R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-04-2009, 12:23 PM   #301
Tech Elite
 
BlackedOutREVO's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 3,791
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

Wow setting 6 on timing. I run 0 or 1 in my wheeler lol, usually 0

Hows it working out? And I dont really understand, sending in my esc to KO to get the update gets get the new timing stuff, or is it just a new version of the programmer software on my computer? I havent messed with my esc for like 3 months
__________________
R1 Wurks/Awesomatix USA/Roche USA/Protoform/Solaris/Mo Speed/Speedworld Raceway
BlackedOutREVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 01:36 PM   #302
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,464
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to goop
Default

you have to send in the speedo to get the firmware upgraded in the speedo so you can use the new software. if you dont send it in you will not be able to use the new stock program with 6 timing. also this upgrade fixes all cogging issues.
__________________
Hurricane Motorsports
Team Trinity

TOP Racing - Gravity Rc - Contact tires - KO Propo - Competition Electronics
goop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 01:42 PM   #303
Tech Master
 
Drew Ellis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The LOU
Posts: 1,935
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebiki View Post
Drew

what motors are you running now? curious. ill be at tamiya testing the BMC with some different profile and the timing set to "6"

btw.. you going to reedy? if you are.. i'll see you there.. ill be running 13.5 and RCGT.

- Chris
Chris I have been running the EA Motorsports DUO...The timing set at 10d on the motor (middle hole)...On the speedo 6 timing I want to try 5 timing to see if I can run a more powerful profile...Yes I will be at the Reedy...See ya there ...Drew
__________________
RCAMERICA-Xray-Hudy-GravityRC-Kopropo-PROLEVELRC-Team EAM-ORCA-P1Brand-AVID-ProlevelRC Raceway-MOTIV-Max Power America-SRC America
Drew Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 02:21 PM   #304
Tech Lord
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,919
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Ellis View Post
Chris I have been running the EA Motorsports DUO...The timing set at 10d on the motor (middle hole)...On the speedo 6 timing I want to try 5 timing to see if I can run a more powerful profile...Yes I will be at the Reedy...See ya there ...Drew
ok cool.. ill be using the Duo at Reedy (hopefully for both classes 13.5 and RCGT).

did some testing yesterday finally. set the speedo at timing at 6, drag brake at 75 and brake freq at 0.794khz.

temps came off at 140 (at 5mins)...around 150-160 after 7-8mins of practice time with a 13.5 novak motor.

the guy who won 13.5 was using an spx at profile 8. my fast lap was off by 0.1 from his fast lap. so the BMC definitely KEEPS up with the spx AND i didnt blow up any motors.
__________________
Hebiki Design Works
Custom R/C Vinyl Graphics & Apparel: Your gear, your way!
Web Design - Web Development - Logo Design - Graphic Design
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 02:42 PM   #305
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 990
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebiki View Post
the guy who won 13.5 was using an spx at profile 8. my fast lap was off by 0.1 from his fast lap. so the BMC definitely KEEPS up with the spx AND i didnt blow up any motors.
you can be faster with the BMC! I have been beating spx guys with it.
GO CHRIS!!
Hi-LowBlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 03:16 PM   #306
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,464
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to goop
Default

__________________
Hurricane Motorsports
Team Trinity

TOP Racing - Gravity Rc - Contact tires - KO Propo - Competition Electronics
goop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 03:19 PM   #307
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,999
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-LowBlow View Post
you can be faster with the BMC! I have been beating spx guys with it.
GO CHRIS!!
There will be no bragging about who you beat and with what........that's my job


Drew- If you're reading this.......I'm coming for you!!!!! I still need a heat sink and fan first
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 04:51 PM   #308
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,305
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goop View Post
. also this upgrade fixes all cogging issues.
Now that's some good news. Hope to get the ESC back soon.
redbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 05:05 PM   #309
Administrator
 
Matt M.'s Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 8,410
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

if we can get guys to post up the setups they are using it would be great...

i understand the timing, the auto brake,

are you guys changing the steps???? (the stuff in the middle) or just moving thru the profiles??

