Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ko BMC Speedo

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 09:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

I need some 1s lipo help. I have run other esc in a WGT ( SP and Novak) and have not had power issues with the motor. I am not getting any power to my motor at all. So I take it I will need to get a booster or RX pack. Anyone have any setups for WGT. Like Josh Cyrul's profile from IIC in 09?
Old 03-08-2010, 07:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

I almost feel like I am the only one still running this speedo.......
Old 03-08-2010, 07:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tha Skinny
u could be, I am running the RS cause I didn't feel like making the A at two day races just on corner speed *winks*. At least I didn't go so far as putting a KO PROPO sticker on my RS.... ha ha. Don't worry, As soon as the new software comes out I will be back to running the BMC
Old 03-08-2010, 07:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

LOL....Gotcha. I have had nothing but success with mine I just dont understand....EEHHHH WeLLLL
Old 03-08-2010, 07:23 PM
Tech Master

I'm still keeping my KO. With equal skill levels, there is just no way any speedo can match the RS atm. For the time being, the KO is in my short course. There are RS drivers in off road short course, but it's not as dominating.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

LOL....Gotcha. I have had nothing but success with mine I just dont understand....EEHHHH WeLLLL
In my region we have some pretty tallented drivers, and when I am running the same esc as them its easier to win lol. Before I would have been struggling fighting for 5th, instead of racing for the win lol. I have faith that the KO engineers will come up with something that works well. They just need a bit of time, and to give the guys a break from me calling weekly asking when the new stuff will be out. I just went out and got a Tekin (they make a nice product anyhow lol)
Old 03-08-2010, 08:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

No your not, I am sticking with it
I ran RC GT at our track this weekend, and with the boost turned off on the Tekins, the BMC is every bit as fast if not faster.
I do wish they would hurry up with the software update, but I still like the speedo
Old 03-08-2010, 11:08 PM
Tech Regular

Default Hi M8

Hi M8 you are not alone,been using the speedy since the start of the year,been learning a lot about the soft ware side.I use it in 1/12th 1s on a outdoor bitumen track and find the speedy very good for 8 minute racing .At present I am running Novak Ballistic 4.5 ,with only factory time,no speedy timing and the car was very good .Here is my 1/12th settings,nice soft bottom end ,and if you want more just move the average scale up but you need the software for this.

Scott Ballistic 4.5 Parks.txt

Remember to change the file extension txt to KPD if not the speedy soft ware will not load it.

Cya
Old 03-09-2010, 02:03 PM
Tech Rookie

hi , ive been using the ko speedo for about 2 months now . on big tracks with 10.5 mine is as fast as the tekins and gms in mode 5 and has more rip of the corners . ive tried to open up mode 6 but it still cant find the comm port !
Old 03-09-2010, 04:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

dont worry skinny, once i heal from surgery il be there with my ko in my wgt car ready to kick your butt. you have about 3-4 weeks
Old 03-09-2010, 07:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

LOL......Good one I ran some practice tonight.....of course and forgot my laptop. I ran the same profile I have been using in my 17.5 TC. It was pretty fast just could not seem to get the right gearing on it. I am only 4/10 behind the fastest thrown down but really consistant in the 9 flat range. With a shock oil and spring change got down to 8.8. pretty well. SOOOOO BRING IT BUFF. This was my 10r5 BTw

P.S. Hope all goes well with the procedure buddy seeeeee you soon.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:42 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by zoomster
Hi M8 you are not alone,been using the speedy since the start of the year,been learning a lot about the soft ware side.I use it in 1/12th 1s on a outdoor bitumen track and find the speedy very good for 8 minute racing .At present I am running Novak Ballistic 4.5 ,with only factory time,no speedy timing and the car was very good .Here is my 1/12th settings,nice soft bottom end ,and if you want more just move the average scale up but you need the software for this.

Attachment 565276

Remember to change the file extension txt to KPD if not the speedy soft ware will not load it.

Cya
Hey m8, I run the esc in my 1/12th on asphalt as well... I run a lrp X12 5.5 T.
I always ran the factory mod 12 setting, and never bothered trying curves...
What gearing and rollout do you use.

Cheers
Didier L
New zealand
Old 03-09-2010, 11:55 PM
Tech Regular

Hi ds400 with the Novak motor 4.5 turn i am running 41mm/rev,because the novak is already advanced 30deg even through it is reading 0deg on the motor sticker, I have changed the setting in the above profile so the speedy has no timing set on it.The factory standard settings have 2 on the timing scale.Now with the LRP 5.5 which I had used the week before, using the novak I ran 38mm/rev but the temp was a lot higher then the Novak,now this might have something to do with now running only factory timing on the motor,but I found the novak better suited to my track and driving style.That is what I like about the speedy you can set it to suit your style and track,if you can try my profile above.
Hi G Westwood how are you,I may be wrong but i thing mode 5 is as high as it gets in both stock motor management program,1.52 standard program,and you are right standard factory setting 5 is very punchy,I did race 10.5 for a few meetings and used the factory setting 3 ,but made a profile for the 10.5 but did not have a chance to try it out ,so if someone whats to have a try and tell me if i am on the right track here it is Scott Ballistic 10.5 Parks.txt
Remember to change the file over from text,and use model 2 .

cya
Old 03-10-2010, 10:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by redbones
I'm still keeping my KO. With equal skill levels, there is just no way any speedo can match the RS atm. For the time being, the KO is in my short course. There are RS drivers in off road short course, but it's not as dominating.
I have not seen this at all. The most common controller is the RS but the best in my opinion is the mamba pro. And if you are still racing mod then the KO feels the best. I just wish there was more explanation that came with the software. I am figuring it out but it is nowhere near as easy to understand as the others on the market.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Question for the KO staff

At what time can we expect a profile that can run with the RS pro 203 profile, alot of races are coming up I would like to hold out on buying a ESC and hardware to keep up with guys who I was on pace with, thanks in advance.

Last edited by dawgmeat; 03-12-2010 at 02:27 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.