Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I cant figure out whats wrong. The usb driver isnt installing
*RC AMERICA*X-RAY*HUDY*KO PROPO*JACO*SMC*
*EA MOTORSPORTS*
Zdiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 07:12 PM   #887
Tech Adept

Default Brake Frequency

Hey guys I am trying to figure out the correct brake frequency for my 12th scale. I use 2.44 kHz as it is on the 12th profile on the ko website, but dont get enough brakes, then I tried some random frequency like 1.48 kHz I need to bring my transmitter brakes to 20% .. otherwise I spin out...

So when choosing a brake frequency should we choose one than allow us to keep 100% brake on our thansmitter or what?
How does that work.
Thanks
Didier
ds400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 11:28 PM   #888
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds400 View Post
Hey guys I am trying to figure out the correct brake frequency for my 12th scale. I use 2.44 kHz as it is on the 12th profile on the ko website, but dont get enough brakes, then I tried some random frequency like 1.48 kHz I need to bring my transmitter brakes to 20% .. otherwise I spin out...

So when choosing a brake frequency should we choose one than allow us to keep 100% brake on our thansmitter or what?
How does that work.
Thanks
Didier
In 1/12th I personally like turning up the frequency to smooth out the braking and then adjust my epa to control the locking up!
RC AMERICA, HUDY, XRAY, Nexus Racing, Desoto Racing, 301 Raceway(RIP). XRAY T4/NT1 coming for that #1 spot!! AKA-Melvin Aulston
Racer Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 11:31 AM   #889
Administrator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

guys hows it going

i have been running this speedo for over a year, when i got it i ran primarily onroad, so i just used the setup that drew ellis used at nats....that setup in my tc was dialed...never changed it....motor ran cool, plenty of spped to keep up with the tekin and lrp...

i have since swiched to running a sc 10 on a indoor carpet track, we are running on a small 60x 40 track, that has jumps and what not....we are also running 17.5 motors...(mine is a duo 2)

i tried drews setup, it was too soft, couldnt make the jumps,

i tried the goop setup, didnt work well either, motor got hot, even on low timing....

i went to the #5 stock 1.5 setup and it works well, i am on timing 3, motor set to 20 deg....motor runs at 170 ish after a 6 min race.....

the truck still seems to lack punch, compared to the others at my track, (mostly novak havok systems...)

i have geared all over the board, andget the same result....

is there anyplace to tell me how to set up the spedo??

i know about the timing, the drag brake, and the brake freq...

i am not clear on what type of curve would work on the drive freqs...

any help would be great...i have 2 of these speedos, i am seriously thinking of going to tekin simply because there is no info out there for this speedo..

thanskfor the help

UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot,nothing is going to get better. It's not. Dr. Seuss
Matt M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 11:42 AM   #890
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. losi View Post
guys hows it going

i have been running this speedo for over a year, when i got it i ran primarily onroad, so i just used the setup that drew ellis used at nats....that setup in my tc was dialed...never changed it....motor ran cool, plenty of spped to keep up with the tekin and lrp...

i have since swiched to running a sc 10 on a indoor carpet track, we are running on a small 60x 40 track, that has jumps and what not....we are also running 17.5 motors...(mine is a duo 2)

i tried drews setup, it was too soft, couldnt make the jumps,

i tried the goop setup, didnt work well either, motor got hot, even on low timing....

i went to the #5 stock 1.5 setup and it works well, i am on timing 3, motor set to 20 deg....motor runs at 170 ish after a 6 min race.....

the truck still seems to lack punch, compared to the others at my track, (mostly novak havok systems...)

i have geared all over the board, andget the same result....

is there anyplace to tell me how to set up the spedo??

i know about the timing, the drag brake, and the brake freq...

i am not clear on what type of curve would work on the drive freqs...

any help would be great...i have 2 of these speedos, i am seriously thinking of going to tekin simply because there is no info out there for this speedo..

thanskfor the help
If you want more punch just raise the entire curve up on the bar graph. The closer to the top of the graph you have your bars set the more punch you get.
Johnny Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 11:49 AM   #891
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

is there an new sofewear or well is it goin come out to make this speedo as fast at the Tekin with the new sofewear or the BD?
Old 01-03-2010, 12:17 PM   #892
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicko View Post
is there an new sofewear or well is it goin come out to make this speedo as fast at the Tekin with the new sofewear or the BD?
Its already in there.
Old 01-03-2010, 01:17 PM   #893
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone View Post
If you want more punch just raise the entire curve up on the bar graph. The closer to the top of the graph you have your bars set the more punch you get.
and to refresh my memory, more timing is more top end and less torque

UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot,nothing is going to get better. It's not. Dr. Seuss
Old 01-03-2010, 02:16 PM   #894
Tech Elite

Quote:
and to refresh my memory, more timing is more top end and less torque
Yes, BUT, don't get fooled into only thinking of it as timing via the sc only as its actually combined timing of your motor and sc. With that, sometimes 6 is beyond a workable timing application, so, it may be a matter of retarting motor timing, advancing sc timing and totally re-gearing the car. For example if your on a tight twisty track and you want more torque, retart the motor timing (before 0) drop 5 teeth on your motor and increase your sc timing, doing all this, but keeping the same profile (curve) will give the same trigger feel but will torquing out of the cars more. You may not "feel" it, but the lap times should reflect it.

If you where to break down all the adjustments that the KO has and compare it to the Tekin, everything is there, the hard part is making the application work the same or better.
Old 01-03-2010, 03:50 PM   #895
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone View Post
Yes, BUT, don't get fooled into only thinking of it as timing via the sc only as its actually combined timing of your motor and sc. With that, sometimes 6 is beyond a workable timing application, so, it may be a matter of retarting motor timing, advancing sc timing and totally re-gearing the car. For example if your on a tight twisty track and you want more torque, retart the motor timing (before 0) drop 5 teeth on your motor and increase your sc timing, doing all this, but keeping the same profile (curve) will give the same trigger feel but will torquing out of the cars more. You may not "feel" it, but the lap times should reflect it.

If you where to break down all the adjustments that the KO has and compare it to the Tekin, everything is there, the hard part is making the application work the same or better.

i agree, however someone needs to tell the end user what each change does...

i thank you for your insight.....and assistance....

Old 01-03-2010, 04:57 PM   #896
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

well where can I get the sofewear for it then J. Wishbone?
I have 2 bmc with the 1.5 in it aready and its no where as fast as the
New Tekin sofewear that came out this week
Old 01-03-2010, 05:23 PM   #897
Administrator

Quote:
the software is on the ko america website....

Old 01-03-2010, 07:09 PM   #898
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
+1
RC AMERICA, HUDY, XRAY, Nexus Racing, Desoto Racing, 301 Raceway(RIP). XRAY T4/NT1 coming for that #1 spot!! AKA-Melvin Aulston
Old 01-03-2010, 07:19 PM   #899
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
the software is on the ko america website....
Are you talking about the BMC Stock Motor Manager? If so its not as fast as the Tekin even on the highest timing setting! I got blown away by the Tekins yesterday and today! I heard the Black Diamond is even faster!
Old 01-03-2010, 08:21 PM   #900
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer Z View Post
Are you talking about the BMC Stock Motor Manager? If so its not as fast as the Tekin even on the highest timing setting! I got blown away by the Tekins yesterday and today! I heard the Black Diamond is even faster!

that is the program...

for sedan i simply use the profile drew ellis used for rubber sedan.....it has always kept up with the others for me....on a 65X40 track i geared my 009 at 7.8 ish.....

my problems are with my sct.....