R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-01-2009, 02:23 PM   #151
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

I actually own this esc and have yet to open it pending public opinion. Overall, what do you all think of this esc? Is it comparable to or better than the Tekin RS?
IIGQ4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 04:22 AM   #152
Tech Apprentice

Right, brace your self for a silly question alert

Just picked up the speedo and the USB to change the settings about.

However ive got it all working but when i want to connect to the speedo through the usb it comes up with communication failed. I know ive got the right port being used and everything, just cant seem to get it to connect.
Slick990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 04:35 AM   #153
Tech Apprentice

Told you it was a silly question.

I was using the wrong VFS program
Slick990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 07:40 AM   #154
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Anyone has any idea on how to dismantle this esc? I removed the 4 screws but couldn't take the casing apart. Is it easy to reach the receiver wires?

I want to get access to the receiver wires so that I can shorten them.

Thanks.

Kenneth
Kenneth Tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 09:01 PM   #155
Tech Fanatic

Default Write Failed

Has anyone had any experience of not being able to write new programs to the speedo? I tried to do it today and I was able to read the profiles but not write custom profiles for some odd reason. Kept getting an error message write failed. Robert if you are out there do you have any ideas?
RC AMERICA, HUDY, XRAY, Nexus Racing, Desoto Racing, 301 Raceway(RIP). XRAY T4/NT1 coming for that #1 spot!! AKA-Melvin Aulston
Racer Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 02:55 PM   #156
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO PROPO Staff View Post
Johnny-
The profiles should be different and there are no changes in the settings so far.

redbones- Try the new touring car profiles posted on our site. Also, try setting your throttle high point to 80 and try retarding the timing in the motor.
Quote:
Johnny-
The profiles should be different and there are no changes in the settings so far.

redbones- Try the new touring car profiles posted on our site. Also, try setting your throttle high point to 80 and try retarding the timing in the motor.

Sorry to highjack this thread from you Redbones but Robert the throttle high point? Is this on the transmitter? If you do this don't you loose the full throttle of the speed control at top end?

I finally got my interface, and after looking at the factory default you can see why this speed control felt like there where no drag brakes and very slight braking at full brake of the transmitter. Another issue I have is when bench testing this unit after several short full throttle bursts the speedo actually will cog or chatter backwards rotation. This is with 2 different motors set at different motor timing. On the track one motor had no issues which ever timing advancement I had the SC set to, although this motor still feels like it has weak brakes, (but better now that the SC has been changed). The other motor still has a cogging issue while creeping from a dead start, but is very smooth once it get going.

My biggest complaint about this product is the english conversion of the instructions, not only the speed control, which is not too bad, but the interface is terrible and very hard to understand. The funny part about this is finding out that the com port setting is com port 4, only after finding it listed in some netnotes.

So after this rant here are some of the points that I think would make this product more useable or at least easier to understand and transfer over the scripts you supplied.

1 - Neutral Brake or Automatic Brake is DRAG BRAKE, which is defined as NBRK in the script.

2 - Brake Frequency goes from 2.44 to 0.xxx where in script BFREQ is given as a number 63=2.44 and count down from there.

3 - VLT in script is associated to which battery option you choose. 100=NiMh(4C) 160=Lipo

4 - VFS Configuration Slider in script is given as FRQx=XX, remembering that bottom of scale is 12 so what ever number supplied XX in script is 11+

5 - In script PROG= # in timing adjustment.

6 - As mentioned before USB port comes up as com port 4.

These where the items that I had to manipulate to duplicate the scripts that you have given us for the different profiles. They do work very well once loaded.
Johnny Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 03:26 PM   #157
Tech Master

Johnny Wishbone-
Yes adjust the throttle high point on the Tx and then set the ESC to the Tx. You will not lose your full throttle at top end if set this way.

The COMM port setting for the software will vary depending on your computer. It is not alway port 4, it depends on what COMM port or USB port you are using in your computer.

If you open the posted setting files as a text document, you will be confused. The text (script) is for the software to read, not you. That is why we stated on our website to right click and save the file. You should open the file with the software.

Racer Z-
Delete the software and try to download it again and run. Sometimes the software download can get corrupted. If you do not have a battery connected to the ESC and are trying to power it through the USB 2.0, it could be that the USB 2.0 power is weak. Try powering it with a battery and read/write.

Kenneth Tan,
The case is also glued together. You have to be very careful when taking it apart.
KO PROPO Staff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 03:30 PM   #158
Tech Elite

Robert is correct in all aspects. When you open the text file via the BMC software, the profiles will be loaded and you can then adjust them or load them onto the esc.
Old 03-09-2009, 04:05 PM   #159
Tech Elite

Quote:
Johnny Wishbone-
Yes adjust the throttle high point on the Tx and then set the ESC to the Tx. You will not lose your full throttle at top end if set this way.

The COMM port setting for the software will vary depending on your computer. It is not alway port 4, it depends on what COMM port or USB port you are using in your computer.

If you open the posted setting files as a text document, you will be confused. The text (script) is for the software to read, not you. That is why we stated on our website to right click and save the file. You should open the file with the software.

Racer Z-
Delete the software and try to download it again and run. Sometimes the software download can get corrupted. If you do not have a battery connected to the ESC and are trying to power it through the USB 2.0, it could be that the USB 2.0 power is weak. Try powering it with a battery and read/write.

Kenneth Tan,
The case is also glued together. You have to be very careful when taking it apart.
Robert how does rolling the high end on the transmitter back to 80% and resetting the speedo help the cogging effect? I don't understand this, please explain.

I guess there must be some form of port sniffer in the program when it fires up, no where in the instructions does it tell you this, but good to know.

So, now if I have done the right click and save target as, do I go to the BMC manager and click on button 9 to transfer over the saved profile info?
I entered all this by hand and fear that I may screw it up and have to do it all again. If you could walk me thru this just for self assurance that would be great.
Old 03-09-2009, 04:10 PM   #160
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone View Post
Robert how does rolling the high end on the transmitter back to 80% and resetting the speedo help the cogging effect? I don't understand this, please explain.

I guess there must be some form of port sniffer in the program when it fires up, no where in the instructions does it tell you this, but good to know.

So, now if I have done the right click and save target as, do I go to the BMC manager and click on button 9 to transfer over the saved profile info?
I entered all this by hand and fear that I may screw it up and have to do it all again. If you could walk me thru this just for self assurance that would be great.
Just in case Robert is busy, I will try this out tonight. And give you some more tips. Send me a PM and I can email you what i find.
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 04:14 PM   #161
Tech Elite

Default PM sent

PM sent, thanks.
Old 03-09-2009, 04:20 PM   #162
Tech Elite

After you open the file via the BMC software, the profiles will automatically load into each of the model slots. You can then write them onto the esc.
Old 03-09-2009, 04:26 PM   #163
Tech Elite

Thanks IIGQ4U, I'll try this tonight.
Old 03-09-2009, 07:06 PM   #164
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fpart
Default 1.12

Whats a good 17.5 1/12 scale setting list. Im running indoor caret on olefin on a medium sized track. Thanks in advance!
fpart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 07:48 PM   #165
Tech Master

Quote:
Kenneth Tan,
Thanks for the reply. I will not open it then. Too risky.
Kenneth Tan is offline   Reply With Quote