R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-04-2008, 09:36 PM   #1
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Just purchased TRF416.. What should I pick up for spare parts?

Any help guys? I would like to pick up the common breakables and or replace the weak links.

Thanks
Eric
Liquidlogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 12:02 AM   #2
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidlogic View Post
Any help guys? I would like to pick up the common breakables and or replace the weak links.

Thanks
Eric
Wait, why don't you ask in TRF416 thread.
Anyway, even i don't have 416 on my hands yet, but with my experience with 415. I could tell you firstly you try have some "less breakable" aftermarket parts: RC Square's aluminium knuckle, c hub and rear hub; so i understand not any country could buy the items of this small factory, so you have buy more these spare plastic parts for stand by, of course at least you have to change the front axle and have spare drive shaft of Tamiya's steel ones if you could not also to find the titanium ones of Square which i could tell you they are light and hard.
If you run spool you have to pay attention, you need have some spares cups, which is most common parts be broken in any tamiya chassis, and the final kind you must to have are arms, the front ones must have for stand by
mac853 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 12:10 AM   #3
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Dont bother with the alloy stuff. Just get chubs, knuckles, and rear uprights. The IFS chubs are much more durable but flex more than the carbon filled ones. Head over to the 416 thread for all your other Q's
Old 12-05-2008, 03:42 AM   #4
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigM View Post
Dont bother with the alloy stuff. Just get chubs, knuckles, and rear uprights. The IFS chubs are much more durable but flex more than the carbon filled ones. Head over to the 416 thread for all your other Q's
But i think at least the aluminium C hubs is worthy to have, at least i heard from other guys with 416, the 3racing 1 is good too, aluminium knuckles could broke the kingpin and the wrench hole if you really crash too hard, the rear upright could affect a little in the case the lack of traction condition, i saw somebody change plastic rear upright of 415msxx.
mac853 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 03:54 AM   #5
Tech Champion

the trouble with alloy stuff is

1) it can bend easily giving undesirable handling, and you may not even notice its just a little out of shape.

2) its heavier, so this could also affect the balance of the car.

Graphite parts are stiffer than standard plastic items, but they are less durable, hence if you tap a board you stand more of a chance of breaking the graphite part over a plastic part. The graphite should give more responsive handling though, as it makes the part in question stiffer.

hth

The wife stops me being sane and the r/c stops me from going insane....
tc3team is offline   Reply With Quote