R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-16-2009, 01:34 PM   #856
Tech Master
 
Dane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Texas Baby
Posts: 1,582
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Dane Send a message via Skype™ to Dane
Default

What is the operating voltage of the BMC? In other words, how much voltage does it supply to the receiver?

Thanks.
__________________
"the big secret is to keep practicing and never get discouraged when taking a good beating on the track" - Paul L

www.toycarracingblog.com
Dane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 07:07 PM   #857
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 904
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane View Post
What is the operating voltage of the BMC? In other words, how much voltage does it supply to the receiver?

Thanks.
Guess that would depend on how much you are supplying to it. The manual says 6v so if you have a 2s 7.4v pack, it should reduce it to 6v, but if you are running a 1s 3.7v, that's all you are going to get out. There is no built in booster. I'm running an add on booster in a 1s 1/12 scale with no issues.
SteveL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 07:11 AM   #858
Tech Master
 
fpart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,967
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fpart
Default

Any news on any upgrades to the software to compete with the new Advance and Castle speed controls? I love my KO but am now getting beat regularly by the Castle Mamba max Pros and the advance(that is now outlawed at my track)
__________________
teamTrinity.com Sweepracingusa.com
スクービーは私のヒーローです!
Why is Scooby so slow, you might ask?
fpart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 08:23 AM   #859
Administrator
 
Matt M.'s Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 8,410
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

also, any one have a profile for a short course truck??....i am using drews sedan setup now, we are running on a small(60x40) track, usually no straight......

also, running 17.5 or 13.5 motor

thanks
__________________
Team Losi Racing-Team Tekin-Proline Racing-Motiv-92zero Designs-Jim Neubert Paint Design-LiveRC.com-TFR-Team Dirt Heaven-Gravity RC-Trackside

UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot,nothing is going to get better. It's not. Dr. Seuss
Matt M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 12:04 PM   #860
Tech Master
 
TeamB&B's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,177
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcscoot25 View Post
Is there upgrades in the works to go up againts the BD????
+1 Information please.
__________________
RCAmerica / Sweep
TeamB&B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 12:11 PM   #861
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,305
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcscoot25 View Post
Is there upgrades in the works to go up againts the BD????
I don't think it's going to happen unless KO Japan sees a need for it on their own soil.
redbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 05:02 PM   #862
Tech Fanatic
 
tpczx6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Fremont CA
Posts: 845
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpart View Post
Any news on any upgrades to the software to compete with the new Advance and Castle speed controls? I love my KO but am now getting beat regularly by the Castle Mamba max Pros and the advance(that is now outlawed at my track)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamB&B View Post
+1 Information please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbones View Post
I don't think it's going to happen unless KO Japan sees a need for it on their own soil.
KO Japan has been testing some 1s setups. Robert was overseas awhile back and they know of the BD and Castle esc. hope to see some new profiles soon I been trying many profiles and getting very close now to spx and tekin setups. I place 3rd in WGT with my BMC at IIC this year and have made headway snice then. What I learned snice the IIC I would of done better at IIC. I will be sending me setups to Robert ASAP after the 1st off the year.
__________________
RcAmerica--Xray---Hudy----KO PROPO USA---ORCA---GRAVITY RC
Motiv------Apexrc----- AVID
SWEEP Racing USA
Mike's Hobbyshop in Dallas (RIP)
Nor-Cal Hobbies [The Race Place]
tpczx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 05:08 PM   #863
Tech Fanatic
 
tpczx6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Fremont CA
Posts: 845
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane View Post
What is the operating voltage of the BMC? In other words, how much voltage does it supply to the receiver?

Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
Guess that would depend on how much you are supplying to it. The manual says 6v so if you have a 2s 7.4v pack, it should reduce it to 6v, but if you are running a 1s 3.7v, that's all you are going to get out. There is no built in booster. I'm running an add on booster in a 1s 1/12 scale with no issues.
If you are running ALL KO eq (servo reciver,BMC) you can run a 2s lipo reciver pack without any isuse just plug straght into reciver and remove the red wire from the BMC. I been doing it in both WGT and 1/12th scale.
__________________
RcAmerica--Xray---Hudy----KO PROPO USA---ORCA---GRAVITY RC
Motiv------Apexrc----- AVID
SWEEP Racing USA
Mike's Hobbyshop in Dallas (RIP)
Nor-Cal Hobbies [The Race Place]
tpczx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 08:37 PM   #864
Tech Adept
 
RFALLON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hiram
Posts: 180
Send a message via AIM to RFALLON
Default Cooling Fan

I just installed a BMC with a cooling fan on it. When I turn on the car, my fan is SUPER loud!!!! I checked to make sure nothing was hitting and nothing is. Is this normal?

