R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-22-2009, 01:39 PM   #466
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halloween View Post
Great! Just what i thought!
Many thanks for your explaination.

And what about the time for the freq (1 to 32) cyclus? is that 1 sec? ore 3 ore 10?

I wondered about some grafics i saw. They started at a high freq, then they go to a lower and ended at the middle....

When you drive a technical circuit i can understand, but then you need the time howmuch the esc does about the freq 1 to 32...

Halewijn
Steps 1-32 are the throttle positions. Step 1 is as you pull the throttle, 16 would be mid-throttle, 32 full throttle. There is no time or cycle associated with this, only throttle position.
KO PROPO Staff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 02:42 PM   #467
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO PROPO Staff View Post
Steps 1-32 are the throttle positions. Step 1 is as you pull the throttle, 16 would be mid-throttle, 32 full throttle. There is no time or cycle associated with this, only throttle position.
Oke, thank you Robert (and all) for answering my questions!

Now i know what i needed to know to make a few setups/profiles.

I will test them this week and i wil let know how it went.

Halewijn
Halloween is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 09:01 AM   #468
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hi Hebiki,

I'm about to head out for some practice soon with the Stock manager software, do you have a profile already done that would suit the below track for both 17.5 and 10.5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pb--yQonviA

She's a big track,

Cheers
James

*HEI International for Protoform/Proline/Spaz Stix
*Bitty Design Australia for Bodies and Liquid Mask
* Airbrushmegastore.com for all paint and airbrush supplies
B4james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 09:35 AM   #469
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Just posted the ROAR carpet nats '09 setting used by Drew Ellis to take TQ and the win in 13.5T Touring. This is the same profile that EJ Evans used at the Reedy Race of Champions '09 to take the TQ and win in RCGT.

Also posted is the mod setting used by Ralph Burch to set the fastest qualifying time at the Reedy Race of Champions '09 which was also used by Josh Cyrul and Drew Ellis for mod. In this setting, all three drivers settled on profile 2.

These can be found here http://www.kopropo.com/america/index...113&Itemid=162

Sorry for taking a while to post these up. Enjoy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by B4james View Post
Hi Hebiki,

I'm about to head out for some practice soon with the Stock manager software, do you have a profile already done that would suit the below track for both 17.5 and 10.5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pb--yQonviA

She's a big track,

Cheers
James
James,

holy smokes thats a HUGE track. i wouldnt even think of running 17.5 there. try the profile i quoted above from Robert's post.

http://www.kopropo.com/america/index...113&Itemid=162

start with timing at "5" with your 10.5. Check your motor temps. That should be a good profile to start with

- Chris
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:28 AM   #470
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebiki View Post
holy smokes thats a HUGE track. - Chris
What do you think of my local track?

It's 278 mtrs long with a straight end of more then 70 mtr.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huxCyR71mhc

I have been there today to test some profiles/setups, i will inform you soon about the results. But with the latest test i went with my 13.5T lipo 68 km/h max

Halewijn
Old 06-25-2009, 11:39 AM   #471
Tech Lord

Quote:

I have been there today to test some profiles/setups, i will inform you soon about the results. But with the latest test i went with my 13.5T lipo 68 km/h max

Halewijn
I hate you and James. you guys are so lucky to have SUCH beautiful outdoor tracks. (im just kidding of course, i dont hate you guys.).

i think you'd definitely want to run timing 6 on that track. i think the key will be having a set up that helps u carry cornerspeed. id say start with the same profile i recommended to James above. and probably tweak the first 2/3 of the profile to suit how much punch u want. keep a close eye on your motor temps.. wanna be around 71deg C (160deg F)... and definitely not hotter than 82deg C (180 deg F).

at the track where i test at.. the straight is probably 33-36meters long. so your track is twice the size of the one i race at. my motor comes off at 150deg F after a 9 min run. but i have a fan on my motor.
Old 06-25-2009, 05:24 PM   #472
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Wow, 9 minutes - is this what you race time wise ?

We only run for 5 minutes here in sanctioned events, some other events are run for 6 minutes.

*HEI International for Protoform/Proline/Spaz Stix
*Bitty Design Australia for Bodies and Liquid Mask
* Airbrushmegastore.com for all paint and airbrush supplies
B4james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 05:49 PM   #473
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by B4james View Post
Wow, 9 minutes - is this what you race time wise ?

We only run for 5 minutes here in sanctioned events, some other events are run for 6 minutes.
RCGT runs for 7mins with 17.5BL. and with Tamiya's TCS events.. GT2 runs for 8mins (17.5 motors also).

with 5000mah lipos... 5 mins is boring.

7-8 min racing makes it more exciting.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:44 PM   #474
Tech Adept

Default Ko BMC

Hey guys, I want to buy the new version of the Ko BMC for my 12th scale.
Do you recomend it?
What bits come with the esc? [wires, booster.... etc]???

Any any profile for 12 scale please...

