R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-14-2008, 01:42 PM   #16
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpraydbySprague View Post
My cells peak a little under 4600MaH simply because I keep the peak detect a little on the low side at 3mV per cell. I tend to be a little conservative and don't want to overheat the cells. This is probably why my charge times are similar to your charge times with the EP4200 cells.

My cells have plenty of punch. I am going to experiment with a higher peak detect and possibly the temp probe, to see how many MaH the cells can take.
Ok , that will be good if you can try it , also , do you race mod because i will and i want to know if i will have enough runtime with a 3.5BL 5 cell pack ?
cyclone speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 03:41 PM   #17
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (88%+)
Send a message via AIM to megasaxon Send a message via Yahoo to megasaxon

Spec Point batteries is a good company to deal with. I know the owner and have raced with him many times. I've also raced his pack before. The are always very strong and have excellent runtime. You should have no problem running 5 minutes with a 3.5 if you buy packs from him...
megasaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 04:15 PM   #18
Tech Elite

Location: Conducting aggressive board meetings at my local track
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone speed View Post
Ok , that will be good if you can try it , also , do you race mod because i will and i want to know if i will have enough runtime with a 3.5BL 5 cell pack ?
The cells should have plenty of capacity. The biggest thing to pay attention to is proper gearing, and driving style. If you are a little heavy on the trigger, you may see a falloff near the end of 5 mins.
I've raced these cells in 4wd offroad 6 cell mod with a 4.5 turn brushless motor (yes 4.5 turn). The damn thing was a rocket for 5 mins straight! I had plenty of capacity left. I went to repeak the cells for the next round and the cells only took about 800 to 900 seconds of charge to top off again.

Three words...

Ready... Steady... Confetti!!!! (gonna need a new one of those)
SpraydbySprague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 12:27 AM   #19
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpraydbySprague View Post
The cells should have plenty of capacity. The biggest thing to pay attention to is proper gearing, and driving style. If you are a little heavy on the trigger, you may see a falloff near the end of 5 mins.
I've raced these cells in 4wd offroad 6 cell mod with a 4.5 turn brushless motor (yes 4.5 turn). The damn thing was a rocket for 5 mins straight! I had plenty of capacity left. I went to repeak the cells for the next round and the cells only took about 800 to 900 seconds of charge to top off again.
Ok i will run a 3.5 BL with 5cell pack. i am a litle bit agressive when driving but i will cm down like everybody is telling me to do.
Thank you for your help .
cyclone speed is offline   Reply With Quote