R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-10-2008, 06:15 PM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCSteve93 View Post
TC + Rubber + BL + LiPo + Carpet > Pan Car + NiMh/3.7v LiPo and RX pack + Foams
TC + Rubber + BL + LiPo + Asphalt > Pan Car + NiMh/3.7v LiPo and RX pack + Foams

But yes I do agree.
Old 12-10-2008, 06:46 PM   #17
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHoff7 View Post
TC + Rubber + BL + LiPo + Asphalt > Pan Car + NiMh/3.7v LiPo and RX pack + Foams

But yes I do agree.
I was just getting ready to type the exact same thing Asphalt is where it's at!
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 07:38 PM   #18
Tech Elite

If TC died tomorrow, and everyone ran world GT, the same guys that are complaining about TC work that are mid pack runners will be complaining in WGT.

I think TC's biggest negative is not the complexity, i love them. Im lazy and with a family dont put in much effort with setup any more i just show up and race, and do what i can on race nites with setups. The big negative is RUBBER TIRES. Now i used to be pro foam but its work, truer, constant adjustments for gearing,ride height and droop make it a pain in the ass... And Rubber tires just dont last and cost to much 50-60$ CND around here.....

I love TC and hope they are around for a long time. I would like some new tire revolution to make tires as simple as brushless and lipo...
Old 12-10-2008, 07:47 PM   #19
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel Lagace View Post
If TC died tomorrow, and everyone ran world GT, the same guys that are complaining about TC work that are mid pack runners will be complaining in WGT.

I think TC's biggest negative is not the complexity, i love them. Im lazy and with a family dont put in much effort with setup any more i just show up and race, and do what i can on race nites with setups. The big negative is RUBBER TIRES. Now i used to be pro foam but its work, truer, constant adjustments for gearing,ride height and droop make it a pain in the ass... And Rubber tires just dont last and cost to much 50-60$ CND around here.....

I love TC and hope they are around for a long time. I would like some new tire revolution to make tires as simple as brushless and lipo...
Rubber tires are pretty simple. Bolt on. Run a few laps to scrub in. Sauce them and race. On carpet they last forever.
Old 12-10-2008, 09:08 PM   #20
Tech Elite

they last for ever but the grip does not...

dont get me wrong ill take them over foam anyday.... Just wich they lasted longer and cost less. Who would not like that?
Old 12-10-2008, 09:10 PM   #21
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

anyone who has run lipo in a touring car will be reluctant to go back to 4 old school nimh just to go to a pan car your just trading one evil for another and by the way rubber on carpet +touring car is king
the mighty thor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 09:47 PM   #22
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Are all of you buying cars every year? I've had my BD for years now and haven't seen a car so revolutionary that made me want to sell my current car.

As for the complexity of TCs. It will be so much simpler to stay with one car so you know what to do with the car in certain situations. If we are talking about the majority of racers We probably race on the same track week in and week out Maybe two tracks at the most...

I really think people go overboard with bench racing and setting up cars especially locally and these are the same guys frustrated that thier cars is not consistent from one heat to the next...

OK rant over...lol

IMO TC/sedan isn't going anywhere since it is the most versatile car and can be run in not so perfect track conditions... + lipo makes it hard to go back to the 4 cell pan cars...
Old 12-11-2008, 05:08 AM   #23
Tech Elite

Well said francis!
Old 12-11-2008, 06:42 AM   #24
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to Bigger Brother

Personally, I believe TC racing is about the cheapest it has ever been.

And its even cheaper to COMPETE too - you no longer need a new motor every meeting, and a set of brushes every run. Two or three packs of LiPo will happily do a years racing - and at a top level. Control tires mean you don't have to carry around a huge stock of inserts, wheel widths and rubber compounds. You don't need six different bodyshells, just a Mazda6 and Speed6.

Yes the cost of the chassis has gone up, but as already has been said, a year or two old Xray, Yokomo, Tamiya etc chassis will still be very competitive.

At the end of the day, racing is as expensive as you make it. If you want to spend hundreds every week you can do, if you want it to be a few hundred for the year, that can be done too. And that last part applies to any class....

I don't know where the future is for TC, but here in the UK we had something like 150 entered for each of our 4 Nationals last year, plus hundreds more in regional series.
Old 12-11-2008, 07:24 AM   #25
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The 4th post says it all, I remember getting my first Ta-02 and thinking this thing is so cool, so realistic looking, Then I got a RC10DS wow a rear wheel drive car that looks like a mustang...thing even runs like a mustang with the tail out and always looking for rear grip. Now there are $600 touring cars and the bodies everyone HAS to run look nothing like real cars.

If you want to see where the problems are in ANY class look at the costs of getting going, and keeping going. This is why the TA classes and classes like Syber Serulean talked about, spec slash are so popular, use spec type rules but use realistic bodies and keep the costs down.
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote