Hey man

hit me up on e-mail!
Intelligentsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 10:22 PM   #693
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (98%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck
Can anyone tell me what is the runtime on a battery pack in a M18 ? Are the races like 5 minutes or more ?
Hi Canuck my m18 ran for about 15m with the stock power pack. I now run a Peak Raider motor and Peak matched Gp 1100 cells and it runs for about 7-8 minutes depending on gearing.
Old 10-01-2005, 11:10 AM   #694
Tech Elite

Run time will depend on the track size & gearing. When running on a track that is sized for 1/18, you should get 20 minutes or more, with almost any motor (as long as you are geared appropriately for the track size). Our track is 34' X 19'. Larger tracks that require bigger pinions will dump your pack sooner. Also true of track surfaces with more rolling resistance.
duneland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 07:16 AM   #695
Tech Adept

I'm new to the 1/18th size of things and was hoping to get a few questions answered. I will be getting an m18 soon w/ an lrp super sport and orion big block. what receiver are you guys using? I have a JRXS so I was wondering if I should just get another Novak XXL. Also, what batteries do these small scales take? I've heard 1100 and 1200, but are the cells physically smaller then the 3300 cells I use on 1/10th. I thought the 1100, 1200, 3300 was mah, not a physical cell dimension, but I'm sure the two are linked.

Also, when I do find out what batteries to get can my pulsar competition 2 charger charge the smaller batteries? Can I just put on a regular dean's plug?

I also am getting a Mini-T w/ the chassis that holds saddle packs if anyone can offer advice on that as well.

Thanks for any help,
-Eric
gaeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 07:59 AM   #696
Tech Addict

Hi,

Yes the MAh will generally give you an idea as to the size. You can purchase these cells from www.unitedrc.com .

The cells are smaller than 3300 cells and yes your Pitbull charger will be capable of charging them, you will just need to decrease the charge rate. I used to charge my packs at around two amps. You may also afix a Dean's plug to the cell for a quick connection or you may hardwire as many do in 1/10 up to you. These cars are pretty similar to the larger 1/10 cars, just smaller dimensions.
Intelligentsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 01:25 PM   #697
Tech Elite

The cells in question are 2/3 A size. They typically have mah ratings from 1000-1400.
I use a multiplex rx that is compatible with the JR. You may have touble finding one though. They are no longer available from my distributers on 75 band. The xxl may have to do.
There are many choices for motors. The big block is just another mabuchi 300. You can get a GWS 350 for about 10-15 bucks (a mabuchi 300 with a faster wind). Some of the newer motors have replaceable brushes & have the same appearance as the 1/10 motors.
Old 10-29-2005, 06:14 AM   #698
Tech Master

Hi Guys,
Can Anyone tell me if the front/rear hubs on the m18
are the same and can i run GPM hubs in the front
and rear or front only?
Cheers,
Rhys.
Old 11-16-2005, 04:59 PM   #699
Tech Adept

Can anyone tell me how to raise up my M18 some. I finally got it together and was running it today in the street. It got all scratched up. So, anyway to increase ride height on M18?

Thanks,
-ERic
gaeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 07:17 PM   #700
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaeric
Can anyone tell me how to raise up my M18 some. I finally got it together and was running it today in the street. It got all scratched up. So, anyway to increase ride height on M18?

Thanks,
-ERic
maybe put some spacers in the shocks to preload them and raise them. either that or put bigger tires on it, or less droop (turn the downstop screw counterclockwise, taking it out)

Awesomatix USA/Pyscho Cells Racing/Tekin/Sweep Racing/RSD/180 Raceway/Johns Mobile Raceway/TQ Wire/Avid/Sanwa
geeunit1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 11:16 PM   #701
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabboy
Hi Guys,
Can Anyone tell me if the front/rear hubs on the m18
are the same and can i run GPM hubs in the front
and rear or front only?
Cheers,
Rhys.
Hi Rhys,
They'll work on both The back just uses less parts.

A picture with your post, when trouble shooting, will probably get more rctech help than without...
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 05:01 AM   #702
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaeric

Thanks,
-ERic
Hi,
Put some O-rings on the shock body like the plastic spacers that come with the kit.
Hope this helps
Rhys
Old 12-28-2005, 06:24 AM   #703
Tech Master

Hi Guys.
Just bought a Mamba Comp. X for my m18 and it is so fast it is like no micro I have ever seen I have some GPM drive shafts in the car and the pins fell out of them. What are some of the best upgrades you can get. I allready have things like ball diffs SSG chassis and top deck but what else can I do to make it better.
Any help would be greatly apprciated
Rhys
Old 12-28-2005, 07:55 AM   #704
Tech Regular

Hi,

My reccomendations for raising the micro. Take out the rear droop srews (full droop). in the front limit the droop only to the point so the steering arm doesn't touch the chasis.

I also make my own wheels from the TRC donuts untrued and stock rims. This also alows me to build my wheels slightly wider than stock for traction purposes.

The spacers help if the springs don't hold the car, but i haven't had that trouble and only preload the front to give a stiifer front and more traction to rear.

These chages I did do to the fact that often we run on unprepared asfalt (parking lots) and the clearance aids in traction due to the chassis not rubbing the grown as much.

Good luck.
havy
havy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 11:18 AM   #705
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabboy
Hi Guys.
Just bought a Mamba Comp. X for my m18 and it is so fast it is like no micro I have ever seen I have some GPM drive shafts in the car and the pins fell out of them. What are some of the best upgrades you can get. I allready have things like ball diffs SSG chassis and top deck but what else can I do to make it better.
Any help would be greatly apprciated
Rhys
All the aluminum drive shafts I have come across are junk. That includes the expensive one from Xray. The stock plastic ones give me the longest life (I also run comp x & LiPo). There are steel & also titanium drives out there, but these seem to be offered by european companies that have no US distribution. Easily obtained on the net though..