Wiki Posts
Search

What class should be cut?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 10:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default What class should be cut?

With all the talk about too many big races having too many classes, what class should we cut, personally I like Foam Sedan and would not want to see it get cut, however I do see Rubber Sedan becomming popular. Lastly Mod sedan should should go by the wayside, don't see much interest in it anymore. Thoughts.
Old 12-05-2008, 10:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Classes should return to the way they were about 10 yrs. ago....

STOCK and MOD only per chassis group.

Now if "mod" needs to be made to be just 10.5 or 3.5's or any SINGLE motor chose, then thats it.
Old 12-05-2008, 10:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

10.5, 13.5, 17.5, 21.5 .............pick one motor for stock and one motor for mod.

I was thinking about picking up another car, but it seems that the electric side of this hobby can't make up it's mind with regards to rules about any of the classes.

I'm all for spec classes ( motor, battery capacity, tires, bodies) , it keeps things as they were meant to be ... fun. And it keeps costs down.
Old 12-05-2008, 10:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Personally I'd like to see stock 17.5 Rubber TC and 1/12th, Mod (10.5) TC Rubber and 1/12th as well as VTA and 13.5 World GT. Six classes puts us back where we were a couple years ago with enough variety to please almost everybody. I'm a foam TC racer myself but I think going to rubber just like the rest of the world would only make sense, but that is just me.
Old 12-05-2008, 10:37 AM
Tech Addict

Don't cut classes, just make your big races rubber tire only.
Old 12-05-2008, 10:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I'm an off-roader and "sportsman" has added an hour to our club nights. We've got (EXAMPLE) 13.5 super stock truck and 13.5 sportsman super stock truck (along with 4W class) Seriously, put everyone in one of the three classes and call it a day. I think it's so everyone feels they have a chance at the A, because no one wants to go home 3rd in the C on a club night...but you'll never get any better if you race with people that don't push you.

There's really only three classifications of motors these days

17.5 stock
13.5 super stock
10.5+ mod

And just like was said before, when I started racing, there was only stock and mod and that's what you raced...
Old 12-05-2008, 10:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Since you addressed this toward BIG RACES, instead of cutting a particular class why not instead

• Limit the numbers of classes a racer can enter to TWO
  • Require PRE-ENTRY to the event.
  • Set a MINIMUM ENTRY # for the class (at least enough for a A,B,C main)
  • Drop any potential class that doesn't meet the Min. entry number by the Pre-Entry deadline.

Since so many peoples interest and classes move around these days, that would let the ENTRYS dictate which classes are run, and you wouldn't have guys running 4,5,6 classes (or more in some cases)
Old 12-05-2008, 10:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mafiaracers
I'm an off-roader and "sportsman" has added an hour to our club nights. We've got (EXAMPLE) 13.5 super stock truck and 13.5 sportsman super stock truck (along with 4W class) Seriously, put everyone in one of the three classes and call it a day. I think it's so everyone feels they have a chance at the A, because no one wants to go home 3rd in the C on a club night...but you'll never get any better if you race with people that don't push you.

There's really only three classifications of motors these days

17.5 stock
13.5 super stock
10.5+ mod

And just like was said before, when I started racing, there was only stock and mod and that's what you raced...
word... split every one up by motor... run 3 quals and mains. reshuffle after each qual so people can get faster and faster and basically sepparate them into skill groups. problem solved.

However, I do kinda feel like 13.5 or 10.5 needs to go. Which sux cause i love 13.5... 17.5 is just too slow for me. Maybe once 17.5 technology progresses those will become fast enough where 13.5 can be eliminated and just run 17.5, 10.5 and full blown mod.

The thing is you will always need a mod class.

And while we're on the subject. I respect vta for what it tries to do. but I don't understand why 17.5 stock sedan can be that class. Is 17.5 really that fast that beginners can't have fun?
Old 12-05-2008, 11:02 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Goggles Paesan
With all the talk about too many big races having too many classes, what class should we cut, personally I like Foam Sedan and would not want to see it get cut, however I do see Rubber Sedan becomming popular. Lastly Mod sedan should should go by the wayside, don't see much interest in it anymore. Thoughts.
The reason I quit on-road and will not go back is because the sport puts no value or appreciation for the modiflied class`s....
Old 12-05-2008, 11:09 AM
Tech Elite

Go to one motor (no limit) and split into three classes by driving skill.
Old 12-05-2008, 11:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by minimusprime
And while we're on the subject. I respect vta for what it tries to do. but I don't understand why 17.5 stock sedan can be that class. Is 17.5 really that fast that beginners can't have fun?

It's just not the speed. Watching realistic cars attracts more people and for some is more fun. I'm one of those. When I see pics of all the outragous pant jobs on TCs, it does nothing for me. I see pics of agroup of vintage or RCGT reaistic bodies and I think, that's cool.

Maybe I'm too old and old school.

When I raced TC I actually raced one of the old Volvo Station wagon bodies because I wanted to be different.
Old 12-05-2008, 11:15 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I personally have a lot of respect for someone who can wheel a mod sedan, problem is some tracks are just too small to run mod

So what class should be cut?
Old 12-05-2008, 11:15 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Adam?
Don't cut classes, just make your big races rubber tire only.
+1
Old 12-05-2008, 11:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Get rid of all superstock classes and limit people to 2 classes per race.
Old 12-05-2008, 11:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
Go to one motor (no limit) and split into three classes by driving skill.
That sounds good. But would lead to chaos.

Because you would have all the "less" skilled ppl running 3.5's so they can "keep up" with the skilled 17.5/13.5 guys. They would be bouncing off the walls like pinballs. I know I fall into that "less skilled" category when it comes to mods. LOL

It needs to be still seperated by motor...But have a Novice/Sportsman class of sometype.

The North East Grand Slam hit the formula on the head!

I saw some of the BEST racing in every class (except VTA) at the Halloween.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.