R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-22-2009, 12:03 PM   #256
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
That's nice to know but until one shows up out here and holds it's own then there's no reason to take out the SPX. What profile are you running on yours? Mine just has the 1.5 update without the new timing profiles.
honestly i havent looked at the profile. i picked it up from Robert... he said if i tell anyone.. he'll send a ninja to my house to hurt me.

once the new software gets released... ill download it and see what the profile is.

dont worry you'll see the BMC at reedy in my RCGT car.
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 12:18 PM   #257
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebiki View Post
honestly i havent looked at the profile. i picked it up from Robert... he said if i tell anyone.. he'll send a ninja to my house to hurt me.

once the new software gets released... ill download it and see what the profile is.

dont worry you'll see the BMC at reedy in my RCGT car.
We'll see what happens for the Reedy. I still need a fan and heat sink.
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 12:23 PM   #258
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

I want to see a KO or Orion do some work in 13.5. It works fine in off road stuff.

The new LRP is pretty dang crazy..
Old 04-22-2009, 02:00 PM   #259
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
Are you running the KO or the Orion unit? I still have the Orion one with the 1.5 update. I'll possibly run it at the Reedy once set up by Robert. I also need to get a heat sink and fan.
I run the KO BMC and love it.
Hi-LowBlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 02:02 PM   #260
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO View Post
I want to see a KO or Orion do some work in 13.5. It works fine in off road stuff.

More info on the net would be a good start. Explaining what some of the steps do when using the BMC would benefit anyone using the Orion or Ko speedo. The speedo is too adjustable and a racer can dial themself out. Knowing what to adjust for bottom, mid, and top end would be very helpful. It's great that they have different profiles to download that are better than the stock profiles the speedo's came with. If you use the speedo for off road and have the BMC then you know that it looks like an EQ once on the screen. It's great that the speedo is so advanced....now all we need is simple explainations on using it to fit our needs no matter what track we're racing at.
Old 04-22-2009, 02:11 PM   #261
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-LowBlow View Post
I run the KO BMC and love it.
With you guys living down there I'm wondering if you already have the new timing profiles in your speedo. I was told that mine only has the 1.5 upgrade and it still won't compete with the spx so I haven't run it since I got it back. Waiting until the Reedy to get it might now be an option for me. If the spx is in the car at the start of practice then it's staying in for the whole event. I'd like one club race with it if I had the new timing software. Good luck this weekend at your Reedy warm up race.
Old 04-22-2009, 06:16 PM   #262
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO View Post

Well we did TQ the ROAR Carpet Nationals in 13.5 Touring and World GT.
KO PROPO Staff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 06:30 PM   #263
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 245 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO PROPO Staff View Post
Scottrik-
You will get the new v1.5 sticker on it. The stock motor manager will handle 13.5-17.5T. Japan says 10.5T will not be a problem, but you will have to check motor and ESC temp to make sure that the timing is not set too high and you aren't cooking anything.
-Robert
Excellent news on both counts--thank you Robert.

I'm in a "down" period so I'll get those speedos boxed up and sent in. Is there a particular form I should fill out or just a note indicating I want them updated?

Scottrik

THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE TELEVISED -Gil Scott-Heron (1949-2011)
Scottrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 09:11 PM   #264
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Another question if I may...

I notice that the BMC manager software has 4 cell, 5-6 cell, and LiPO cutoff options. THere doesn't seem to be a way to disable the voltage cutoff in the BMC Manager.

I run 1/12 scale with a single cell 3.7v LiPO. Will I be able to disable the cutoff?

Thanks for any info.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:38 PM   #265
Tech Master

Just what for the Reedy Then you will see what this speedo is all about....If you want to know how to work the software TEST like the rest of us........Later Drew
Old 04-22-2009, 11:24 PM   #266
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Ellis View Post
Just what for the Reedy Then you will see what this speedo is all about....If you want to know how to work the software TEST like the rest of us........Later Drew

The average racer isn't going to test the way you do. My points were geared more towards helping the club racer. See ya in a few weeks
Old 04-23-2009, 12:42 AM   #267
Tech Adept

Hello Robert,

Can you kindly answer my previous questions ?

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonTrap View Post
Hello,

What is the voltage cutoff value when lipo cutoff is selected?.
I ran the car till it hit lipo cutoff, but when i put the pack back on the charger it read about 5.8v . Is there a way to set the voltage value to like 6.3v ?

Thanks Ya`All
Quote:
Hello,

Is the 1.5 update necessary, if one is running low turn mod motors?.. I just shelled out over $300 with the ICS, and would be a real PITA if i had to ship it half way across the world and wait a month for it .. I have ran the BMC and after about 3 mins it starts to stutter, not sure if its the motor or speedo, speedo is only warm.

Thanks Ya`All
MoonTrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 01:30 PM   #268
Tech Master

Quote:
Hello Robert,

Can you kindly answer my previous questions ?

Thanks
Don't remember the exact voltage cut off and you cannot change this value. The v1.5 is an improvement over the original version. If you are having problems with cogging then you should send it in for service with a description of your problem.

If it's an Orion version, you can send it back to Orion or KO Japan for service. If it's a KO version purchased in the US, you can send it to KO America. If it's a KO version purchased outside of the US, you can send it to KO Japan.
Old 04-23-2009, 01:35 PM   #269
Tech Master

Scottrik- You can just state that you want the upgrade in the service request form.

Trips- We have seen the use of 4 cell setting while using a single cell lipo without any problems in stock racing. Just have to make sure and check the voltage and your runtime.
Old 04-23-2009, 02:57 PM   #270
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO PROPO Staff View Post
Trips- We have seen the use of 4 cell setting while using a single cell lipo without any problems in stock racing. Just have to make sure and check the voltage and your runtime.
How about running with a booster or receiver pack and the speed control switch in the off position? Will the BMC run this way and will this disable the voltage cutoff?

I really don't want to run single cell LiPO with a 4 cell cutoff active. It MAY work with a stock motor but we don't run stock motors here. 13.5's are what we run for "stock" with the single cell, and I'd like to be able to go lower as well.