R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-24-2009, 10:17 PM   #736
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

^^^ Yes, they are the exact same ESC. Just be sure that your ESC has been updated to 1.5.
IIGQ4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 10:22 PM   #737
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by obi wun View Post
when running 13.5 and 17.5 TC..what frequency setting and automatic brake settings are being used...i am running a Trinity duo 2 motor...
I like a little more brakes than most so I'll start with 100 to 110 auto brake and .882 brake freq. and lower it depending on how tight the track is. The higher the auto brake is like drag or coast brake and the lower the brake freq is when applying brake with the transmitter.

I forgot to mention that it also has to do with how strong a rotor you have in your motor. I had one that required a lot more brakes than any of my other motors, when I checked the strength of the rotor it was definately lower than any of the others.

Last edited by Johnny Wishbone; 09-25-2009 at 11:49 AM. Reason: more info
Johnny Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 10:36 PM   #738
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottrik View Post
What Netbooks are folks using at the track for their BMC setting work? I saw that Hebiki and Robert are using something--what is it? Couldn't tell from the pic.

I'm not "into" this type of thing at all--what seems to be the hot ticket out there right now in terms of price and reliability?

Thanks,

Scottrik
Robert and I both use an ASUS Eee pc 1000 its a 10inch screen and works great for what we do with ESC its has a one touch screen size as some of the other netbooks you need to go into the BIos to change screen size.
the reason we need screen size is the bmc software like a screen size thats a little off then most other software.
Mike's Hobbyshop in Dallas (RIP)
Nor-Cal Hobbies [The Race Place]
tpczx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 02:50 AM   #739
Tech Adept

Default KO BMC 1/12TH MOD PROFILE

Hi everyone, got some qwuestions on the software...
Is the profile on the ko website for 1/12th mod good? Has someone tested it ?
To make the trottle smoother must I use higher or lower frequency?

I run a 4.5T team orion and would like the smoothest trottle start and a good kick at 3/4 trottle... any comments please
Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Ko BMC Speedo-ko-prog.jpg  
ds400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 06:27 AM   #740
Tech Fanatic

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone View Post
I like a little more brakes than most so I'll start with 100 to 110 auto brake and .882 brake freq. and lower it depending on how tight the track is. The higher the auto brake is like drag or coast brake and the lower the brake freq is when applying brake with the transmitter.

I forgot to mention that it also has to do with how strong a rotor you have in your motor. I had one that required a lot more brakes than any of my other motors, when I checked the strength of the rotor it was definately lower than any of the others.
Could you post a picture of how your profile looks? I know the factory ones start low and if you look at Drew Ellis's profile it starts in the middle. I am wanting to see another one to compare if you don't mind. Thanks
Old 09-29-2009, 08:32 AM   #741
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpczx6 View Post
Robert and I both use an ASUS Eee pc 1000 its a 10inch screen and works great for what we do with ESC its has a one touch screen size as some of the other netbooks you need to go into the BIos to change screen size.
the reason we need screen size is the bmc software like a screen size thats a little off then most other software.
I got one the acer from walmart. 300 not a bad price. was very easy to set and everything worked wonderfully. just have to use a flash drive to load anything but no big deal
buffalobill989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 11:17 AM   #742
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidsid99 View Post
Could you post a picture of how your profile looks? I know the factory ones start low and if you look at Drew Ellis's profile it starts in the middle. I am wanting to see another one to compare if you don't mind. Thanks
I can't post it at the moment, but I can tell you that it looks the same as Drews, starting in the middle and then going lower towards the end, its sort of backwards to what you would think a progressive throttle curve should look like but Robert explained that it actually is better for TC as it gives you the intial punch that you would want for out of the corner feel and then as it goes lower in frequency from about the middle of the graph to the end, this is where the the mid range makes it more driveable, less punch, and then at the end is where it allows the boost to kick in. If you want more initial punch you would just start the curve higher up, or lower it if you find it too punchy. I always used to do the nice low to high graph and could never really get the punch I was looking for and could never feel the boost kick in, but when I went to this profile everything started to work like it was suppose to feel like in a TC. Also note that where you set the boost is sort of where you want it to kick in on the track, 5 seems to work better than 6, I'm thinking 6 would be used for a really long straight, probably 100 ft or more, the trick is to back off the boost a little and then re-gear for the track so that it kicks in at about 3/4 track. When we first played with that it was like the boost was kicking in about 2 feet before you had to nail the brakes really hard or over shoot the corner.
Hope some of that helps you out.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:27 AM   #743
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds400 View Post
Hi everyone, got some qwuestions on the software...
Is the profile on the ko website for 1/12th mod good? Has someone tested it ?
To make the trottle smoother must I use higher or lower frequency?

I run a 4.5T team orion and would like the smoothest trottle start and a good kick at 3/4 trottle... any comments please
Cheers
I don't run 1/12th, but see my last post for TC. I would try to make the curve look more like a 1 camel hump. For smooth feel you want to start at a low number like one, the higher that number is the more the punch comes up, (using the graph scale of 1 to 52). So if you start with one and then by mid range, or the high of the hump, gives you the harder accelearation tapering off to the boost part of the curve, or the last 1/3 rd of the graph. Of course I'm purely speculating on this and you may end up closer to what is posted, but I'd try the hump first.
Old 09-30-2009, 10:18 PM   #744
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to more$thanbrains

has anyone been running the BMC with 1S LiPo?
more$thanbrains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 11:36 PM   #745
bl4
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi is this same as the Orion Vortex ESC?
bl4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 02:12 AM   #746
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl4 View Post
Hi is this same as the Orion Vortex ESC?
Quote:
Originally Posted by radio_car_racer View Post
does this software work for with the Orion Vortex Race ESC which is made by KO for Orion?
Quote:
Originally Posted by IIGQ4U View Post
^^^ Yes, they are the exact same ESC. Just be sure that your ESC has been updated to 1.5.
adam lancia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 03:10 AM   #747
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default ver 1 or ver 1.5

hi just bouht an vfs second hand can i update this to 1.5 by downloading software.
tradesmantrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 03:29 AM   #748
bl4
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Thks for the info. Can Top Racing Products 0.15F Touring Car Super Capacitor (7.2V/7.4V) [TRP-PE-SC015F] fix on to this ESC?
bl4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 06:50 AM   #749
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tradesmantrev View Post
hi just bouht an vfs second hand can i update this to 1.5 by downloading software.
no you need to send it to robert @ ko america. great guy just got mine back.
send him an email @ [email protected] he'll tell you what to do.
buffalobill989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 06:59 AM   #750
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tradesmantrev View Post
u can only update it by sending it back to KO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl4 View Post
Thks for the info. Can Top Racing Products 0.15F Touring Car Super Capacitor (7.2V/7.4V) [TRP-PE-SC015F] fix on to this ESC?
yes... just remember to discharge the CAP after run... simply switch on the esc while battery not connected... u'll be amaze the esc fan will still run for a few seconds...