R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-09-2009, 08:08 PM   #166
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpart View Post
Whats a good 17.5 1/12 scale setting list. Im running indoor caret on olefin on a medium sized track. Thanks in advance!
Go to the KO site and download the 1/12 scale seting and start at model 3 with motorset to 0 timming if you feel the car top out more to model 4 and you should be good I running these settings with an 79.5 roll out but are track is small.
Mike's Hobbyshop in Dallas (RIP)
Nor-Cal Hobbies [The Race Place]
tpczx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 09:57 PM   #167
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

IIGQ4U, i tried the read/write option as described, inspite of being gunshy about doing it, it worked nicely. Thanks

Robert I have tried the high end to 80% and reset and I'm not seeing much of a difference, although I am not able to track test this at this time, but I'll give it a shot.

A question, and this is going to sound silly, but (5) Brake Frequency, is 2.44 considered high or low frequency, and if so, for the TC profiles why are they set to 2.44? Is this just a start point or is it a recommended setting. I only ask as when I use this I find I overshoot the brake points and am wondering if this is just me or what do other TC users find for decent Brake Freq and Neutral Brake settings. I am running a 17.5 and 13.5 motors. Perhaps I am reading these profiles wrong as I see the 1/12th settings run more neutral brake, but to me, the heavier car (TC) should require the higher setting. This is by no means disrespecting your profiles, I'm just trying to get a better grasp of how this item works, and by all means this is a nice speedo. Thanks for the help.
Johnny Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 04:04 PM   #168
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone View Post
IIGQ4U, i tried the read/write option as described, inspite of being gunshy about doing it, it worked nicely. Thanks

Robert I have tried the high end to 80% and reset and I'm not seeing much of a difference, although I am not able to track test this at this time, but I'll give it a shot.

A question, and this is going to sound silly, but (5) Brake Frequency, is 2.44 considered high or low frequency, and if so, for the TC profiles why are they set to 2.44? Is this just a start point or is it a recommended setting. I only ask as when I use this I find I overshoot the brake points and am wondering if this is just me or what do other TC users find for decent Brake Freq and Neutral Brake settings. I am running a 17.5 and 13.5 motors. Perhaps I am reading these profiles wrong as I see the 1/12th settings run more neutral brake, but to me, the heavier car (TC) should require the higher setting. This is by no means disrespecting your profiles, I'm just trying to get a better grasp of how this item works, and by all means this is a nice speedo. Thanks for the help.
Any luck Hebiki??
Old 03-10-2009, 04:40 PM   #169
Tech Master

Johnny-
2.44 is a high frequency, meaning smoother but softer brakes. Going lower in frequency will give a stronger brake.
KO PROPO Staff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 04:46 PM   #170
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

That is what the instructions need. Explanations of what the values will do. Thanks

.:Team Orion : JConcepts : B-Fast RC:.
johnnyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 04:54 PM   #171
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Any luck Hebiki??
yup! i was playing around with it last night.... should have more in the next couple of days.

ive created some preliminary profiles from the old VFS-1 series.. i want to see how they translate in Brushless.
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 07:24 PM   #172
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Hi KO Propo Staff,

I am planning to get a Volac MS C3 or a VFS C3 esc for my F103 running in our local TAC races. We are running Tamiya Sport Tuned motor.

My question would be is the pre-set program in the Volac overkill for the Sport Tuned Motor or do I have to re-programmed it? If not are there good settings for both tarmac and carpet which i can download?

Please help.
Thanks
Old 03-12-2009, 08:31 PM   #173
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebiki View Post
yup! i was playing around with it last night.... should have more in the next couple of days.

ive created some preliminary profiles from the old VFS-1 series.. i want to see how they translate in Brushless.
How is the testing going? Any luck or updates?
Old 03-14-2009, 07:17 PM   #174
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Yesterday, I ran Profile #1 from the "2WD off road" profiles on the KO Propo website in my B4 with a 17.5 Orion Vortex motor. The BMC and 17.5 motor worked great with this profile. The motor definitely had more punch coming out of the corners over the default "power" profile.

Overall, the speed control felt great. Also, no cogging issued that I was aware of.
Rich Panganiban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 07:44 PM   #175
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Panganiban View Post
Yesterday, I ran Profile #1 from the "2WD off road" profiles on the KO Propo website in my B4 with a 17.5 Orion Vortex motor. The BMC and 17.5 motor worked great with this profile. The motor definitely had more punch coming out of the corners over the default "power" profile.

Overall, the speed control felt great. Also, no cogging issued that I was aware of.
I ran this set up also when I ran 2wd stock this season and it ran great with no cogging issues. I had also ran a Hacker 17.5 with no cogging issues.

I am now running the same speedo and Orion 17.5 in my 12 scale with profile 1. It ran well. This past week I ran a modified version of the profile with some slightly better results. very smooth system.
dodgeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 01:02 PM   #176
Tech Adept

Does anybody know if the hand held programmer is available yet?......my laptop runs Vista 64 and will not work with the software, I can adjust at home on desk top but not at the track. Thanks for any info.

Steve P.
srp67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 04:27 PM   #177
Tech Elite

I had the opurtunity to read 4 different speed controls profiles out on the weekend and of the 4, 3 had all identical profiles entered for all 5 modes. That is, they all where set to 5/6 cell Nimh and had a bottom flat line for all 5 profiles. I highly reconmend that if you have one of these units get the interface as "out of the box" could mean nothing has been written to the speed control as far as different profile curves.

Now with that said I did try rolling the high end of my transmitter back to 80% and reset the speed control and this seemed to fix the creep chatter, this was on a Spectrum transmitter, another transmitter was a KO and had a 150% over drive on the high end, which when reset to 100%, seemed to help as well.

The TC profiles off the site work very well, although you may require stronger brake settings dependant on how fast and tight the track is your running on.

Last edited by Johnny Wishbone; 03-18-2009 at 10:48 AM.
Old 03-16-2009, 04:28 PM   #178
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by srp67 View Post
Does anybody know if the hand held programmer is available yet?......my laptop runs Vista 64 and will not work with the software, I can adjust at home on desk top but not at the track. Thanks for any info.

Steve P.
See post #102 on this topic, this person has it working on Vista.
Old 03-16-2009, 06:00 PM   #179
Tech Adept

Quote:
See post #102 on this topic, this person has it working on Vista.
he has it running on Vista 32 bit version not 64 bit.....the laptop works fast but nothing works on it.
srp67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 07:01 PM   #180
Tech Master

seems like the trinity duo based 17.5(lowest timing) will have a slight initial cog no matter what you do to it. This is only from a dead start. When I creep the car at the minimum throttle it is ok. But when I give just a little more, it cogs, especially when you are making a turn. Then right after that, the rest of the throttle is ok. Do I have a defective speedo? don't have any other motors to test with.
redbones is offline   Reply With Quote