R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-04-2009, 11:44 PM   #646
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluephi1914 View Post
If the GT 2.0 Couldnt gain or loose then how is the KO faster ... and last I checked i was almost runnig you over in the in field and we were about even on the back stretch.... I was faster off the turns, faster on the take off... etc... etc...

We will settle this when I get a transponder or borrow Jims friday

Oh by the way alex, I cant wait to see how my new KO does tomorrow in my TC. . will chris be there i need him to fix this vintage body.

HEY!!!! I get to talk smack for now I got the track record in VTA!!!

you were only running me over because I cant hold the thing straight..... Thats what power does, makes things a little squirrelly... We were only even on the back stretch cause i geared down its ok we all know i suck when it counts.... thats on race day

You know when you bumped me on the back stretch when I had the tekin was the deciding factor for me to get the KO... I'll be damned if someone does that to me.... your VTA was the only reason I got it...

till the tires get warm its like driving a 500hp muscle car on a sheet of ice with drag slicks lol

um I'm not sure he should be... Even if he just drops by... The dude is bad ass on cutting/painting bodies.... He'll for sure be there friday... I'm thinking of doing a new body for friday... I cant decied... Mabe silver and blue actually painted stripes.... or find some flat black and do an old scooled sleeper in primerd black...

Oh and I turned my droop screw like a quarter of a turn back out(give a little more droop) and that solved my traction rolling problem.. Thanks for the rear sway bar/traction compound tips...

see yah later on today Sean

Alex
hound_dogs_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 12:33 AM   #647
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by B4james View Post
Paul,

The V1.5 allows the timing to go a lot higher than the V1.0, with a 10.5 it's almost like it should be illegal. I have never heard a 10.5 rev with as much guts, driving on the track it was like driving with a 7.5 or equivalent.

The brakes are also a lot better as well,
Im taking this friday off just for a track day, so ill get back with some details after the test.
Old 08-05-2009, 03:10 AM   #648
Tech Addict

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hound_dogs_01 View Post
HEY!!!! I get to talk smack for now I got the track record in VTA!!!

you were only running me over because I cant hold the thing straight..... Thats what power does, makes things a little squirrelly... We were only even on the back stretch cause i geared down its ok we all know i suck when it counts.... thats on race day

You know when you bumped me on the back stretch when I had the tekin was the deciding factor for me to get the KO... I'll be damned if someone does that to me.... your VTA was the only reason I got it...

till the tires get warm its like driving a 500hp muscle car on a sheet of ice with drag slicks lol

um I'm not sure he should be... Even if he just drops by... The dude is bad ass on cutting/painting bodies.... He'll for sure be there friday... I'm thinking of doing a new body for friday... I cant decied... Mabe silver and blue actually painted stripes.... or find some flat black and do an old scooled sleeper in primerd black...

Oh and I turned my droop screw like a quarter of a turn back out(give a little more droop) and that solved my traction rolling problem.. Thanks for the rear sway bar/traction compound tips...

see yah later on today Sean

Alex

yes you do hold the record so i remain humble on that point.

i will bring my bodies anyway and he might possibly be there tonight.

** Team Xray - Team Novak - Proline - Sorex - KO Propo - Team Trinity **
bluephi1914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 08:27 AM   #649
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

lets keep this on topic guys....meaning questions and answers about the ko bmc 1.0 or 1.5

UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot,nothing is going to get better. It's not. Dr. Seuss
Matt M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 12:14 PM   #650
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. losi View Post
lets keep this on topic guys....meaning questions and answers about the ko bmc 1.0 or 1.5
AY AY CAPTIN!

im my opinion if you havent ran a KO BMC 1.5 your truely cheating your self...

Alex
Old 08-05-2009, 12:52 PM   #651
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Well, e-mailed Japan yesterday and got a reply from them, it costs 3000 yen to upgrade to v1.5. not too bad considering it's inclusive courier fees (return)!!
jonest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 02:00 PM   #652
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
you dont have your KO setup right or something is seriously wrong if your getting left behind by 4-5 car lenghts. I was running Tekins down with my speedpassion.

Im at 4.20 FDR

but honestly speaking... The KO is blistering fast and I have one myself, despite me joking with alex about my speed passion...with any of the top speedos out there a good driver with any of them stands a good chance of winning. I think there might be some other issues going on if your getting lef that many car lenghts though.
Hmmm, Goop from this thread set my ESC up for me with his settings. 4.2 fdr is setting the motor on fire...is the timing ring moved all the way counter clock wise on your motor, or fully clockwise? inbetween?

