R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-14-2004, 11:47 AM   #376
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by jeepnyy
Another way to remove them from the inner wheel is to press/squueze the inner part of the rim closer to the chassis. You will feel that it will slowly separate from the inner wheel. Just be patient, it will take some practice and alot of patoence on your part, but once you get it to come loose, it will be a piece of cake.

Good Luck
Maybe I'll use the slots for the wider wheel base. That way I'll be able to manipulate the inner wheel.
Neil Rabara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 08:01 PM   #377
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Neil Rabara
Maybe I'll use the slots for the wider wheel base. That way I'll be able to manipulate the inner wheel.
What do you mean manipulate ? Once you have the wheels in. Theres not much you can do unless you want to change the wheelbase. I do run mine wide track...i put a piece of lexan in between the inner & outer wheel. It prevent traction roll coming out of corners at high speed. Thats why I hope that they come out with a one-piece bolt-on wheel set. Get rid of the inner wheel. Easy to replace, less rolling weight, less warping too.
jeepnyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 08:03 PM   #378
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Raydee
Thanks, I actually found them made by Trinity. They are called R minus connectors.
Iam glad you do. How much does Trinity cost. RAD is about 5 bux, you get 10 female & 2 males.
jeepnyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 08:17 PM   #379
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Raydee

Quote:
Originally posted by jeepnyy
Iam glad you do. How much does Trinity cost. RAD is about 5 bux, you get 10 female & 2 males.
I paid $10.99 for a racer pack which had 20 female batt connectors and 2 males. I got them from my local hobby shop. I tried them today and I really like them so far.
Raydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 09:36 AM   #380
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

ttt
Old 03-16-2004, 09:43 AM   #381
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to spenzalii

Methinks I will wait for the Xray kit to come out. That blue is too cool (wait, is the IPD available in different colors? I forgot to look). Looking at the Xray mount, it looks like it has holes for a 180, 280 or 300 motor, which should be just fine. At this rate, I may end up with 2 cars with all the leftover parts (plan on getting the ball diffs, which would leave only the diff covers and bearings as major purchases)

As for the esc, I'll either get that V3r they have at the shop or find a Futaba 230 online for cheap. Since they both fit and deliver more amps to the motor than a mini esc, it just makes a bit more sense. It's just a pain to wire them...
Old 03-16-2004, 09:51 AM   #382
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
I just ordered it from R/C Mushroom. It's $54 USD and shipping is $18. So I order a few other items to offset the shipping. I should have it by friday or monday. Stormer doesn't know when they'll get it, and I'm actually saving $3 on the total deal.

Has any one used them before? I alway worry about using a internet hobby shop. The local are a sure thing

It's my RISK TAKER attitude.
jc510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 09:51 AM   #383
Tech Elite

http://www.powellracingcomponents.c
om
here is the link for prc they produce an xray m18 chassis as well and its top notch.
Old 03-16-2004, 09:56 AM   #384
Tech Elite

here are the pics
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg prc top m18.jpeg (65.9 KB, 193 views)
Old 03-16-2004, 01:22 PM   #385
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by ngo8
oops
i wonder if it is possible to have the saddle pack up front and move the servo/ recever to the back on the opposite side of the motor and use a long turnbuckle and a L shape lever to steer the car
Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 01:52 PM   #386
Regional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to UnderDaHill

Does anyone know if there will be a kit that includes the option parts?

I'll be buying one of these in the near future and plan to use a graphite chassis right from the start and wanted to save a bit of cash by not buying the basic kit first with a bunch of parts in it that will be replaced right away.

Just wondering if they'll have a "Team" version or something soon.
UnderDaHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 03:39 PM   #387
Tech Elite

underdahill how are i have chatted with you before. even though there is a big demand for these little cars it hasnt got to the point that you can call or write xray and get special packages they are so busy making these cars that they barely have time to make the option parts.
keep an eye on the banners up top for the fast and furious hobby store they have the cars fore 85 bucks thats 15 to 20 dollars cheeper then everyone else if you were to buy the stk chassis by it self it'll cost about 15 or 20 dollars then buy an after market plate and your set. i have driven the car for 3 months againts modified versions it does well under cetain situations , there is no need to go ballistic enjoy the car and mod it little by little. good luck!
Old 03-16-2004, 04:51 PM   #388
Regional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to UnderDaHill

Yeah... you've answered some of my goofy questions before. I agree that I should just mod it bit by bit over time.

I was just wondering if there were plans to do an xray "Team" kit in the near future. I'll just snag the stock kit if nothing has changed when I go to buy one.
UnderDaHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 05:22 PM   #389
Tech Elite

underda hill i doubt they will make a team kit for this car then again maybe! this is more of a novelty thing at the moment but ofcourse we the r/c racers turn everything into a serious competition.
Old 03-16-2004, 05:23 PM   #390
Tech Addict

maybe a M18 Freedom of choice?
Fire is offline   Reply With Quote