R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-01-2002, 02:27 PM   #16
R/C Tech Founder
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Hey, how soon on those Team 1 P2K2s? My T1 GM3 farm is slowly vanishing.

Also, I want to try some of those Yokomo inserts. I see you're out of stock on them at the moment. Hmm, I also need to get a set of foams for my Yokomo. Any idea what those guys are running? I should have asked Jeff when he had his Yok out there with foams.
Old 03-01-2002, 03:28 PM   #17
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

The Team 1 P2K2 based motors should be very soon, probably within the week.

As for the inserts, you must be looking for the mediums. I will check on them for you. I liked the Echo inserts but that is just me.

For foams there really is only 3 compounds to choose from, at least so I am told. Slots purchased Purple and Double Purple, Fossil purchased Double Purples and Purple, Mr. Losi is running Plaid and Purples ('cause that is what Paul runs ). I plain on running Plaid and Purples. I don't think you can go wrong with either combination.

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

Sometimes I post just to look at my avatar.
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002, 03:58 PM   #18
R/C Tech Founder

I suppose logic dictates that I should go with what Paul runs.

I could try the Echo ones also, I haven't tried them yet. I just want a thinner insert, the HPI ones don't seem to allow for enough of a gap between the rubber and the insert, and I need to get a little more traction out of the tires.
Old 03-01-2002, 04:41 PM   #19
Super Moderator

I will bring some tires to the track with echo inserts so you can decide. Maybe the Sorex thin inserts?

Also want to mention that the tire combo page is coming back with new insert options and wheel options and lower prices than they were before. You can choose your choice of inserts, medium and firm or 2 firms or 2 mediums. You can mix and match all you want. The same can be said for tire compounds, Sorex 28's for the front and Sorex 24's for the rear, it is all up to you.

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

Old 03-01-2002, 11:04 PM   #20
Administrator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

good....i like the new site kraig...
Matt M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2002, 10:16 AM   #21
Tech Adept

Hello Kraig,

I checked out your site and it is great. Only thing that didn't work was the "shipping info" button. When I clicked on it, it just opened a new set of identical buttons to the right.

The tires-wheel-insert combo is a great idea !

My questions is if you also ship overseas. Since I live in Europe, Belgium to be precise and I see that the cart automatically selects US I wonder if that is possible for you and at what shipping possibilities and charges ?

I buy a lot of stuff at the moment through Tower and am happy with their service. I usually choose priority/air shipping so it gets here in time. They however do not carry sorex tires or echo inserts.

Could you also elaborate on the different tire compounds from
sorex. What do the numbers 20R,... etc stand for. Probably temp ranges for use but what ranges ?

Thanks and keep up the good work,
Spiller
Spillertwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2002, 11:45 AM   #22
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to wolfeman09 Send a message via Yahoo to wolfeman09

Kraig > Can you do any tire combos with proline gumby rims?

thanks...
wolfeman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2002, 12:21 PM   #23
R/C Tech Founder

One more Q Kraig: Do you recommend the Putnam brushes for P2K2s as well as GM3s, or have you had better luck with the Team 1 4140 or 4141s?
Old 03-05-2002, 12:49 PM   #24
Super Moderator

Spillertwo, sorry about the navigation buttons. I have since fixed that.

As for international orders I have not shipped any to your area but I will and have shipped orders overseas. Whenever someone places an international order I always email him or her for the cost of shipping charges before it is sent. This way there are no surprises. That is another thing that I have fixed in the shopping cart.

As for the Sorex tires the numbers relate to temperature ranges, which the tires are designed for. If my calculations are correct here are the temp. ranges.
CO-24R 71 degree's and lower, 21C and lower
CO-28R 68-84 degrees, 19-28C
CO-32R 81-105 degrees, 27-40C
CO-36R 98-158 degrees, 37-70C

There is another compound that is recommended for nitro sedan. It is CO-40R. The 36R will also work for nitro sedan as well. I guess the CO-20R is for really cold temps; sorry I don't have a temp rating for them.

I hope this helps and sorry for the inconvenience.

Old 03-05-2002, 12:57 PM   #25
Super Moderator

Wolfeman09, let me put something together and get back to you. I am sure I can do something although I don't stock the Pro-line wheels so I would have to order them. Let me see what I can do for you.

Shane, if maintenance really isn't an object the Putnam brushes are probably the way to go. I have found the new 767's seem to be almost as strong as the Putnam's. I don't think you could go wrong with either one though, just how much maintenance work do you really want to do? btw, Todd has had really good results at the big races with people using his brushes.

Old 03-06-2002, 10:39 AM   #26
Super Moderator

wolfeman09, here is what I found. If you were to order with Sorex tires, Gumby Wheels, Sorex or HPI or Echo inserts the price will be $39.99. If you wanted Yok inserts those would be $38.99.

Let me know if I can help out, you can call me at 608-826-7476 if you have any other questions you need answers to.

I also wanted to add that the remaining Sorex Tires will be in stock this week, probably on Thursday.

Last edited by Kraig; 03-06-2002 at 10:43 AM.
Old 03-08-2002, 01:30 PM   #27
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to wolfeman09 Send a message via Yahoo to wolfeman09

Kraig,

You da man!!!! Can I place my order on-line or should I email you for this special request?

thanks again.....
wolfeman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2002, 03:13 PM   #28
Super Moderator

Wolfeman09, either way is fine. Just with the email it is not secured for c/c purposes. Send me an email with what you want and I will take it from there.

All Sorex Tires are in stock now. I also have the coveted Reedy Quasar charger in stock as well. Unfortunately I only have 1 left. So hurry if you want one. I will be ordering more but first come first serve.

Old 03-20-2002, 09:37 AM   #29
Super Moderator

Hello everyone!

I have added the Gumby wheels to the sedan tire combo page. They have the same option as the other combos where you can choose 2 different compounds and 2 different inserts if you want.

We are also discontinuing the line of HPI Dish wheels. We have both black and white versions available. They are $3.00 a pair and the sale is limited to the quantity on hand.

The narrowed version of the 766 brush is available and we are soon going to be offering a narrowed version of the 767 as well.

This is all I can divulge right now but we have more items planned in the near future.

If there is something that you would like us to add just post here and we will address them.

Thank you.

Old 04-15-2002, 03:29 PM   #30
Super Moderator

Just thought I would let everyone know what we have been up to.

1. We put some of our Protoform Sedan Bodies on Sale.

2. We have added some Losi XXX-S parts.

3. We still have Tribo. I have used these drops and all I can say is awesome!

4. We also have Pit Shimizu tires as well.

We also have some other stuff in the works so keep checking back!