Thanks
ds400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 01:50 PM   #475
Tech Adept

Quote:

Halewijn
Quote:
James,

holy smokes thats a HUGE track. i wouldnt even think of running 17.5 there. try the profile i quoted above from Robert's post.

http://www.kopropo.com/america/index...113&Itemid=162

start with timing at "5" with your 10.5. Check your motor temps. That should be a good profile to start with

- Chris
Quote:
I hate you and James. you guys are so lucky to have SUCH beautiful outdoor tracks. (im just kidding of course, i dont hate you guys.).

i think you'd definitely want to run timing 6 on that track. i think the key will be having a set up that helps u carry cornerspeed. id say start with the same profile i recommended to James above. and probably tweak the first 2/3 of the profile to suit how much punch u want. keep a close eye on your motor temps.. wanna be around 71deg C (160deg F)... and definitely not hotter than 82deg C (180 deg F).

at the track where i test at.. the straight is probably 33-36meters long. so your track is twice the size of the one i race at. my motor comes off at 150deg F after a 9 min run. but i have a fan on my motor.
Thats a middle size compared to ours....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19oAFIsJt60

We run mod with 4.0T on it... and got a 12th too
ds400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 06:43 PM   #476
Tech Fanatic

Location: Beautiful Downtown L.A. Where the sky is always on fire and the grass is always brown
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to minicooper Send a message via Yahoo to minicooper

Quote:
KO - When does the timing come on? Is it from step 1 through 32 OR is it in the upper 3/4 of the profile that it is full advance? Or even yet is it based on the peak of throttle pofile. Thanks
Old 06-27-2009, 02:41 PM   #477
Tech Initiate

Oke, the couple of day's i have tested several (22 in total!!!) profiles i made by myself on the BMC stock manager (and collected from you guy's -many thanks again-) on my speedo and i was a little confused....

First some facts:

The first day i had a 13.5T LRP brushless with 205watt and 3200kv and the gearratio was 4.13. The speed difference between the profiles was between the 62 and 68 km/u.
The second day i drove with a hacker 13.5T with 290watt and 2750kv, gearratio 3.75 and the speed was almost the same. Between 65 an 69,6 km/u.

Well, that is logic you could say. Yes it is, but the temp with the hacker was lower (<70deg C). So i could go even futher with a lower ratio. I didn't because i had't any lower...

But even then, guy's with a spx and the same 13.5T killed me on the straight end with above the 70 km/h (74)

I know, it is not only the top of speed, but with a lenght of more then 70 mtrs it is a matter of winning of losing....

I thought you could notice more difference between the profile's. I have tested them all, from progressive to aggresive to liniar with a low/mid/high khz, to whatever. The only thing i did't tested is a profile with a curve in the middle of drivefreq. because in my opinion that make no sence.
There is (too) litle difference between the speed, see above, but i def could feel the dif between the punch. At the lowest khz level (near 52) it's way too much. You must be so careyful with the finger on the trothle. And at the highest (near 1) he is almost too smooth. The difference in speed between the liniar profile at the lowest and the highest khz is only two km/u

Maybe, i miss something.

For example;
*The speedo without the usb programe has 5 profile's. Does the software overrule this profile's? Ore must you set the speedo to a special profile that he can read the software?

*Must you programe the speedo to the same model as the model in the softwareprograme? For example; When you programe model 5 on the speedo, he could only read the model 5 in the software.

*Does the drivefreq 1 till 32 not be the thrigger position but the rpm of the motor? It make more sence to it, because you can easely drive full speed on the thrigger though a high speed corner but the engine could not produce the mount of rpm and then you need the torque again. So when you drive with a profile wich has a first sector of low khz (high torque) and at the end high khz (high speed) and you go full speed though a corner he loss a lot of speed because there is't any torque left. But you need this profile with the high khz at the end of it to have a lot of speed at the straight...

So Hebiki, i think you are right about the profile you recommended me. But even then i miss the endspeed comparing the SPX stockspec.

Can anyone telling me what i do wrong ore is there not more speed in this speedo?

PS sorry if i wrote somewhere not correct english

Halewijn

Last edited by Halloween; 06-28-2009 at 12:46 AM.
Old 06-27-2009, 02:50 PM   #478
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to goop

what was the temp of your motor at the end of your run it should be around
160 deg F. also what was your timing at on the speedo and motor.

TOP Racing - Gravity Rc - Contact tires - KO Propo - Competition Electronics
goop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 03:25 PM   #479
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Is KO going to be at IIC? I need both my esc updated...
Old 06-27-2009, 03:40 PM   #480
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by goop View Post
what was the temp of your motor at the end of your run it should be around
160 deg F. also what was your timing at on the speedo and motor.
After a 10 min run with a high torque/punch profile it was 70 deg C. That's 160deg F. With less torque it was less. Around the 60 deg C. The timing was 6 on the speedo. At the motor is it the fabric timing. Other it is't legal...

Halewijn

Last edited by Halloween; 06-27-2009 at 03:51 PM.