Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thunder Power Rc 40C 5000 Lipo

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2008, 09:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Despite the silly 40C "marketing" rating, this is actually an incredibly good battery pack in terms of power, mfg quality and safety.
Thunderpower uses a different mfg on this one compared to their lower lineup.
Old 11-27-2008, 09:25 AM
Tech Master

I have been using them in my airplanes for a while now they seem pretty dead on

I will wait to see when my dealer gets them
Old 11-27-2008, 09:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by linger
Despite the silly 40C "marketing" rating, this is actually an incredibly good battery pack in terms of power, mfg quality and safety.

+1
Old 11-27-2008, 09:32 AM
Tech Legend

If their is anyone on this board I trust about Li-Po , its Linger .....
Old 11-27-2008, 10:43 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by linger
+2
Old 11-27-2008, 11:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

even if some how they really do have 40c, the only way you will notice it is if you are running 2 or 3 turn mod. in a stock 17.5 or 13.5 you will never be able to use all that power. but who knows i could be wrong.
Old 11-27-2008, 11:33 AM
Tech Adept

Cycle #s on my GFX are...

Pack #1
518 Rt
3.2 Ir
7.58 Av Voltage @ 35 amp..

Best Ive seen out there..

Originally Posted by Adis
Thunderpower:

what are the dimmentions of this pack?

Who makes the cells?

How do you know these packs have a true 40C rating?

What method and equipment did you use to check their C rating?

Would you please post the numbers after a 35C discharge test? IR, Average voltage, etc
Old 11-27-2008, 11:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I would actually expect you to see a reply fairly soon, probably after the holidays.

ThunderPower has a new facility in Las Vegas NV. and has just started getting into LIPO power for GROUND/Racing Use.

This is a pretty NEW division for them, but one of the guys working in this division has been involved in R/C Racing a long time.

Jim Skinner is the Product Service / Development Manager at Thunder Power R/C and is a veteran to On-Road, Oval and Electric DRAG racing. Knowing him personally, I can tell you Jim is generally a NO B.S. guy...

I know HE and the company are hungry to get into the RACING market, so instead of BASHING, ask questions...ask for information, and I'd bet if he doesn't have it at his fingertips, he'll get it, or implement a means to get it.
Old 11-27-2008, 11:51 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Conducting aggressive board meetings at my local track
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SWTour
I would actually expect you to see a reply fairly soon, probably after the holidays.

ThunderPower has a new facility in Las Vegas NV. and has just started getting into LIPO power for GROUND/Racing Use.

This is a pretty NEW division for them, but one of the guys working in this division has been involved in R/C Racing a long time.

Jim Skinner is the Product Service / Development Manager at Thunder Power R/C and is a veteran to On-Road, Oval and Electric DRAG racing. Knowing him personally, I can tell you Jim is generally a NO B.S. guy...

I know HE and the company are hungry to get into the RACING market, so instead of BASHING, ask questions...ask for information, and I'd bet if he doesn't have it at his fingertips, he'll get it, or implement a means to get it.
Well I guess we should be seeing some posts from Thunder Power answering the questions soon. Honest answers from the company are all some of us are looking for.
Old 11-27-2008, 12:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

OK guys.... Put The Kool Aid Down........

Why is everything being questioned all of a sudden ??? Cause one guy who doesnt have a 30+ c rated cell on the market or a device to test c ratings is saying to ????

I have a buddy who races with me alot , also happens to develope lipo battery systems for hybrid and all electric automobiles ... He laughed at the false lipo claim thread, and is probably laughing at the guys questioning the 40c as well... There are far far superior batterys out there that just havent made it to the rc industry yet cause of cost and other reasons.. And when new cells are developed the other cells become cheaper and brought into different industries. So dont let one person tell you to question every product that comes out. Let these companies bring out there products, give us there spec and either by them or dont. Thunder Power knows lipos, they have been around for a while now and not just in rc cars, they have stuff for heli's and planes as well.. I do not own any thunder power products but a few guys at the track i race at have the thunder power charger and say its awesome... So give companys a chance.

My 5200 35c cycled out better than my 5000 28c by a good margin so i fail to see how its being falsely advertised...
Old 11-27-2008, 04:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wallstreet

Why is everything being questioned all of a sudden ??? Cause one guy who doesnt have a 30+ c rated cell on the market or a device to test c ratings is saying to ????

I have a buddy who races with me alot , also happens to develope lipo battery systems for hybrid and all electric automobiles ... He laughed at the false lipo claim thread, and is probably laughing at the guys questioning the 40c as well... There are far far superior batterys out there that just havent made it to the rc industry yet cause of cost and other reasons.. And when new cells are developed the other cells become cheaper and brought into different industries. So dont let one person tell you to question every product that comes out. Let these companies bring out there products, give us there spec and either by them or dont. Thunder Power knows lipos, they have been around for a while now and not just in rc cars, they have stuff for heli's and planes as well.. I do not own any thunder power products but a few guys at the track i race at have the thunder power charger and say its awesome... So give companys a chance.

My 5200 35c cycled out better than my 5000 28c by a good margin so i fail to see how its being falsely advertised...
Thunderpower does make really good heli and airplane lipos. We just want the numbers.

SMC has set a standard. They've been upfront and have won many over with their honesty in posting their numbers on their packs and people are just more informed now. People want the numbers...hopefully Thunderpower will post their numbers ASAP...if not I'm sure "SOMEONE" might buy a couple packs and put them to the test and make it public so we have an idea.
Old 11-27-2008, 04:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Humpty posted some #s in post #22
Old 11-27-2008, 05:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Humpty
Cycle #s on my GFX are...

Pack #1
518 Rt
3.2 Ir
7.58 Av Voltage @ 35 amp..

Best Ive seen out there..

Great job posting them Humpty!
Old 11-27-2008, 05:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I think SMC is basically trying to get market share by doing that thread. He claims his cells are made in Japan and from what I know the high rate lipo cells are being made in Korea, Taiwan and China. I have yet to see a Japanese company offer high rate lipos. SO you guys just believes what he says, but he doesn't tell you where he got his cells from like you guys are asking TP here. Maybe TP found another cell manufacturer because Enerland are not making anything over 30C or maybe Enerland is making them and we all know that the best packs out there use Enerland or some other good cell manufacturer.
Old 11-27-2008, 05:37 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wallstreet

Read closely people, the man makes some good points there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.