Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Constitutional rights????? >

Constitutional rights?????

Constitutional rights?????

Old 11-27-2008, 07:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default Constitutional rights?????

What happened to freedom of speech? Maybe if I piss and moan enough here enough we can close this thread as well. Seems we cant speak our minds about certain things. If people dont like the consequences of thier actions, maybe they should reevaluate what they do.

...maybe this is my "Pursuit of Happiness". No, Im sure I lost that right as well.
Old 11-27-2008, 07:55 AM
Tech Legend

I commend the moderator`s on this board as just now they killed another bogus thread brew to make hate ....

If they only busted down on those who use double handles ....
Old 11-27-2008, 08:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Look closer at the Constitution...

FREEDOM of SPEECH is a Right, but it does not allow you to speak freely on PRIVATE PROPERTY

The owner and moderators of this PRIVATELY OWNED site, have rights to "moderate", "censor", "delete", and even BAN people at thier free will.

YOU have the right to create your OWN site...and for the most part, saw WHAT you want!!
Old 11-27-2008, 08:16 AM
Tech Addict

This site is like a private club. STFU with that tired argument, it doesn't apply to message boards, nor should it.
Old 11-27-2008, 08:22 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Oh I just love constitutional battles.

The First Ammendment of the Constitution prohibits the government from censoring our speech. It was aimed at political speech but now includes much more.

So under the First Ammendment you are perfectly free to start your own website and rant and rave all you want. It does not give you the right to come on someone else's website and do the same.
Old 11-27-2008, 08:24 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by convikt
What happened to freedom of speech? Maybe if I piss and moan enough here enough we can close this thread as well. Seems we cant speak our minds about certain things. If people dont like the consequences of thier actions, maybe they should reevaluate what they do.

...maybe this is my "Pursuit of Happiness". No, Im sure I lost that right as well.
Just a thought, but if you want a topic dedicated to you where things can get out of hand then maybe you'd be calling for it to be closed?
Old 11-27-2008, 08:38 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by convikt

Freedom of speech protects you from the government not private entities.

If I stood on your front lawn with a sigh that read "You're a complete and total moron" would you not be able to tell me to leave because you're infringing on my freedom of speech?
Old 11-27-2008, 08:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

If you picked up the tab at the strip joint, you would be protected too.
Old 11-27-2008, 08:50 AM
Tech Regular

Talking

i can't belive that a free to use message board doesn't allow me to rant and rave and post xxx rated broke back mtn pics!

because if they allow you to post away i would post all the pics of naked men i have on my pc!

ingorance is bliss.......ask me i'm an expert!
Old 11-27-2008, 08:59 AM
Tech Master

Thats fine for the mods to delete anything they want...not talking about them directly. I'm talking about wining mofo's that stick up for other people, and send numerous complaints to the moderators to delete the post. You have the right NOT to "click" on any thread, just like the rest of us have the right to say what is on our minds. This "private club" requires memebership, which we are clearly members of. If this was some average joe, and not someone that gave a motor or 2 away, then this wouldnt even be an issue. But, again, I am a member of this "community" and I have the right to say whats on my mind. Like it or not. Ban me, delete me, cancel my precious membership as I will make it though life with out the womanly gosip that people get pissy over.

Thats ok, anyone can distort the meanings of our constitution, that almost means nothing anymore anyways. Time for Turkey and family. Yes, even a piece of Shit like me has family. Ooops I said SHIT. Maybe I will get banned from here permanently. But thats ok. At least my pursiut of happiness can not be taken away.
Old 11-27-2008, 09:01 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by EricW
Freedom of speech protects you from the government not private entities.

If I stood on your front lawn with a sigh that read "You're a complete and total moron" would you not be able to tell me to leave because you're infringing on my freedom of speech?

Its welcomed! My wife calls me much worse.
Old 11-27-2008, 09:04 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

should ban whiners too, especially if someone posts something negative, or not popular they automatically think you made a double handle or something
Old 11-27-2008, 09:23 AM
Tech Legend

Default Whiner beats Hater

How can posting bad about members of our sport be help full ?

Good thing our RcTech moderator`s know what is really going on !!!
Old 11-27-2008, 09:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

It’s really sad that Americans live in a country that gives them an amazing amount of freedom, but so many are such morons that they don't even bother learning the rights that our great forefathers laid out for them.

If you have a kid, do them a favor; make sure they don’t flunk civics class like you did.

I see the same ignorant comment by equally ignorant posters on just about every board I’m a member of. It’s kind of sad.
Old 11-27-2008, 11:10 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Happy Thanksgiving everybody.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.