Ko BMC Speedo

Old 08-03-2009, 08:22 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by MoonTrap
Hi..

I have the BMC v1.0 and use it mostly in low turn mod racing, the speedo works flawlessly. There is a couple of 17.5/13.5 races i would like to race, and wondered if i would be at a disadantage with the v1.0?, i see earlier in this thread before the v1.5 came out that people were having success with the v1.0 in 13.5/17.5.. It would be too much of a hassle to ship this speedo back for the v1.5 and the time it would take as well, just to race a couple of 13.5 races. Will one be slower with a v1.0 with timing 2 and the appropriate FDR?

Thanks Ya`All
Ive been runing the v1 speedo with the v1.5 profiles and the stockmotormanager software, with max timing set. No issues.

Im switching to a v1.5 sometime this week, im not sure what to expect as far as performance goes, speedo/motor peformance as already pretty good..

-Paul
Old 08-03-2009, 08:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

so the KO is a bad sum bitch... damn near pops the VTA tires with a 21.5 on it... in fracking credible....

Alex
Old 08-04-2009, 01:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by hound_dogs_01
so the KO is a bad sum bitch... damn near pops the VTA tires with a 21.5 on it... in fracking credible....

Alex
Hi Alex,
i remember that you opened a thread and finally decided to buy Tekin RS right? and now you switch to KO?
is it faster?
Old 08-04-2009, 01:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by black-knight
Ive been runing the v1 speedo with the v1.5 profiles and the stockmotormanager software, with max timing set. No issues.

Im switching to a v1.5 sometime this week, im not sure what to expect as far as performance goes, speedo/motor peformance as already pretty good..

-Paul
Paul,

The V1.5 allows the timing to go a lot higher than the V1.0, with a 10.5 it's almost like it should be illegal. I have never heard a 10.5 rev with as much guts, driving on the track it was like driving with a 7.5 or equivalent.

The brakes are also a lot better as well,
Old 08-04-2009, 09:32 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by krat
Hi Alex,
i remember that you opened a thread and finally decided to buy Tekin RS right? and now you switch to KO?
is it faster?

YES...the KO is faster. I race with alex and when he had his tekin I could run up behind him with no effort and bump him... and there wasnt much he could do about it. other than get out of my way. (im running running speed passion GT 2.0)

I have yet to see how I will measure up to his new KO ... but he ran yesterday and said it was insanely fast... enough to blow the vintage tires off the rim... i think those were his words.

i know others who have switched to the KO and have improved their lap times.
Old 08-04-2009, 09:53 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Alex
quoted for emphasis.
Old 08-04-2009, 06:14 PM
Tech Addict

Im impressed with the software that KO has that allows you to adjust your Servos the same way that you can adjust your speed control !!!!

I know this thread is for the speedos but Damn !!! I am going to buy the PC interface tomorrow and play with the speedo and Servo settings
Old 08-04-2009, 06:17 PM
Tech Addict

Hi Alex,
is it faster?
much faster than the Tekin... I am no longer smashing into the back of him at will anymore...
Old 08-04-2009, 06:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

How are you guys running the Novak motors in VTA? Max timing? 0? what FDR?

I have been fooling with the KO, but the Tekin guys have their stuff dialed in and are 4-5 car lengths faster on the straight. they also don't seem to fade as bad as I do.

I started with max timing on the motor, and once I got the gear in a better range, it was quite a bit better. i was advised to drop 3-4 teeth to start, due to the ESC timing. The next day at another track, it was no where near enough. I reduced the timing by 1/2 on the motor and went up 2 teeth, which was better, but still not enough. Plus the motor faded a bit in the main.

thanks
Old 08-04-2009, 06:33 PM
Tech Master

Hi Alex,
is it faster?

HELL YEAH... ask bluephi if that speed passion could touch it? AHHAHAHAHAHAHA as long as i can keep it off the walls... i'm hooked on KO now...

also the KO is just faster int he infield.... the GT2.0 couldnt gain or loose ground on me on the back stretch, but i could some what run away though the infield if i was a better driver...

Alex
Old 08-04-2009, 06:36 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by robk

I have been fooling with the KO, but the Tekin guys have their stuff dialed in and are 4-5 car lengths faster on the straight. they also don't seem to fade as bad as I do.

I started with max timing on the motor, and once I got the gear in a better range, it was quite a bit better. i was advised to drop 3-4 teeth to start, due to the ESC timing. The next day at another track, it was no where near enough. I reduced the timing by 1/2 on the motor and went up 2 teeth, which was better, but still not enough. Plus the motor faded a bit in the main.

thanks
model 5 lipo cut off timing on 6... its sinsanely fast... FDR of 4.2, the max for VTA... after 8 minutes i come off the track at 120F but i have that big ass LRP fan/heatsink...

remember the novak motors have 15degrees timing built into them out of th epackage...

also the KO is just faster int he infield.... the GT2.0 couldnt gain or loose ground on me on the back stretch, but i could some what run away though the infield if i was a better driver... and as for the tekin its slow compared to the KO...
Alex
Old 08-04-2009, 07:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by bluephi1914
YES...the KO is faster.
HELL YEAH... ask bluephi if that speed passion could touch it? AHHAHAHAHAHAHA as long as i can keep it off the walls... i'm hooked on KO now...
Alex
Nice!!
i just got my BMC last week and tested it at home just to make sure it is working. first i tested my GTB + novak 4.5r, then i hooked up that 4.5r to BMC...
WOW!! the sound of the motor was totally different..
then i switched to vortex 4.5r... SCARY!!
Old 08-04-2009, 07:35 PM
Tech Master

yeah the KO is WICKED

alex
Old 08-04-2009, 08:00 PM
Tech Addict

model 5 lipo cut off timing on 6... its sinsanely fast... FDR of 4.2, the max for VTA... after 8 minutes i come off the track at 120F but i have that big ass LRP fan/heatsink...

remember the novak motors have 15degrees timing built into them out of th epackage...

also the KO is just faster int he infield.... the GT2.0 couldnt gain or loose ground on me on the back stretch, but i could some what run away though the infield if i was a better driver... and as for the tekin its slow compared to the KO...
Alex

also the KO is just faster int he infield.... the GT2.0 couldnt gain or loose ground on me on the back stretch, but i could some what run away though the infield if i was a better driver...

Alex
yeah the KO is WICKED

alex

If the GT 2.0 Couldnt gain or loose then how is the KO faster ... and last I checked i was almost runnig you over in the in field and we were about even on the back stretch.... I was faster off the turns, faster on the take off... etc... etc...

We will settle this when I get a transponder or borrow Jims friday

Oh by the way alex, I cant wait to see how my new KO does tomorrow in my TC. . will chris be there i need him to fix this vintage body.
Old 08-04-2009, 08:03 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by robk

thanks
you dont have your KO setup right or something is seriously wrong if your getting left behind by 4-5 car lenghts. I was running Tekins down with my speedpassion.

Im at 4.20 FDR

but honestly speaking... The KO is blistering fast and I have one myself, despite me joking with alex about my speed passion...with any of the top speedos out there a good driver with any of them stands a good chance of winning. I think there might be some other issues going on if your getting lef that many car lenghts though.

Last edited by bluephi1914; 08-04-2009 at 08:15 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.