Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ko BMC Speedo

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 06:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Any chance of making an iphone ap for speedo programing?

Last edited by HenBeav; 06-21-2009 at 11:33 AM.
Old 06-21-2009, 11:05 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by mr. losi
thanks guys...the auto brake is drag brake, so what is the brake frequency??
Has anyone an answere to this? I can't find it.

An other question(s). How much time is there between DriveFreq cyclus 1 to 32? Is that 1 sec? 3, 5 ore maybe 10 sec?
And why do you need to have lots of punch (high freq) at the end of the cyclus? And a much rpm at the beginning? I thought you always need first to have punch and then the rpm? Maybe not by carpet, but for a high traction outdoor track. It don't make since to me...

Many thanks!

PS this week i gonna test the speedo with several settings on a 1/8 scale high traction/speed track with a straight end of more then 70 mtr.
I will keep you informed.

Halewijn

Last edited by Halloween; 06-22-2009 at 05:24 AM.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:19 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mr. losi
thanks guys...the auto brake is drag brake, so what is the brake frequency??
try to explain this as best as i can....

Automatic Brake, more commonly referred to as "drag brake", is when the car will slow down when you let off the throttle. this is done to simulate what brushed motors used to do.

on the BMC.. for Automatic brake, the higher the number, the more you have.

Brake Freq is how "hard" your brakes are. so if you set a lower brake freq, say 0.492khz (the lowest setting), the brakes are much stronger when you apply them compared to 2.44khz (the highest setting).
Old 06-22-2009, 11:00 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanks Hebiki,

So your are saying that the BMC has a double brake function.

For the automatic brake: the higher the number how stronger he will brake and for the brakefreq: the lower the number how stronger he will brake....

Oke, an example: automaticbrake on 30 and brakefreq on 0.792khz will be the same as automaticbrake on 120 ans brakefreq on 1.70khz.....

Ore did i mis something?

Do you (ore anyone else) has an answere to my other qeustions?

Many thanks

Halewijn
Old 06-22-2009, 11:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Halloween
Thanks Hebiki,

So your are saying that the BMC has a double brake function.

For the automatic brake: the higher the number how stronger he will brake and for the brakefreq: the lower the number how stronger he will brake....

Oke, an example: automaticbrake on 30 and brakefreq on 0.792khz will be the same as automaticbrake on 120 ans brakefreq on 1.70khz.....

Ore did i mis something?

Do you (ore anyone else) has an answere to my other qeustions?

Many thanks

Halewijn
no, 2 different functions. almost all brushless speedos have 2 brake setting. one is for automatic brake or drag brake. this is to simular the drag a brush motor has. and the second is how hard the brake effect is when using push brake(brake freq). now what I am not sure of is if the brake freq affects the auto brake.
Old 06-22-2009, 11:13 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by theisgroup
no, 2 different functions. almost all brushless speedos have 2 brake setting. one is for automatic brake or drag brake. this is to simular the drag a brush motor has. and the second is how hard the brake effect is when using push brake(brake freq). now what I am not sure of is if the brake freq affects the auto brake.
robert will eventually chime in here.....i hope.

but i always thought drag brake affects your car when you let off the throttle (before you get to neutral).

so if your drag brake is maxed out.. you let off the throttle a little bit, your car will slow down faster.

"brake freq" is how hard it will stop once you start applying brakes after neutral (i.e. pushing forward on the throttle trigger).

now.. i agree with you. im not sure if brake freq ALSO affects drag brake?
Old 06-22-2009, 11:23 AM
Tech Elite

i am thinking that it does not because I have been playing with brake freq, but it has not affected my autobrake. but hey, maybe the changes are soo slight, I could not fell it. I should just set it from min to max and see.
Old 06-22-2009, 11:26 AM
Tech Initiate

ahaa,

Now i'm getting it! Your both explainations making it clear to me.

The brakefreq is how hard he will brake after the neutral!

Many thanks!

Yang; do you maybe have an answere to my other questions?

Halewijn
Old 06-22-2009, 11:34 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by theisgroup
i am thinking that it does not because I have been playing with brake freq, but it has not affected my autobrake. but hey, maybe the changes are soo slight, I could not fell it. I should just set it from min to max and see.
cool try it out and tell me how it goes.
Old 06-22-2009, 11:41 AM
Tech Master

halloween-

Changing the brake frequency will effect the automatic brake (drag brake) since you are telling the ESC at what frequency to apply brakes and drag brake. Sometimes the changes are so small that it is hard to tell the difference.

Higher drive frequency gives more punch. So sometimes having more punch doesn't help with low traction conditions, so we go to higher drive frequencies initially. Creating wheel spin doesn't make you go any faster, but slower because you are not moving forward.
Old 06-22-2009, 11:44 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by KO PROPO Staff
halloween-

Changing the brake frequency will effect the automatic brake (drag brake) since you are telling the ESC at what frequency to apply brakes and drag brake. Sometimes the changes are so small that it is hard to tell the difference.

Higher drive frequency gives more punch. So sometimes having more punch doesn't help with low traction conditions, so we go to higher drive frequencies initially. Creating wheel spin doesn't make you go any faster, but slower because you are not moving forward.
YAY!!!!
Old 06-22-2009, 11:45 AM
Tech Elite

wooohooo! one less thing to test before vegas.
Old 06-22-2009, 11:52 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by KO PROPO Staff

Oke, thanks Robert!

So if i understood it right you can say that when you drive on a high traction circuit with a low gearing like 3.70 ore lower, you can use a lot of punch at the beginning (freq 1 to 8) and go from that to a lower (lowest) freq for the speed (ore "second gear").

Any chance you can give the aswere to my last question?

Halewijn
Old 06-22-2009, 12:10 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Halloween
Oke, thanks Robert!

So if i understood it right you can say that when you drive on a high traction circuit with a low gearing like 3.70 ore lower, you can use a lot of punch at the beginning (freq 1 to 8) and go from that to a lower (lowest) freq for the speed (ore "second gear").

Any chance you can give the aswere to my last question?

Halewijn
Gearing will depend on your motor, track and motor temps. If you have high traction, you want to go from low drive frequency to high with higher turn motors (17.5-10.5). For mod, you probably don't want low drive frequency initially because you are just going to spin the tires .
Old 06-22-2009, 12:21 PM
Tech Initiate

Great! Just what i thought!
Many thanks for your explaination.

And what about the time for the freq (1 to 32) cyclus? is that 1 sec? ore 3 ore 10?

I wondered about some grafics i saw. They started at a high freq, then they go to a lower and ended at the middle....

When you drive a technical circuit i can understand, but then you need the time howmuch the esc does about the freq 1 to 32...

Halewijn

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.