Thanks
__________________
XRAY T2'009
Nexus Racing
KO PROPO
Novak
JR racing
RFALLON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 09:18 PM   #865
Tech Addict
 
mdwaeracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Denver
Posts: 686
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Red wire from BMC to where?

Last edited by mdwaeracer; 12-27-2009 at 12:45 PM.
mdwaeracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 03:46 AM   #866
Tech Lord
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,919
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFALLON View Post
I just installed a BMC with a cooling fan on it. When I turn on the car, my fan is SUPER loud!!!! I checked to make sure nothing was hitting and nothing is. Is this normal?

Thanks
it just moves a lot of air. both of my BMCs have fans that are equally loud. very normal.
__________________
Hebiki Design Works
Custom R/C Vinyl Graphics & Apparel: Your gear, your way!
Web Design - Web Development - Logo Design - Graphic Design
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 11:58 AM   #867
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,305
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpczx6 View Post
KO Japan has been testing some 1s setups. Robert was overseas awhile back and they know of the BD and Castle esc. hope to see some new profiles soon I been trying many profiles and getting very close now to spx and tekin setups. I place 3rd in WGT with my BMC at IIC this year and have made headway snice then. What I learned snice the IIC I would of done better at IIC. I will be sending me setups to Robert ASAP after the 1st off the year.
Good thing to know they are working on it. Hope they also upgrade the 2s side too. Have to admit that I dropped .1-.2 sec when I borrowed my friends RS. Just funny how I need to gear the Tekin to about 5.0 but need to gear the KO at 3.5 to get similar speeds. The tuning approach is completely different between the two. But I am still a KO fan, and I hope they can get out a solid firmware soon.
redbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 04:11 PM   #868
Tech Fanatic
 
tpczx6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Fremont CA
Posts: 845
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdwaeracer View Post
Red wire from BMC to where?
Red wire going to reciver
__________________
RcAmerica--Xray---Hudy----KO PROPO USA---ORCA---GRAVITY RC
Motiv------Apexrc----- AVID
SWEEP Racing USA
Mike's Hobbyshop in Dallas (RIP)
Nor-Cal Hobbies [The Race Place]
tpczx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 09:19 AM   #869
Tech Champion
 
Scottrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Billings, MT
Posts: 6,212
Trader Rating: 245 (100%+)
Default

Hi Tim!!

Hey Robert, some clarification please. My understanding was that the Orion Vortex isn't serviced by (or updated by) KO-USA. Now someone is telling me that they are/can be. Which is the case.

Many thanks,

Scottrik
__________________
Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we can identify their corporate sponsors.

THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE TELEVISED -Gil Scott-Heron (1949-2011)
Scottrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 09:26 AM   #870
Tech Fanatic
 
buffalobill989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: broken arrow, ok
Posts: 754
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottrik View Post
Hi Tim!!

Hey Robert, some clarification please. My understanding was that the Orion Vortex isn't serviced by (or updated by) KO-USA. Now someone is telling me that they are/can be. Which is the case.

Many thanks,

Scottrik
i got my orion updated from robert. very nice guy. alwways there to help me out
buffalobill989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tekin RS ESC sensored Jeff Cuffs Electric On-Road 23359 10-02-2016 06:57 AM
best esc for touring car devin4444 Electric On-Road 48 05-02-2016 10:01 AM
Foam tire spec chassi!! Team_Elli Electric On-Road 15 07-28-2009 07:26 AM
KO BMC vs SP GT2.0 vs LRP SXX krat Electric On-Road 36 07-11-2009 07:18 PM
Orion Vortex BL Race ESC dr_hfuhuhurr Radio and Electronics 29 03-02-2009 07:46 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:38 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net