R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-02-2008, 06:25 AM   #31
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

As long as we keep comparing NiHM to Lipo the discusion will never end. It in a sense is a new class without any rules, we all know Nihm is going away, why even let it in the class. Settle on a motor size, say 13.5 and let 1 cell be stock and 2 cell be super stock. The 2 cell issue seems to be not every chassis will accept them, if they are the new standard within a month there will be 4 conversion kits 2 upgrade kits and 3 new chassis. We know our car builders like to do a new car every year, I wouldn't worry about brand X not being able to handle 2 cell stick lipos, their 09MREftR chassis will.

Neil Armstrong 1968
Cammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 10:23 AM   #32
Tech Elite

A new class with no rules? Not so. Here are the rules for the class as run at the IIC, Halloween Classic, Indoor Champs and at local tracks across the country:

www.worldgtrc.com/WGT_2008_Rules.pdf
Old 12-02-2008, 01:59 PM   #33
Tech Fanatic

And NiMh is going away - not so...

And there is a new chassis every year - not so... The CRC GenX10 is an update of a three-year-old design, and the new RC10R5 is the first new chassis from Associated for almost five years.

I think you really need to check things a bit more before you post. An opinion not based on fact is a cult, and a cult is not enough people to make a minority.

As I've posted elsewhere, 7.4v is too much for these cars, with significant safety concerns in many Associations across the World. It will be a cold day in hell when EFRA and BRCA sanction 7.4v for this or 12th. If you want LiPo, it's single cell. The sooner you stop posting c**p, get your own Rules up and see if there's a market for it, the better.

Stop talking about LiPo and do something. If you're right, then the NiMh class will die a natural death, and everyone will race LiPo single cell. If you're wrong...
SlowerOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 02:30 PM   #34
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

We're racing 1/10th pan 2S lipo / 13.5 on carpet in Utah and loving every minute of it! Honestly I'm glad our locals were open-minded enough to run the class despite all the nay-sayers at the national level who tell us the class was not meant for 2S lipo.
Arboleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 02:43 PM   #35
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

You two have to slow down a little and not start jumping on anything, cult, where the hell did that come from.

WGT is the BRCA designation and doesn't have to be everybodys. Will they build them? If current turnouts are any indication 200 MM pan is displacing touring car and every touring car has an update every year they will build them.

I think alot of peoples point here is why are we sticking with convention when it really is a clean sheet of paper. Let's look to the future and imagine what will be run in 3 years. Maybe I can keep my car for a few.

Cult????WTF

Neil Armstrong 1968
Cammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 03:05 PM   #36
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Since some don't like the idea of single cell Lipo in World GT this new pack we will be releasing might be an idea but it would only work in non T-Plate cars.
Attached Thumbnails
Lipo in World GT Racing-2624sp1.jpg   Lipo in World GT Racing-2624sp2.jpg   Lipo in World GT Racing-2624sp3.jpg  
Danny/SMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 03:20 PM   #37
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I ran my WGT for the first time last weekend with a 2S lipo and a 17.5 on carpet and it was perfect. Faster than stock TC, not twitchy like a 1/12th...perfect. But, I can see how for someone new, it would be too fast. I'm not new, I don't want to go slower.

It seems like the people complaining about 2S lipo are the ones that have something to lose. It's really the same crying that went on when brushless and lipos showed up to begin with. I know, I was one of them.....I'm not switching to that stuff, it's not better, it's dangerous. Then I woke up, sold my old stuff, got new stuff and now, I love RC more than ever.

As long as the cars are adaptable, these things can be run in different classes. It gives people a chance to get into it and then adapt as they get better.
EVILGRAFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 04:35 PM   #38
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

i'm not sure of all the brands of WGT chassis out there, but the CRC takes a 7.4 lipo, the BMI takes a 7.4 lipo, i'm hearing AE is coming out with a lipo chassis. here is my AE with a max amps saddle pack, one of the local tracks is talking about running 7.4 and 13.5 on a large outdoor track next spring summer,

i've talked to verndog about making a better mounting system for the lipo but hes kinda busy with tweak plates and lipo weights hes already making.
Attached Thumbnails
Lipo in World GT Racing-dscf0578.jpg  
Old 12-02-2008, 04:37 PM   #39
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Rfury Send a message via Yahoo to Rfury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny/SMC View Post
Since some don't like the idea of single cell Lipo in World GT this new pack we will be releasing might be an idea but it would only work in non T-Plate cars.
Details Danny, details...
Rfury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 06:11 PM   #40
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowerOne View Post
I think you really need to check things a bit more before you post....
As I've posted elsewhere, 7.4v is too much for these cars......
Running 7.4v with 21.5 BL is a far cry from "too much for these cars". The car is still under weight, and a bit slower then 13.5 4 cell.

Motoring down is cheaper and less trouble then carrying special batteries that are single or very limited use specific.
Verndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 06:27 PM   #41
Company Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rfury View Post
This pack will be availble in January and is intended to be the equivalent of stick pack but Lipo. The size of the case is like a 4600 stick pack with bumps if you want to use them in chassis that uses cutouts.

It's a 2600/24C. Price is to be determined and so is the actual arrival date. At the moment we have no plans to submit it to ROAR as this pack is intended for backyard bashers but it does use the same cells as our 5200/24C pack so it passes ROAR specs.
Old 12-02-2008, 06:33 PM   #42
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rfury View Post
Yeah what he said. Could you post the sizes of this pack, and ratings? Thanks Bill
TheOtherBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 06:39 PM   #43
Company Representative

I'm looking at the drawing and the dimensions are L138mm x W46mm x 23mm.

The sample pack came in today and I will have my employee measure it tomorrow to see the actual measurements.
Old 12-02-2008, 06:40 PM   #44
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Rfury Send a message via Yahoo to Rfury

Interesting Danny, quite interesting.

Maybe this World GT stuff will take off in my area.
Rfury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 07:24 PM   #45
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to John St.Amant Send a message via MSN to John St.Amant Send a message via Yahoo to John St.Amant

One cell! Two cell! Now I need a 2 cell lipo where I had 4 round ones.
Someone make up my mind.....
John St.Amant is offline   Reply With Quote