R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-16-2003, 11:12 AM   #151
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to spenzalii

Cute site. I do hope the pack gets to my shop before christmas. I would love to run the car with the electronics that were made for it. Then I'll get the 300 motor conversion. But it has to run first!
Old 12-16-2003, 12:49 PM   #152
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by spenzalii
Here's an off brand question:

A while back, Ofna sold a red 'brick' receiver pack. The cells were nice and square, but I couldn't remember what size they were. Anybody have a pack like that? They also sell the cells individually. I wonder if you can stack 6 together and fit them on the stock chasis. How do you solder something like that, I wonder...
Novak also sells a brick pack like it that is now NiMh. Would probably fit perfectly but with more power than a 5 cell pack.

A picture with your post, when trouble shooting, will probably get more rctech help than without...
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 12:53 PM   #153
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to spenzalii

HAven't seen it. Got a link?
Old 12-17-2003, 02:28 AM   #154
Tech Rookie

Mario - superb car. Handle almost like my T1.
Need good tip on how to remove the wheels.
zracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 04:37 AM   #155
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by zracer
Mario - superb car. Handle almost like my T1.
Need good tip on how to remove the wheels.
Yeah that is a major problemo ... I took the whole wheel assembly off and then used an allen key through the rims to push the wheel out. That will really mess up the brake disk decal.
tIANcI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 06:23 AM   #156
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by tIANcI
It took me about 6 hours to finish off a HPI Micro with the controls and electronics. The M18 was fuly built in only 1.5 hours!!! Of course kit only. I think its a brilliant car in terms of design and quility, much muhc better than the HPI for sure. Now to get it up and running!!!

Anyone knows anywhere to get options? I mean 4 degrees toe in is bad news!
Hey the Micro RS4 is still a great car and is very tunable, buildable and lots a things to do with the car that makes it fun.

http://www.yourmicro.com/forums/atta...&postid=112494
J Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 08:24 AM   #157
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by J Smith
Hey the Micro RS4 is still a great car and is very tunable, buildable and lots a things to do with the car that makes it fun.

http://www.yourmicro.com/forums/atta...&postid=112494
That I do not doubt, its 2 yrs old and hence a lot of options, great options. I have seen some that were fully done up, they cost a lot and its a nice piece of work.
tIANcI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 09:17 AM   #158
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I had the opportunity to watch the X-Ray last week-end, it was already more competitive than the full option micros...with a bad battery, had a lot more corner speed since the 4 wheels was stuck to the ground (carpet)....just need perhaps a stiffer chassis since the stock onehas a lot of lateral flex, the stock diifs are very smooth and the transmission very free...
utieh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 06:53 PM   #159
ajg

J Smith
Did penguin make the custom, no hole or sloted chassis for you?
How much did it cost?
Thanks Andrew

Nevermind, I found out that you paid $160 for two of them.

Last edited by ajg; 12-17-2003 at 07:34 PM.
ajg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 07:27 PM   #160
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to pucho

What should I charge the 2/3 cells at? An what should I set the Peack drop back to? BTW it's on an LRP Pulsar. Thanks in advance.
pucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 07:33 PM   #161
ajg

I use 1.5a to 2a and 7mv/c. (using a duratrax digital paek charger)

Use a fan on it when charging at 2 amps.
ajg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 09:46 PM   #162
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I can't believe the component quality on this kit!!!

the fit and finish is amazing! They looked into so many small details, there are flats on the plastic pivot balls where they attach to the parts tree so that if there is a tiny bit of flash it won't interfere with the functionality...

Parts are logically grouped and assembled in bags that correspond with the build steps.

The parts have been removed from parts trees and packaged int he previously mentioned bags and you have to look REALLY close to detect any flash on the loose parts.

Working with the Hudy screwdriver packaged with the kit is a whole different world for me...it makes me actually not detest Phillips head screws!! (well..as much anyway)..MUCH nicer than my Mastercraft drivers from Canadian Tire

The instructions are about the cleanest, highest quality, easiest to read set of instructions I've seen on any kit....

To look at the quality of the parts, the components used...the design, the quality of the packaging and included pieces you'd expect that this thing would cost a LOT more than the HPI....

My only guess is that HPI is making HUGE profits on the Micro RS4 if Xray is able to deliver a product of this quality and complexity at this price.

If this car was launched to introduce hobbyists to their product line for when they're ready to step up and race...it WORKED..at least with me it did...

If I decide to pick up a TC...I'm definitely going to give XRay some STRONG consideration.
ChrisP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 10:36 PM   #163
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to g_bruin Send a message via Yahoo to g_bruin

Xray's craftmanship is second to none. I have the EVO2 and it was just as easy and enjoyable to build as the M18. Everything just fit perfectly. You won't go wrong picking up another Xray.
g_bruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003, 08:20 AM   #164
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

X-Ray is ALL about quality. I'm also driving an EVO2. The car is just solid. I haven't installed the electronics in my M18 yet, still painting the body Can't wait!

“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” - John Wayne
dr_hfuhuhurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003, 10:03 AM   #165
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

You sound like you're in the same spot as me...

When you see the manufacturer has put so much effort into it..you just gotta make sure to take extra care yourslf too..to make it JUST right
ChrisP is offline   Reply With Quote