for my purposes i will start with number 2 with the timing cranked...

how many teeth do you guys think you should go down, when you change timing from 2 to 5 ot 6??
__________________
Team Losi Racing-Team Tekin-Proline Racing-Motiv-92zero Designs-Jim Neubert Paint Design-LiveRC.com-TFR-Team Dirt Heaven-Gravity RC-Trackside

UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot,nothing is going to get better. It's not. Dr. Seuss
Matt M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 07:52 PM   #310
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,464
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to goop
Default

i put my timing to 6 and had to drop 3 teeth and wow. i tried to upload my settings but rc tech wont let me maybe i can try emailing them to you.
__________________
Hurricane Motorsports
Team Trinity

TOP Racing - Gravity Rc - Contact tires - KO Propo - Competition Electronics
goop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 07:58 PM   #311
Tech Master
 
Drew Ellis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The LOU
Posts: 1,935
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebiki View Post
ok cool.. ill be using the Duo at Reedy (hopefully for both classes 13.5 and RCGT).

did some testing yesterday finally. set the speedo at timing at 6, drag brake at 75 and brake freq at 0.794khz.

temps came off at 140 (at 5mins)...around 150-160 after 7-8mins of practice time with a 13.5 novak motor.

the guy who won 13.5 was using an spx at profile 8. my fast lap was off by 0.1 from his fast lap. so the BMC definitely KEEPS up with the spx AND i didnt blow up any motors.
Chris you can gear up the motor should be around the 170 to 180 mark after 5 min....Clint I will be looking for you on the track, but if your coming for me that means you are behind me

Drew
__________________
RCAMERICA-Xray-Hudy-GravityRC-Kopropo-PROLEVELRC-Team EAM-ORCA-P1Brand-AVID-ProlevelRC Raceway-MOTIV-Max Power America-SRC America
Drew Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 08:00 PM   #312
Tech Master
 
Drew Ellis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The LOU
Posts: 1,935
Default

Chris I forgot you will not want to run for more then 6 min's that way..Or there could be problems with your motor...

Drew
__________________
RCAMERICA-Xray-Hudy-GravityRC-Kopropo-PROLEVELRC-Team EAM-ORCA-P1Brand-AVID-ProlevelRC Raceway-MOTIV-Max Power America-SRC America
Drew Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 08:02 PM   #313
Tech Elite
 
theisgroup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 3,191
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goop View Post
i put my timing to 6 and had to drop 3 teeth and wow. i tried to upload my settings but rc tech wont let me maybe i can try emailing them to you.
rename the extension to .txt it is basically a text file anyways. that ways you can upload it to rctech. any1 that wants to use it will copy and save with the kpd extension
__________________
yang lai

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
theisgroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 10:48 PM   #314
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,999
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Ellis View Post
Chris you can gear up the motor should be around the 170 to 180 mark after 5 min....Clint I will be looking for you on the track, but if your coming for me that means you are behind me

Drew
You're right....good thing we run IFMAR qualifying
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 12:03 AM   #315
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 230
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goop View Post
you have to send in the speedo to get the firmware upgraded in the speedo so you can use the new software. if you dont send it in you will not be able to use the new stock program with 6 timing. also this upgrade fixes all cogging issues.
What cogging issues are there?, is it only for spec motors?. I am using low turn modified and the speedo is smooth as butter with no cogging, it is a v1 speedo, is it worth sending it in and being without it, if i have no issues?

Thanks Ya`All
MoonTrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tekin RS ESC sensored Jeff Cuffs Electric On-Road 23359 10-02-2016 06:57 AM
best esc for touring car devin4444 Electric On-Road 48 05-02-2016 10:01 AM
Foam tire spec chassi!! Team_Elli Electric On-Road 15 07-28-2009 07:26 AM
KO BMC vs SP GT2.0 vs LRP SXX krat Electric On-Road 36 07-11-2009 07:18 PM
Orion Vortex BL Race ESC dr_hfuhuhurr Radio and Electronics 29 03-02-2009 07:46 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:41 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net