R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-16-2008, 10:53 AM   #16
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kevin K Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin K

http://www.rcinfos.com/2004/2004_01_...S_Pro_MAX2.jpg

This is one of their last ESC's I think in 2004.....You can see the tubes in the ESC case.
Im only responsible for what I say NOT what you understand.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 10:54 AM   #17
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Patents don't mean a whole lot. Especially internationally. All you have to do is tweak the design a little and you are fine. I have been through this and decided not to patent a product that we made and sold as there was very little protection for the investment.

.:Team Orion : JConcepts : B-Fast RC:.
johnnyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 11:13 AM   #18
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailranger View Post
I do have a patent in progress to improve the differential used in our cars. I figured I could pay back my patent cost with that idea. So in about 2 years, some great things are coming!
An improved diff? There are some many types of differentials available, hard to improve or invent a new. Want to see that thing
BTW: Schumacher invented the ball-differential. Do they get money from Tamiya, Hotbodies, Corally, Asso, ...?
Der Dicke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 02:07 PM   #19
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Dicke View Post
An improved diff? There are some many types of differentials available, hard to improve or invent a new. Want to see that thing
BTW: Schumacher invented the ball-differential. Do they get money from Tamiya, Hotbodies, Corally, Asso, ...?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ball_differential

The question is... does the lawn mower guy get the money from Tamiya, Hot-Bodies, Corally, Associated, etc...
Old 12-16-2008, 05:44 PM   #20
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin K View Post
Then I guess CS Electronics could come after you too.....lol. The CS Rocket line of ESC's in the late 90's had this very thing you are talking about. So its been out there for ohhh about 10 years now. Nothing new or earth shattering.....I just dont know why more companies dont use this system???
That was my thoughts exactally. When I bought my first Novak motor about 4 years ago I was on the ball thinking there was a better way tha soldering wire to the PCB board. I know Novak came out with the copper tabs that are patent protected but that was not enough for me. I thought it would be easier to measure the length of wire needed from my ESC to Motor, solder on a terminal to the ends and before I stick my ESC down attach the terminals to the PCB board with a copper screw. Then I Aattach the wires to the motor. Now I can add just the right amount of twist to each wire to make that perfect tucked curl. I don't have to worry about frying a motor or ESC from the Iron heat. The resistance would not be much more than soldering and could be better since the joint would be under compression and not affected by the soldering setup or PCB soldering skills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyboy View Post
Patents don't mean a whole lot. Especially internationally. All you have to do is tweak the design a little and you are fine. I have been through this and decided not to patent a product that we made and sold as there was very little protection for the investment.
Since china makes most of our R/C stuff anyways, it would be hard to take them to court to recover less than the cost of the plane ticket over there. China will knock off everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Dicke View Post
I know that you want to see the design, but untill I get granted the patent I will not disclose anything about the concept excpet that I will have the idea licensed to one singular manufacture to produce parts for thier cars and after market parts for other cars. Hopefully I could end up providing a better product at a better price than some of the over priced brands by going that route. Right now my lawyer is doing the patent searches to make sure my idea was not discovered already. Just like Kevin K said about my connector Idea, I might of had a good idea, but someone else could have been born before I was and thought of it first.
Old 12-18-2008, 09:20 PM   #21
Tech Rookie

Default what patent??

Hi trailranger,

I don`t know what is your patent violated?
The terminals on ESC are not connector type and it just a metal terminal for the soldering wires.

Regardless this terminal is connector or not, this terminal has fully penerated tapping hole for the screw fixing and this shape came from 20 more years ago with so many applications. In nearly, we have used this from 5 years ago with our old ESC series as SSB mk and Quark.

The only one reason, of this shape is not popular, is the BOM cost sould be higher than whole mass type terminal or direct soldering.
jaewan park is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 09:34 PM   #22
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaewan park View Post
Hi trailranger,

I don`t know what is your patent violated?
The terminals on ESC are not connector type and it just a metal terminal for the soldering wires.

Regardless this terminal is connector or not, this terminal has fully penerated tapping hole for the screw fixing and this shape came from 20 more years ago with so many applications. In nearly, we have used this from 5 years ago with our old ESC series as SSB mk and Quark.

The only one reason, of this shape is not popular, is the BOM cost sould be higher than whole mass type terminal or direct soldering.
No Patent violated, like KevinK said a similar idea has already been out there. I never even started the patent process or I would have discoverd by the patent search that the similar design exsisted. Instead, I started a patent on a differential concept becuase I felt it was more marketable than the connector.

Since Quark has the connections to that connector, Pun Intended, why not try to market those connectors to other ESC companies and to racers to install on ESC's and Motors.
Old 12-18-2008, 10:26 PM   #23
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailranger View Post
No Patent violated, like KevinK said a similar idea has already been out there. I never even started the patent process or I would have discoverd by the patent search that the similar design exsisted. Instead, I started a patent on a differential concept becuase I felt it was more marketable than the connector.

Since Quark has the connections to that connector, Pun Intended, why not try to market those connectors to other ESC companies and to racers to install on ESC's and Motors.
Since this terminal has fully penerated tapping hole for the screw fixing and also,, these terminals are absolutly fixed & soldered for PCB mounting and never to remove,, i.e This is utterly opposed to your concept which is pre-soldered wire connector for the free of removal and fixing with screw.
for this reason, your connector must not fully penetrated for the screw tapping hole,, or, cannot remove once soldered.

For the reason why,, the BOM cost and weight would be increased and Direct soldering is better for the minimizing resistance. if this resistance of inter-connections was 1 mohm, the heat generation due to only this resistance would be 10watts under 100A current state, (10watts are very big amount of heating and please suppose 10watts are not total but only generated from connector resistance added.)

Therefore, we apply this terminal with full penerated screw fixing plus soldering on PCB for the minimizing resistance. so, he cannot removed by screw remove.
jaewan park is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 08:31 PM   #24
Tech Fanatic

Plasma Pro II Indoor Race Video.

http://kr.youtube.com/watch?v=HtKzPk...e=channel_page

★ Show Hobby(Novarossi)
Km Racing HK1 Meen Version
Another Nick: Bander
gansei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 12:44 PM   #25
Tech Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to pointforward Send a message via Skype™ to pointforward
Default Plasma/Quark website?

Does anyone know if there's a website for the Plasma or the manufacturer, Quark? I've been googling to no avail. Looking for its PC interface ala Hobbywing/Tekin, etc.
pointforward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 12:51 PM   #26
Tech Elite

Ask http://www.cbracingshop.com/catalog/ or http://www.arkinnovations.com/shop/index.php

These guys are still distributing this controller.
Old 08-21-2012, 10:16 AM   #27
Tech Adept

Hi,

Do someone have tried Plasma pro 3 with Ko Propo radio please?

I explain the reason of my question, some times ago, I tried one Plasma pro 3 and I had a very very little brake and there was no way to increase it's strength.

a friend tried it after me with an other radio and the brake worked, I don't know why, I don't know if the ESC was damaged or not????

So I would like to be sure a new Plasma pro 3 will work with my Ko Eurus ?

Thanks for your reply,

Nico'
Nico' is offline   Reply With Quote