Also, are the people you are racing using the latest Tekin software? This makes a huge difference.

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 08:29 PM   #653
Tech Addict

Quote:
np

Old 08-05-2009, 08:34 PM   #654
Tech Addict

Quote:
I just purchased the ICS usb adapter for my 1.5 .

what software do i need to be able to load the drew ellis profile and to maximize my ESC. I see several versions of the VFS software.

stock motor manager, v 1.2, 1.1, 2.2 , etc. Theres really alot of different profiles and i just need the top one.

Old 08-05-2009, 09:48 PM   #655
Tech Master

Quote:
I just purchased the ICS usb adapter for my 1.5 .

what software do i need to be able to load the drew ellis profile and to maximize my ESC. I see several versions of the VFS software.

stock motor manager, v 1.2, 1.1, 2.2 , etc. Theres really alot of different profiles and i just need the top one.

its the one on the bottom of the left hand colum big sean

i just cant get enough of driving this KO its killer!!!!

Alex
Old 08-05-2009, 10:15 PM   #656
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robk View Post
How are you guys running the Novak motors in VTA? Max timing? 0? what FDR?

I have been fooling with the KO, but the Tekin guys have their stuff dialed in and are 4-5 car lengths faster on the straight. they also don't seem to fade as bad as I do.

I started with max timing on the motor, and once I got the gear in a better range, it was quite a bit better. i was advised to drop 3-4 teeth to start, due to the ESC timing. The next day at another track, it was no where near enough. I reduced the timing by 1/2 on the motor and went up 2 teeth, which was better, but still not enough. Plus the motor faded a bit in the main.

thanks
TEAM NEXUS will have your answer...when I talked to Melvin at BTH 09 he was running 4.2 fdr w/ the KO..and Justin was running around 4.8 fdr with the SPX on Profile 8! and he was still faster...he has the hook-up on the KO and VTA...I ran Spx on 7 at 4.2fdr and wasnt even close except in the in-field
thats the only reason I qual 3rd....check with Nexus...I think they are running them in everything now...17.5,13.5's and all
1172 Park Ave, Murfreesboro, TN 37129
DARKSIDE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 10:33 PM   #657
Tech Master

ok on the ICS software the lower the frequency the more torgue or top end? or the higher the frequency the higher the top end the less punch...

Alex
Old 08-06-2009, 03:46 AM   #658
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKSIDE View Post
TEAM NEXUS will have your answer...when I talked to Melvin at BTH 09 he was running 4.2 fdr w/ the KO..and Justin was running around 4.8 fdr with the SPX on Profile 8! and he was still faster...he has the hook-up on the KO and VTA...I ran Spx on 7 at 4.2fdr and wasnt even close except in the in-field
thats the only reason I qual 3rd....check with Nexus...I think they are running them in everything now...17.5,13.5's and all
Yep.. your right Darkside... Melvin at nexus has his 21.5 vta and KO Speedo running like a 13.5 TC .

He can get you right on KO setup or the gearing or whatever else might be wrong. Ive seen Ko's in 13.5, 21.5 etc, etc.

Old 08-06-2009, 03:58 AM   #659
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hound_dogs_01 View Post
its the one on the bottom of the left hand colum big sean

i just cant get enough of driving this KO its killer!!!!

Alex
you mean the one labled "VFS-1 BMC Stock Motor Manager Download "

I thought that there was one called the stock spec.. or something to that effect.

Old 08-06-2009, 09:34 AM   #660
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Yep.. your right Darkside... Melvin at nexus has his 21.5 vta and KO Speedo running like a 13.5 TC .

He can get you right on KO setup or the gearing or whatever else might be wrong. Ive seen Ko's in 13.5, 21.5 etc, etc.
yeah when he came here for one of our points races...it took all I had just to stay on the same lap....and we had got to the point that we were running a "tik" slower than 17.5 tcr cars on asphalt (which is totally wrong for this class, VTA)...but the KO is a BA and given the SPX is too, but whatever he is doing to that thing its un-real....and FAST!
1172 Park Ave, Murfreesboro, TN 37129
DARKSIDE is online now   Reply With Quote