R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-31-2009, 09:59 PM   #211
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott B View Post
Well to bad for you since you have the Orion, and I hear Ko will not be upgrading the Orion's at this time.
I dont like you, you just always bring bad news

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIGQ4U View Post
Good news, you didn't purchase the most expensive ESC, nor do you need to upgrade. While I understand the additional convenience, I don't see a real reason to upgrade. Perhaps there is something that I'm missing?
By the time you get the ESC, Fan/heatsink kit, and the programmer its the most expensive ESC out there. I have the programmer, why dont they have it so we can put new software on it our selves like Castle, Tekin, SP do?

And from the sounds of it, it makes the esc better, no?
Old 03-31-2009, 10:18 PM   #212
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Ahh yes, the accessories.

I own both the Tekin and this speed control. Yes, it would be nice if we could simply download software and install it but we have a solid highly adjustable ESC nevertheless.

If KO will be providing the additional profiles that we can load onto the esc ourselves, the only real difference is drag brake via the switch. I find it more of an inconvenience to remove the esc from my car and mail it to KO Propo than to unplug the esc from the receiver and fire up my laptop.
IIGQ4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 11:24 PM   #213
Tech Master

and it still cogs on my 17.5 trinity duo
redbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 11:40 PM   #214
Tech Elite

That's too bad. Works pretty well with my Orion Vortex motor.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:50 AM   #215
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIGQ4U View Post
Ahh yes, the accessories.

I own both the Tekin and this speed control. Yes, it would be nice if we could simply download software and install it but we have a solid highly adjustable ESC nevertheless.

If KO will be providing the additional profiles that we can load onto the esc ourselves, the only real difference is drag brake via the switch. I find it more of an inconvenience to remove the esc from my car and mail it to KO Propo than to unplug the esc from the receiver and fire up my laptop.
KO does have the profiles to download on there website..But you will still need to send it to him the speedo has to come apart for the update and its well worth the money..You will see that its faster with the update...Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbones View Post
Send it in to KO and the update will solve that problem to...I had the same problem, with the update no problem no more...Drew
Old 04-01-2009, 09:52 AM   #216
Tech Elite

Now it sounds as if it may be worth it.

No cogging, better performance and revised profiles.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:58 AM   #217
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
mine did also, until i turned the timing to 0....

UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot,nothing is going to get better. It's not. Dr. Seuss
Matt M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 10:57 AM   #218
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. losi View Post
mine did also, until i turned the timing to 0....
did that on the motor. lowest timing possible. tried everything from setting esc timing to zero, every frequency range, gearing to like 8.0-4.5. It always does a slight cog at that throttle range from a dead start. I am pretty sure I have a defective unit. I have the Orion one. Do I send it to orion, or will KO stand behind their product?
Old 04-01-2009, 11:01 AM   #219
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
did that on the motor. lowest timing possible. tried everything from setting esc timing to zero, every frequency range, gearing to like 8.0-4.5. It always does a slight cog at that throttle range from a dead start. I am pretty sure I have a defective unit. I have the Orion one. Do I send it to orion, or will KO stand behind their product?

Which transmitter are you using?? Did you try rolling the top end endpoint back to 80% and resetting your speed control. Several of the transmitters top end settings are anywhere from 100 to 130% overdrive.
Johnny Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 11:05 AM   #220
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Ellis View Post
KO does have the profiles to download on there website..But you will still need to send it to him the speedo has to come apart for the update and its well worth the money..You will see that its faster with the update...Drew
Are those the first version updates or the newest profiles from the Nats, KO said they where going to post them, but to date I only see the original ones. How about it Robert any luck with the newest ones????
Old 04-01-2009, 12:06 PM   #221
Tech Master

When you send in your speedo for the update Robert will install the new profiles also I ran profile 2 on the new version...The new ones should be on the website soon...Also at the nats I run a Duo at 10d timing and the transmitter at 150% and had no cogging the update will take care of all that...Not sure if we are updating the Orion's are not will try to talk with Robert and find out....Later Drew
Old 04-01-2009, 12:12 PM   #222
Tech Master

Guys just talked to Robert and he will be updating the Orion speedo the price is $20 the same as the KO ones...So just send them to KO America and he will take care of it...Later Drew
Old 04-01-2009, 03:50 PM   #223
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Ellis View Post
When you send in your speedo for the update Robert will install the new profiles also I ran profile 2 on the new version...The new ones should be on the website soon...Also at the nats I run a Duo at 10d timing and the transmitter at 150% and had no cogging the update will take care of all that...Not sure if we are updating the Orion's are not will try to talk with Robert and find out....Later Drew
Drew work on Robert to get those new profiles on the site, please.
Old 04-01-2009, 04:03 PM   #224
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone View Post
Which transmitter are you using?? Did you try rolling the top end endpoint back to 80% and resetting your speed control. Several of the transmitters top end settings are anywhere from 100 to 130% overdrive.
What you are referring to is the throttle trim or th epa? Not sure what this setting is. I have a Fut.3PM atm. Thanks
Old 04-01-2009, 06:21 PM   #225
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone View Post
Drew work on Robert to get those new profiles on the site, please.

Johnny,Robert should have them up in a few weeks..Robert is at the Silver State race he should be back in Monday....

He was referring to the EPA......Later Drew