R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-13-2003, 07:06 AM   #106
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I think you would be much happer if "that" 15 minutes was at Assoicated.. Next Friday..Sucka ??
Oasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 08:19 AM   #107
Tech Addict

YEAH! an "all you can grab" shopping spree at an RC manufacturing plant... NOW YOU ARE TALKIN!
holycow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 08:22 AM   #108
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just take your jumper off, tie the arms in a knot and you have your own bag, fill that with TC3 wishbones and you have enough for a year
berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 10:25 AM   #109
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Graphitedust that is insane. The bikes you road would really beat you to death. Can you still standup straight!! I bet overall you wouldn't have had it any other way.

I agree with Barry Baker as this is a great thing for you kids to get into with their parents. I have done it since the late 80's and it really kept me from getting in trouble. Now I'm 34 and still race but just not as serious as I use to be. I like to help the up and coming racers get faster as then it keeps me pumped to try to go faster as well.

RC or any type is a great hobby to have for years and years. It is a great way to relax and just have fun racing or just bashing in the backyard.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 02:53 PM   #110

Send a message via ICQ to Calvin Ng

r/c helps me get out of trouble......

instead of going out all the time i work on my car i go out for movies sometimes. maybe once a month. but usually on rctech and working on my car all the time. homework is another sotry
Calvin Ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 03:06 PM   #111
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Bubblestc3 Send a message via Yahoo to Bubblestc3

Quote:
Originally posted by Calvin Ng
r/c helps me get out of trouble......

instead of going out all the time i work on my car i go out for movies sometimes. maybe once a month. but usually on rctech and working on my car all the time. homework is another sotry
exactley!

most of my friends from elementry school are now involved in drugs and steeling things, and then there is me.

once my friend invited me to a party, but it was on a race night, so i did not go. well he talked to me the next day saying that he had a knife held to his throat over $20 worth of drugs!!

i mean, they(previous friends) now call me a looser at school, because i am 16, race R/C Cars, don't have my lisence to drive yet, and blow them off each time they ask me to go with them to a party or to the spectrum. good friends ahh?
Bubblestc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 03:11 PM   #112

im 14

and drugs at are school are pretty nuts. some guyz call me loosers too lol... none of my friends do drugs (which is good)
some of them are going out and stuff...i dont think im ready yet and at the age of 14 sounds pretty young to me. there is a pretty good chance your gonna get dumped and stuff sometimes they go out and get drunk and stuff. sounds really stupid to me

only thing im going out with is my r/c car
gets all the attention without even asking
Old 10-13-2003, 03:15 PM   #113
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to icon

kudos to you guys. dont worry, when you finish your education and start working in the real world, the druggies will see who the losers are. they'll only wish they can afford an R/C car.
icon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 03:27 PM   #114
Tech Fanatic

Drinking is another funny thing, a lot of times during my racing they call me on my cell phone all drunk or high and are like...

"hey dude(hiccup), you are missing out on this s*** dude!!!!yeah man, we just drove down the freeway doing 115!!!!"

then i just hang up on them, one of my friends has already totaled his mom's car, then tryed to drift on the freeway doing like 60 or 70 in a xtera!!!!!

but i like racing with all the people(even though they are usually like twice my age)

thanks icon
Old 10-13-2003, 03:29 PM   #115
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Uh i think you have made the wrong friends/people you know.Thats just wrong, things like that are completely moronic.
berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 03:37 PM   #116
Tech Fanatic

well i don't think that they are my friends, just people that i know, and say hi to, but like i never hang out with them anymore(that was all back in elementary school)

i have never done that stuff, and i never will!!!!!!
Old 10-13-2003, 03:57 PM   #117

i wish there were more people like us!

the only catch is that r/c cost alot of money

out of all my friends i think im the most mature.... they do alot of stupid things and get yelled at for.. one time they were going down and up in office buildings jumping them when they go down. eventually this lady asked what the heck they were doing and got in trouble. i do that myself only if im in a elevator and acutally GOING somewhere

one time they were kicking pebbles into wet cement and got yelled at.......

no biggeys but just stupid things
Old 10-13-2003, 04:11 PM   #118
Tech Fanatic

my friend got caught with a qp of "drugs" on his coffie table by his mom once. Although she did nothing about it, but she should have beat his but till he comes to his sences!!!!!

yes, it is VERY expencive, at socal a lot of the pro's get new tires EVERY race night(sorex 36r's with yok inserts and yok dish rims=46.98, with tax), and i get tires as often as i can(which is about once every two months)

and if i had a job, then i proabally would get tires every month or so, just to become more competitive(hopefully).

and my friends(just people that i know, and used to be friends with) usually get in trouble for stuff like getting caught drunk, drinking and driving(which is so stupid!), teacher searching car for drugs, and every now and then a bomb threat(not at my school but at another one close to mine), fights over beer/drugs

yeah stupid things i guess
Old 10-13-2003, 04:18 PM   #119
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I think rc racing is a great thing for a growing kids mind. It not only gives you something to do but smart in life like prearation, organizing, training your brain to react naturally and instinctively with speed and precision.
429racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 04:33 PM   #120
Tech Fanatic

now if only teachers would understand that...