R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Josh Cyrul Joins Thunder Power RC (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/260875-josh-cyrul-joins-thunder-power-rc.html)

ThunderPowerRC 12-17-2008 08:33 PM

Josh Cyrul Joins Thunder Power RC

Thunder Power RC is very excited to announce the signing of 28-time ROAR US National Championship winning, and multiple-time major US and world-event top-qualifier and champion, Josh Cyrul.

When Thunder Power RC decided to enter the surface marketplace, we felt Josh, with his 21 years of experience in the hobby including product design, testing, tuning and racing, would be a perfect choice to support our products at the highest levels. Josh will play an important role by not only using and promoting our products at race events around the world, but also by assisting in the testing and development of future TPRC products.

“At the moment there are a lot of companies working hard to be the best in the lipo battery and charger market for surface vehicles. Thunder Power is well-known for their performance and quality in the airplane and helicopter markets, so when they wanted to make a strong push to bring their technology and knowledge to the car market I was all ears” states Josh. “This past weekend was my first experience running a Thunder Power 5000mAh Pro Race 40C lipo battery and the performance was the best that I have driven so far. I am looking forward to representing them at all the major US and international events where lipo is allowed in 2009 and beyond. I would also like to thank everyone at Thunder Power for this great opportunity”.

Thunder Power RC would also like to thank Josh for believing in us and our products enough to join the team, and to congratulate Josh on his win last weekend at the second round of the FastCats Hobbies Northeast Grand Slam Series using the new Thunder Power 2S 7.4V 5000mAh Pro Race 40C battery. We also look forward to the feedback of Josh, our other team members, friends and customers in anticipation of not only providing what we hope will become products among the RC surface market’s leading LiPo battery, charger and other accessory offerings, but also to becoming part of an incredible community of individuals that continues to push the limits of electric power system technology and performance to the edge and beyond!

iphoone 12-17-2008 08:39 PM

Congra. Josh :p

RCSteve93 12-17-2008 08:42 PM

Thunder Power is snatching up guys... Schreff, Haynes, and now Josh. I think there is going to be battery wars between Thunder Power and SMC. When is the hard case 3.7V for 1/12th coming out so you can give SMC a run for their money.

Sean B. 12-17-2008 09:43 PM

it's no war.
Danny will only be playing catch up from now on

Wild Cherry 12-17-2008 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by Sean B. (Post 5180775)
it's no war.

LoL !

BATTLE

Francis M. 12-17-2008 10:21 PM

Congrats to TP on signing a worlds level driver and more importantly a well respected representative in Cyrul.....

TeamB&B 12-17-2008 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by RCSteve93 (Post 5180562)
When is the hard case 3.7V for 1/12th coming out so you can give SMC a run for their money.

Skip the 3.7v. 7.4v 2s1P LiPo with enough mAhs for a 13.5 to run 8 mins will be the ticket.

2wdMod 12-18-2008 12:03 AM

it's no war.

Hate to say it , but you may be right! TP has had their feet in the lipo pool for a long time so I bet they have a few secrets up their sleeve!

Glad to see they picked up a top notch michigander like josh to put a good light on their products!!:nod: On a side note, I miss the angel burgers from CEFX:cry:

RCSteve93 12-18-2008 03:50 AM

it's no war.

:lol::lol:

I guess that COULD be true.

miller tyme 12-18-2008 03:51 AM

Originally Posted by RCSteve93 (Post 5180562)
When is the hard case 3.7V for 1/12th coming out so you can give SMC a run for their money.

Hopefully they will develop a different chemistry, cell closer to 4.8 volt.

Dasmopar 12-18-2008 05:04 AM

Josh who? lol

Jack Rimer 12-18-2008 05:12 AM

it's no war.

Now THAT'S a good one. :lol:

Mutabarucka 12-18-2008 05:25 AM

it's no war.

And you could say Danny is in the surface much longer than TP, and he know what a surface racer need, but it is a good thing now that we have a company that is in lipo bis for a long time stepping up and putting there know how for the surface guys.

adamliehr 12-18-2008 05:39 AM

Is it time for the Snowbirds yet? :sneaky:

Dan/Ultraline 12-18-2008 07:08 AM

Great News TP...:nod: