R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-28-2009, 03:23 AM   #481
Tech Adept
 
ds400's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 106
Default Ko speedo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halloween View Post
Oke, the couple of day's i have tested several (22 in total!!!) profiles i made by myself on the BMC stock manager (and collected from you guy's -many thanks again-) on my speedo and i was a little confused....

First some facts:

The first day i had a 13.5T LRP brushless with 205watt and 3200kv and the gearratio was 4.13. The speed difference between the profiles was between the 62 and 68 km/u.
The second day i drove with a hacker 13.5T with 290watt and 2750kv, gearratio 3.75 and the speed was almost the same. Between 65 an 69,6 km/u.

Well, that is logic you could say. Yes it is, but the temp with the hacker was lower (<70deg C). So i could go even futher with a lower ratio. I didn't because i had't any lower...

But even then, guy's with a spx and the same 13.5T killed me on the straight end with above the 70 km/h (74)

I know, it is not only the top of speed, but with a lenght of more then 70 mtrs it is a matter of winning of losing....

I thought you could notice more difference between the profile's. I have tested them all, from progressive to aggresive to liniar with a low/mid/high khz, to whatever. The only thing i did't tested is a profile with a curve in the middle of drivefreq. because in my opinion that make no sence.
There is (too) litle difference between the speed, see above, but i def could feel the dif between the punch. At the lowest khz level (near 52) it's way too much. You must be so careyful with the finger on the trothle. And at the highest (near 1) he is almost too smooth. The difference in speed between the liniar profile at the lowest and the highest khz is only two km/u

Maybe, i miss something.

For example;
*The speedo without the usb programe has 5 profile's. Does the software overrule this profile's? Ore must you set the speedo to a special profile that he can read the software?

*Must you programe the speedo to the same model as the model in the softwareprograme? For example; When you programe model 5 on the speedo, he could only read the model 5 in the software.

*Does the drivefreq 1 till 32 not be the thrigger position but the rpm of the motor? It make more sence to it, because you can easely drive full speed on the thrigger though a high speed corner but the engine could not produce the mount of rpm and then you need the torque again. So when you drive with a profile wich has a first sector of low khz (high torque) and at the end high khz (high speed) and you go full speed though a corner he loss a lot of speed because there is't any torque left. But you need this profile with the high khz at the end of it to have a lot of speed at the straight...

So Hebiki, i think you are right about the profile you recommended me. But even then i miss the endspeed comparing the SPX stockspec.

Can anyone telling me what i do wrong ore is there not more speed in this speedo?

PS sorry if i wrote somewhere not correct english

Halewijn
The speed can't be discussed... ok you were running same motor... forget about speedo... What out tyres... rollout out. Maybe he had a bigger rollout than you... better batteries... etc.
You did that much testing 22 you said did you check you tyres... less rollout compare to the Spx car..
Thanks
ds400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 03:29 AM   #482
Tech Adept
 
ds400's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 106
Default Ko speedo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds400 View Post
The speed can't be discussed... ok you were running same motor... forget about speedo... What out tyres... rollout out. Maybe he had a bigger rollout than you... better batteries... etc.
You did that much testing 22 you said did you check you tyres... less rollout compare to the Spx car..
Thanks
Me again, what about you transmitter profiles... did you put it on neutral [factory setting, neutral setting] before resetting the esc?
What about your highpoint etc.

To be honest if you say 70mts... there is something very wrong in your electronic or car setup.
I am sure he had a bigger rollout than you, or you transmitter wasnt set properly.
And what spur and pinion where you running.. Same gearing [ bigger super = higher top speed]

"The first day i had a 13.5T LRP brushless with 205watt and 3200kv and the gearratio was 4.13. The speed difference between the profiles was between the 62 and 68 km/u.
The second day i drove with a hacker 13.5T with 290watt and 2750kv, gearratio 3.75 and the speed was almost the same. Between 65 an 69,6 km/u. "

May be your end point was limited to that speed or high point
ds400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 05:02 AM   #483
Tech Elite
 
B4james's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,162
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halloween View Post
After a 10 min run with a high torque/punch profile it was 70 deg C. That's 160deg F. With less torque it was less. Around the 60 deg C. The timing was 6 on the speedo. At the motor is it the fabric timing. Other it is't legal...

Halewijn
How long are your races ?
__________________
Follow me on Facebook - James Ainslie Designs or on Instagram - JA_Designs

*HEI International for Protoform/Proline/Spaz Stix
*Bitty Design Australia for Bodies and Liquid Mask
* Airbrushmegastore.com for all paint and airbrush supplies
B4james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 01:07 PM   #484
Tech Initiate
 
Halloween's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Holland
Posts: 43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds400 View Post
The speed can't be discussed... ok you were running same motor... forget about speedo... What out tyres... rollout out. Maybe he had a bigger rollout than you... better batteries... etc.
You did that much testing 22 you said did you check you tyres... less rollout compare to the Spx car..
Thanks
Maybe your right and is't the speedo but something else.
We rode with the same tyres the VTEC 30R and so with the same rollout 65mm... Better batteries....? I drove with de IP 5000 40C. One of the best...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds400 View Post
Me again, what about you transmitter profiles... did you put it on neutral [factory setting, neutral setting] before resetting the esc?
What about your highpoint etc.

To be honest if you say 70mts... there is something very wrong in your electronic or car setup.
I am sure he had a bigger rollout than you, or you transmitter wasnt set properly.
And what spur and pinion where you running.. Same gearing [ bigger super = higher top speed]

"The first day i had a 13.5T LRP brushless with 205watt and 3200kv and the gearratio was 4.13. The speed difference between the profiles was between the 62 and 68 km/u.
The second day i drove with a hacker 13.5T with 290watt and 2750kv, gearratio 3.75 and the speed was almost the same. Between 65 an 69,6 km/u. "

May be your end point was limited to that speed or high point
The transmitter profile is the same as i had with the LRP TC. Make that the difference? Must i resetted it before i used the Ko esc?
How can i limit the end point? On the transmitter ore in the esc?
And what do you mean with the highpoint? I can't find the right translation of that.

The gearing was almost the same but with the hacker i could turn the gearing down. I will try that next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B4james View Post
How long are your races ?
In testing the profiles 5 minutes, in practise 10 minutes, in races 5 minutes.

Halewijn
Halloween is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 03:20 PM   #485
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: downunder
Posts: 814
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

If you can gear the Hacker motor up run it.
The SPX is fast on the top end so the 70m straight is good for it, however they do have poor torque so gear up and the KO it will pull even harder.
If the track is very free flowing the SPX will work well but there is no reason the KO will not work better.
What profile did you end up using?
bjspinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 07:19 PM   #486
Tech Elite
 
B4james's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,162
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halloween View Post
After a 10 min run with a high torque/punch profile it was 70 deg C. That's 160deg F. With less torque it was less. Around the 60 deg C. The timing was 6 on the speedo. At the motor is it the fabric timing. Other it is't legal...

Halewijn
The reason I asked about race time is that in your post above you mention the temp at 160 deg F at 10 minutes.

You should be simulating your race times of 5 minutes in practice and temping at 5 minutes. You will find that your motor will be much much cooler at 5 minutes than at 10.

You will find that you could probably gear up a tooth or two, maybe more due to this with the motor being potentially cooler due to 5 minute run. Also are you running a fan at all, I find this makes a big difference and allows me to gear up a little.
__________________
Follow me on Facebook - James Ainslie Designs or on Instagram - JA_Designs

*HEI International for Protoform/Proline/Spaz Stix
*Bitty Design Australia for Bodies and Liquid Mask
* Airbrushmegastore.com for all paint and airbrush supplies
B4james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 09:44 AM   #487
Tech Lord
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,919
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halloween View Post
Oke, the couple of day's i have tested several (22 in total!!!) profiles i made by myself on the BMC stock manager (and collected from you guy's -many thanks again-) on my speedo and i was a little confused....

First some facts:

The first day i had a 13.5T LRP brushless with 205watt and 3200kv and the gearratio was 4.13. The speed difference between the profiles was between the 62 and 68 km/u.
The second day i drove with a hacker 13.5T with 290watt and 2750kv, gearratio 3.75 and the speed was almost the same. Between 65 an 69,6 km/u.

Well, that is logic you could say. Yes it is, but the temp with the hacker was lower (<70deg C). So i could go even futher with a lower ratio. I didn't because i had't any lower...

But even then, guy's with a spx and the same 13.5T killed me on the straight end with above the 70 km/h (74)

I know, it is not only the top of speed, but with a lenght of more then 70 mtrs it is a matter of winning of losing....

I thought you could notice more difference between the profile's. I have tested them all, from progressive to aggresive to liniar with a low/mid/high khz, to whatever. The only thing i did't tested is a profile with a curve in the middle of drivefreq. because in my opinion that make no sence.
There is (too) litle difference between the speed, see above, but i def could feel the dif between the punch. At the lowest khz level (near 52) it's way too much. You must be so careyful with the finger on the trothle. And at the highest (near 1) he is almost too smooth. The difference in speed between the liniar profile at the lowest and the highest khz is only two km/u

Maybe, i miss something.

For example;
*The speedo without the usb programe has 5 profile's. Does the software overrule this profile's? Ore must you set the speedo to a special profile that he can read the software?

*Must you programe the speedo to the same model as the model in the softwareprograme? For example; When you programe model 5 on the speedo, he could only read the model 5 in the software.

*Does the drivefreq 1 till 32 not be the thrigger position but the rpm of the motor? It make more sence to it, because you can easely drive full speed on the thrigger though a high speed corner but the engine could not produce the mount of rpm and then you need the torque again. So when you drive with a profile wich has a first sector of low khz (high torque) and at the end high khz (high speed) and you go full speed though a corner he loss a lot of speed because there is't any torque left. But you need this profile with the high khz at the end of it to have a lot of speed at the straight...

So Hebiki, i think you are right about the profile you recommended me. But even then i miss the endspeed comparing the SPX stockspec.

Can anyone telling me what i do wrong ore is there not more speed in this speedo?

PS sorry if i wrote somewhere not correct english

Halewijn
Hale,

to answer your questions..

"*The speedo without the usb programe has 5 profile's. Does the software overrule this profile's? Ore must you set the speedo to a special profile that he can read the software? "

once you write from the software to esc.. it will overwrite depending on what you do. if you just do a "write".. it will only write over the existing profile you have selected. if you do a "write all". all 5 profiles will be overwritten.

*Must you programe the speedo to the same model as the model in the softwareprograme? For example; When you programe model 5 on the speedo, he could only read the model 5 in the software.

if you have model 5 selected on the software.. customize it.. and click on "write". it will overwrite model 5. same answer as above.

*Does the drivefreq 1 till 32 not be the thrigger position but the rpm of the motor? It make more sence to it, because you can easely drive full speed on the thrigger though a high speed corner but the engine could not produce the mount of rpm and then you need the torque again. So when you drive with a profile wich has a first sector of low khz (high torque) and at the end high khz (high speed) and you go full speed though a corner he loss a lot of speed because there is't any torque left. But you need this profile with the high khz at the end of it to have a lot of speed at the straight...

this is incorrect. like Robert posted.. "1" is the right when you pull the trigger. "16" is half way..and "32" is the full throttle on the trigger.

try everyone else's advice above... temp your motors for a 5 min run.. not 10 i temp'ed my motors at 9 mins because i knew my race would be for 8.
__________________
Hebiki Design Works
Custom R/C Vinyl Graphics & Apparel: Your gear, your way!
Web Design - Web Development - Logo Design - Graphic Design
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 11:04 AM   #488
Tech Elite
 
Glowster21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 3,493
Trader Rating: 116 (100%+)
Default

I have a question regarding the programming. I have the software, connector, computer cable, and the handheld programmer for the KO brushed speed controls. Will these work with the new brushless units or do I have to get all new stuff?
Sorry, I was trying to save from reading through every post to get the answer
Glowster21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 11:09 AM   #489
Tech Elite
 
theisgroup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 3,191
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

the handheld does not. but the pc interface does
__________________
yang lai

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
theisgroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 12:47 PM   #490
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: World Wide Westside!
Posts: 1,209
Default

Just download the software and you can use your PC interface that you currently have.
KO PROPO Staff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 01:12 PM   #491
Tech Initiate
 
Halloween's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Holland
Posts: 43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebiki View Post
try everyone else's advice above... temp your motors for a 5 min run.. not 10 i temp'ed my motors at 9 mins because i knew my race would be for 8.
Okay, i will.

This will be the setup i'll try this week and i think it will be may last:

I notice that when i copy the .kpd file to a .txt file that it change it to a other profile Maybe explain that why i saw strange setup's. Did't you guy's notice it? Please try it. Ore perhaps i do something wrong.

So i do it the easy way. i'll only tell you the drive freq because all the other things are personal preference.

The drivefreq schema is compound in 4 sectors: 1 till 8, 9 till 16 etc, etc.

1 till 8 is cunning from 1 to 25. in equal steps.
Your engine is buidling the power (torque) up so your car does't slip (thanks to Robert) and you wil save your outdrives cups with this (thanks to Kees -a friend of my-).

9 till 24 will be 25. Liniar because you must have the torque for the cornerspeed (thanks to Hebiki).

25 till 32 is the same as 1 till 8 but then the opposite for the the maximum endspeed.

You can change the mid sector to any low/high khz you want, depand on how much torque you need for the engine and track your driving.

I don't know if this setup is the ONE, but i hope it will do for my track...

Ps below you find the profile after changing it to a txt file. It is the same as explained above... But then different for some reason. All the freq are in a higer range

MDL5_FRQ1=12 (must be 1)
MDL5_FRQ2=14 (must be 4)
MDL5_FRQ3=16 (must be 7)
MDL5_FRQ4=18 etc
MDL5_FRQ5=21 etc
MDL5_FRQ6=23
MDL5_FRQ7=25
MDL5_FRQ8=27
MDL5_FRQ9=29
MDL5_FRQ10=31 (must be 25)
MDL5_FRQ11=31 etc
MDL5_FRQ12=31
MDL5_FRQ13=31
MDL5_FRQ14=31
MDL5_FRQ15=31
MDL5_FRQ16=31
MDL5_FRQ17=31
MDL5_FRQ18=31
MDL5_FRQ19=31
MDL5_FRQ20=31
MDL5_FRQ21=31
MDL5_FRQ22=31
MDL5_FRQ23=31
MDL5_FRQ24=29
MDL5_FRQ25=27
MDL5_FRQ26=25
MDL5_FRQ27=23
MDL5_FRQ28=21
MDL5_FRQ29=18
MDL5_FRQ30=16
MDL5_FRQ31=14
MDL5_FRQ32=12 (must be 1 again)

Strange is't?

I will keep you informed!

Halewijn
Halloween is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 01:57 PM   #492
Tech Elite
 
Johnny Wishbone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,419
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

I'd like to see that in a bar graph instead of text, like the one Hebiki posts.
Johnny Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 02:17 PM   #493
Tech Initiate
 
Halloween's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Holland
Posts: 43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone View Post
I'd like to see that in a bar graph instead of text, like the one Hebiki posts.
Sure, if you can tell me how i must do that.
Halloween is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 02:23 PM   #494
Tech Elite
 
Johnny Wishbone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,419
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

I think its a "read" the profile and then a copy/paste from the main screen of the stock motor manager, paste to you post and it should go from there. Just sometimes a pic is worth a thousand words thing.
Johnny Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 02:27 PM   #495
Tech Elite
 
Johnny Wishbone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,419
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Also if I'm reading that profile right, I think its already one of the ones thats been posted here, or at least I'm sure I've seen that curve somewhere already.
Johnny Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tekin RS ESC sensored Jeff Cuffs Electric On-Road 23359 10-02-2016 06:57 AM
best esc for touring car devin4444 Electric On-Road 48 05-02-2016 10:01 AM
Foam tire spec chassi!! Team_Elli Electric On-Road 15 07-28-2009 07:26 AM
KO BMC vs SP GT2.0 vs LRP SXX krat Electric On-Road 36 07-11-2009 07:18 PM
Orion Vortex BL Race ESC dr_hfuhuhurr Radio and Electronics 29 03-02-2009 07:46 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:09 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net