.

What do you mean by the display switching off? during charge the LCD back light can be switched on or off using the + and - keys.

Nano

Xraylover2 12-19-2008 03:15 AM

i meant the display of my friend's charger will be automatically switched off. Anyway, his charger is still functioning well...

Thank you for your email. I will contact the shop in HK.

Again, thank you very much

jonest 02-16-2009 11:06 PM

I got the Lipo Clubman and wish to charge my TX Batt which doesn't has a balancing port / cable, just "+" & "-". When connected and proceeds to charging, the charger says error as no connector cable attached.

How do I charge the TX Batt?

Thanks.

JBRacing 03-12-2009 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by jonest (Post 5442698)
I got the Lipo Clubman and wish to charge my TX Batt which doesn't has a balancing port / cable, just "+" & "-". When connected and proceeds to charging, the charger says error as no connector cable attached.

How do I charge the TX Batt?

Thanks.

I join the question....

Nano 03-13-2009 02:13 AM

The charger was originally designed to be used only with Lipo and Life batteries which have a balancing connector. We will soon release a new version that can charge with or without balancing.

RC MARKET 03-13-2009 02:28 AM

but price changed too expensive !

steveonamission 03-13-2009 09:05 AM

Anyone know where i can get replacement balancing leads for it?

As it won't let me charge now, as ive misplaced them?

Thanks in advance

Burney 03-13-2009 09:57 AM

so am i reading this right you need to balance the pack each time or it wont work ???

steveonamission 03-13-2009 10:42 AM

Correct

Silly isnt it:rolleyes: