R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-14-2003, 10:16 PM   #16
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

Gys,

This is the CHamps!!! Two practice sessions and its qualifying time!! There is NO time to figure out motors. YOu either come prepared-or you go home with a N-Main trophy!!!!

I think it best to knock the bearings out of the 19th binary, put bushings in and run it at 27 and 36 degrees of timong and see what happens. Cannot wai to hear what RCsilly has to say!!!!

Ray
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 09:22 AM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ray: That will give you NO indication as to how this motor's gonna run. It's a FLAT sided can with 24 degrees timing, with the quad mag set-up skewed to give approximately 36 degrees of timing. If you build it in a binary can, you've got a standard Quad set-up in a round can, plus I believe the Epic stocks are epoxy balanced so there's yet another variable.

What you're going to do for Touring car is probably going to be VERY Monsteresque. I already have ideas about 12th, which I'll share with you in a slightly more secure environment. These motors should be fast, but will also be VERY HUNGRY for MAH.
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 09:51 AM   #18
Tech Champion

Default MaH!!!

Cypress-you know it!! I am building new packs every few days as I receive them!!! I will run them at the Halloween Classic then put them away till the week before the Champs!!!

Man-this is gonna be nuts the Champs. All this Horsepower!!!
Old 10-15-2003, 10:29 AM   #19
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I remember the days of the KYOSHO handout motors. You could only make them fast by putting them in the trunk of one of Ernie's Ferrari's and then letting me drive with no fear of police intervention!

Now we go and we get decent motors, how cool is that?
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 11:28 AM   #20
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Cracker78

Quote:
Originally posted by rayhuang
You either come prepared-or you go home with a N-Main trophy!!!!
Ray

I would be doing cartwheels in the parking lot if I came home with an N-Main trophy
Cracker78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 11:58 AM   #21
RCTech Member #2

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Send a message via ICQ to TSR6

Quote:
Originally posted by Cracker78
I would be doing cartwheels in the parking lot if I came home with an N-Main trophy
...now THAT i want to see.
RCTech Member #2

The postings and views expressed on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the positions, strategies, or opinions of any company I may be employed by.
TSR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 03:02 PM   #22
Tech Regular

Ray,
our track testing with the "frankenmotor " shows that what we created has more rpm than the current run of the mill monster , we ran it in a 1/12 th ( 8 amps at 5v ) 4505s , green / green , and rolled it out the same as we do the monsters. lotsa straight line speed , better rip off the tight corners ,with Fuku & Otec 3300s run time is good, but it did make more heat ( timing ) we will try some other rollouts , and other stuff and let you know.
Bob
it will make the champs alot of fun , I know that !
"bring the dyno , springs and brushs , and stay up all night "
RCsilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 03:27 PM   #23
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by RCsilly
Ray,
our track testing with the "frankenmotor " shows that what we created has more rpm than the current run of the mill monster , we ran it in a 1/12 th ( 8 amps at 5v ) 4505s , green / green , and rolled it out the same as we do the monsters. lotsa straight line speed , better rip off the tight corners ,with Fuku & Otec 3300s run time is good, but it did make more heat ( timing ) we will try some other rollouts , and other stuff and let you know.
Bob
it will make the champs alot of fun , I know that !
"bring the dyno , springs and brushs , and stay up all night "
DARTHBOB!!!!! USE THE FORCE!!!!!!
Downforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 05:08 PM   #24
Tech Elite

I think this going to be a great motor. I don't run much stock any more, but maybe I'll have to get one of these from my sponsor to play around with. He has done some testing on these and says they are wickedly fast.
PitCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 06:38 PM   #25
Tech Regular

Umm...is it me or did they remove the pics fom their site?
Downforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 11:54 AM   #26
Tech Adept

Try this URL:
http://www.teamtrinity.com/hobbyvisions03.asp

I do not see what is so exciting about this motor, though. Anybody can make a cheater motor that is faster than a ROAR legal stock motor. This new Trinity motor clearly breaks at least two ROAR rules; quad mags & epoxy balancing. What is appauling is that Trinity is trying to call this a stock motor, because it is clearly not a stock motor. It is a 27 turn mod motor. Since it is only legal for mod class, I cannot see any reason to get one. There are much faster mod motors out there.

What I suspect is that Trinity is trying to force ROAR into changing the rules on stock class to allow for quad mags and epoxy balancing. That would be the stupidest thing ROAR could do. Stock class is already too fast for many new racers. Changing stock class to be even faster will only serve to make entry into the racing aspect of the hobby even harder for newbies.
Shiloh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 12:27 PM   #27
Tech Adept

I totally agree with Shiloh's comments... which all begs the question "Why is stock so popular?" It's not cheaper. In no way is it a "controlled motor" class any more. So why is it that at most tracks that I have been to, stock is the most popular class?
Old 10-16-2003, 12:35 PM   #28
Tech Champion

RCsilly-thanks for the info!!

Cracker-I am not even going to turn this into a stock vs. mod is cheaper thread!!!

I am actually contemplating running 19 turn at my track a couple of times just in case the handout motor for the Champ is just whicked fast!!! Dont want to be in shock the first qualifier!!!
Old 10-16-2003, 12:38 PM   #29
Tech Elite

It is a cheaper class - the motors cost half, the speedo's you need can cost 1/3 of the price.

Now maybe the top people do spend a lot on it - a couple of motors to experiment with, regular rebuilds, top end ESC - but playing with full modifieds is even more expensive than that.

With stock, you can at least feel like you're competing without having to drop big money - you can get some pretty good laptimes in with less expensive stuff (granted, for that last 5% you need to spend a bit more money). Now in modified, a 17-turn motor and a basic speedo won't get you close to the 10-turn motors.

Plus the lack of power in stock makes for closer racing, especially when the track is a bit on the small side. I like stock - our club actually has no motor rules, and running mod is only worth a few tenths a lap, if you can keep it on the track!
sosidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 12:54 PM   #30
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by rayhuang
Cracker-I am not even going to turn this into a stock vs. mod is cheaper thread!!!
hahaha you are right ray... this not the right thread for this... i will refrain from any further comments