Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Thunder Power Rc 40C 5000 Lipo >

Thunder Power Rc 40C 5000 Lipo

Thunder Power Rc 40C 5000 Lipo

Reply

Old 01-01-2009, 05:02 PM
  #226  
Tech Master
iTrader: (17)
 
Ron Goetter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Goatsville, PA
Posts: 1,950
Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Travis Wait View Post
can anyone tell me if they got this battery to fit in a Losi JRXS type R? I have ordered a couple of these batteries in the hopes that they do fit in the car. I relize I may have to do the pulley mod and grind alittle on the bulk head and lipo tray but just wanted to see if thats about all i need to do.
Thank you in advance!!

Cant wait to give these Beast's a try. Should be a huge change for me. Im still running a orion 4800 20c so should be a big kick in the pants for the ole 13.5 rubber car.
With the plastic tray they drop right in. With the steel tray you have to make a little room for them by grinding on the bulkheads.
Ron Goetter is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 05:14 PM
  #227  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (7)
 
Travis Wait's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Perrysville IN
Posts: 100
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Drop right in with out spacing the pulleys farther apart? I am using the lipo tray so guess i will be busting out the dremel. Do the packs fit down in the lipo tray its self or does the tray need to be ground on alittle bit to get to fit down in it.. Thank you again for the fast respond!!!
Travis Wait is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 05:20 PM
  #228  
Tech Master
iTrader: (17)
 
Ron Goetter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Goatsville, PA
Posts: 1,950
Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Travis Wait View Post
Drop right in with out spacing the pulleys farther apart? I am using the lipo tray so guess i will be busting out the dremel. Do the packs fit down in the lipo tray its self or does the tray need to be ground on alittle bit to get to fit down in it.. Thank you again for the fast respond!!!
I know the pulleys don't have to be widened. Not sure bout the tray cause mine is already widened for the smc pack
Ron Goetter is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 05:28 PM
  #229  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (7)
 
Travis Wait's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Perrysville IN
Posts: 100
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

ok, excellent cant wait to give them a try.
Thank you!!!
Travis Wait is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 05:52 PM
  #230  
Tech Elite
 
Skiddins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Windsor, UK
Posts: 4,820
Default

Do Thunder Power have a UK distributor?

Thanks
Skiddins
Skiddins is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 12:00 AM
  #231  
Tech Addict
 
Adam?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: ohhh, that guy...
Posts: 639
Default

Hey guys, any word on when more of these packs will go out to the online stores?
Adam? is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 05:52 AM
  #232  
Tech Regular
 
quantum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 351
Default

which balance connector do the thunder power batteries use?
thnx in advance
quantum is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 09:00 AM
  #233  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (112)
 
wstuart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 2,001
Trader Rating: 112 (98%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Adam? View Post
Hey guys, any word on when more of these packs will go out to the online stores?


+1, I just bough a 4200 on backorder from ultraline hobbies and am wondering when they might get it
wstuart is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 09:04 AM
  #234  
Tech Master
iTrader: (28)
 
ChristopherKee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 1,005
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by quantum View Post
which balance connector do the thunder power batteries use?
thnx in advance

They use the thunder power 4 wire balance connector. 2.0mm spacing.
ChristopherKee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 11:12 AM
  #235  
Tech Elite
 
Skiddins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Windsor, UK
Posts: 4,820
Default

Originally Posted by ChristopherKee View Post
They use the thunder power 4 wire balance connector. 2.0mm spacing.
Does anyone have slightly better info on the baance plug?
I know that Core uses a JST-XH for example (or is it EH...can't remember but you get the idea )

Thanks
Skiddins
Skiddins is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 11:15 AM
  #236  
Tech Addict
 
Adam?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: ohhh, that guy...
Posts: 639
Default

Originally Posted by Skiddins View Post
Does anyone have slightly better info on the baance plug?
I know that Core uses a JST-XH for example (or is it EH...can't remember but you get the idea )

Thanks
Skiddins
http://www.allerc.com/product_info.p...oducts_id=3162

That's the adapter I'm using for my Hyperion chargers. They list a few other brands that seem to use the "TP" style plug.
Adam? is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 01:43 PM
  #237  
Tech Elite
 
Skiddins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Windsor, UK
Posts: 4,820
Default

Cheers.

Does anyone know how the 4 wires in the connector relate to the cells in the pack.
Am I right in thinking it's a 2s2p?

How do you balance that configuration?

Thanks
Skiddins
Skiddins is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 03:45 PM
  #238  
EVS
Tech Adept
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 228
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

I just talked to a rep. at thunder power and he told me that the 40c soft pack prodject has been scrapped. I am just looking for a 40c pack that can fit in my Losi Type R with the metal tray and no mods. Thanks
EVS is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 04:03 PM
  #239  
Tech Master
iTrader: (17)
 
Ron Goetter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Goatsville, PA
Posts: 1,950
Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)
Default

Originally Posted by EVS View Post
I just talked to a rep. at thunder power and he told me that the 40c soft pack prodject has been scrapped. I am just looking for a 40c pack that can fit in my Losi Type R with the metal tray and no mods. Thanks
if you want a 40c pack that fits with no mods... I've yet to find one... I can say this much this pack fits with the least amount of work of all the packs. All you have to do is widen the tray a little and take a little off the bulkheads.. pretty much every lipo on the market thats worth a crap you have to widen the tray for......
Ron Goetter is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 05:00 PM
  #240  
Tech Adept
Thread Starter
 
ThunderPowerRC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 100
Default

Originally Posted by Skiddins View Post
Cheers.

Does anyone know how the 4 wires in the connector relate to the cells in the pack.
Am I right in thinking it's a 2s2p?

How do you balance that configuration?

Thanks
Skiddins

The balance wire config is as follows:

Black - connected to the black neg wire
White - connected to one set cells positive
Blue - connected to the red pos wire
Orange - not use

This is a 2S2P and balances the same as a 2S1P

Hope this helps
ThunderPowerRC is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service