R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-22-2008, 01:59 PM   #211
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have been using the 610 charger recently and it does a superb job balancing the cells....honestly my TP packs have never been off more then .01 anyways.
Old 12-22-2008, 04:39 PM   #212
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Got my 610 charger and two 5000 40c packs in Friday. Saturday I used the 610 to balance my older packs . Can't say enough this charger is amazing and simple to use Sunday I got a chance to run the new packs WOW insane rip. Way better then any other pack I've ever run . Would like to take a second to thank Jim Skinner and Thunder power rc for taking me on as driver in the up coming 09 season. Going to be a great one for TP
Old 12-25-2008, 06:57 PM   #213
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to goop

my pack started off strong but the more i ran it the slower it got?

TOP Racing - Gravity Rc - Contact tires - KO Propo - Competition Electronics

Last edited by goop; 01-04-2009 at 07:11 PM.
goop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 11:18 AM   #214
EVS
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Any word on the 40c 5000 soft packs yet?
EVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 01:13 PM   #215
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default TP

are these on your web site

Last edited by miket3; 12-31-2008 at 01:58 PM.
miket3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 07:14 PM   #216
Tech Regular

Any reason why none of these batteries are on your website? I would think you would wanna advertise on there first no? Also will there be any specials on the newely announced packs like there was on the 40c 5000? I would rather buy direct since horizon is showing like two months for the 5000 40c pack. I bought it direct and got it rite away. I want e few of the 8000 22c to test out in some 1/8 monsters
Dragonfueled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 02:52 AM   #217
Tech Rookie

Hello everyone,

We hope you all enjoyed a very merry Christmas and would like to wish everyone a very happy New Year!

Here also are a few quick updates and more information on many new Race series batteries and other topics:

We’re very excited to announce that the all-new 2S 7.4V 3200mah Pro Race 40C batteries (TP3200-2SPR) are indeed in stock and shipping! MAP/street price is $84.99, and although the quantities available are limited at the moment, we’ll have a very good supply in the next few weeks just in time for Snowbirds Also, these batteries feature our “rounded” case housing design with rounded corners more similar to those found on “shotgun-style” sub-C battery packs. The rounded case design also includes “bumps” on the bottom that simulate side-by-side sub-C battery pack arrangements allowing it to fit a wide variety of chassis designs with no modifications required. Production samples were sent to ROAR for testing a few weeks ago and we expect them to be ROAR approved in the very near future (we’ll let everyone know as soon as hear back). On another very positive note, these 3200mAh cells are among the first of our 40C+ cells to feature our newest materials and chemistry expected to offer performance beyond that of other similar capacity and/or C rating cells currently or soon to be available. We’ll post cell/pack performance data for reference in the coming days.

Also, for those that prefer cases with bumps on the bottom, the same rounded case housing design featured on the 2S 7.4V 3200mAh Pro Race 40C series batteries will also be featured on a number of our other Sport Race and Pro Race series battery offerings. Here are the dimensions for the rounded case design, along with a list of the other Race series batteries that will feature the same case:

Rounded Case Dimensions - 23.5mm H x 46.5mm W x 138mm L

TP2700-2SSR; 2700mAh 2S 7.4V Sport Race 25C LiPo w/Case - $49.99

TP3300-2SSR; 3300mAh 2S 7.4V Sport Race 25C LiPo w/Case - $59.99

TP4300-2SSR; 4300mAh 2S 7.4V Sport Race 25C LiPo w/Case - $74.99

TP4200-2SPR; 4200mAh 2S 7.4V Pro Race 40C LiPo w/Case - $99.99

The rounded case also features the same unique wire lead exit design as our “standard” case which allows the main power and balancing connector wire leads to be run flush with the top or end of the battery as needed (please see the photos included with post #133 in this thread for better reference).

EVS,

We’re still working to finalize the details of our 5000mAh 40C “soft packs” for aircraft use but hope to publish more info on them during the month of January. A number of pilots of large-scale electric ducted fan (EDF) aircraft capable of speeds up to 200mph+ are ready to begin flight testing in the coming weeks when we make samples available. We’re very confident these packs will provide a level of performance never before seen in these (and other applicable) classes of models.

Dragonfueled,

We apologize that our web site is not more up to date. We’re actually in the midst of preparing to move our office and production staff/equipment into our newly renovated corporate center (we’ve added a significant amount of additional office, R&D/testing and storage space to better accommodate the explosive amount of growth we’ve experienced in the hobby, UAV, military and other sectors in recent years) along with shipping hundreds of new aircraft and surface category products. These issues, coupled with our opening for a Marketing Manager/Director (we are now accepting applications for these marketing positions…please send a PM if you or anyone you know may be interested in sending a resume for review ), have unfortunately kept us from updating our web and print media. However, once we’re settled in (and/or fill the open marketing positions) we expect to give the web site, along with our online and print advertising, a complete overhaul. In the meantime up-to-date product and price lists are always available via email, plus our distributors and dealers will be updating their sites regularly as more info is made available (and their time allows).

Also, we don’t plan to run any additional special pricing promotions directly in the foreseeable future, however, please be sure to check with the various distributors and dealers that sell our products as many of them offer special pricing and discounts on various products from time to time. In regard to ordering direct versus ordering through our distributor and dealer network, please note that we often assemble many batteries to order and typically have thousands of batteries in the order queue every day. As a result direct orders placed through us can sometimes take upwards of 5-10 days to ship.

You are certainly welcome to order/backorder through us directly, however, it does not always ensure you will receive your order before other distributors, dealers and end-users as orders are typically shipped in the order in which they were received. In most cases our distributors place their initial orders as soon as new products are announced so they often receive shipments of new products sooner. Also, distributors like Horizon typically list very conservative (late) ETAs for new items that have strong initial/backorder demand as they’re not always certain how soon they’ll be able to ship all backorders and arrive in an open stock position.

In regard to the 8000mAh Sport Race 22C series batteries in particular, they will be available through most distributors/dealers in February but you can place a backorder for them now through us directly (or any of our distributors/dealers) to better ensure you will receive them as soon as they’re available.

All,

There have been some questions and concerns raised regarding the performance data we’ve published in recent weeks. Please be assured that all data we publish is presented as accurately and honestly as possible. Neither we nor our cell manufacturers manipulate the results we gather and data we present.

And while some other manufacturers/value-add suppliers of LiPo batteries in the RC market may be investing a few thousand dollars in hobby industry/quality equipment to conduct their future testing, to help further improve the efficiency, accuracy and overall quality of the cell/pack testing we conduct in-house and the data we publish, we plan to invest approximately $40,000+ in world-wide battery industry standard testing equipment that meets NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology) standards in the coming months. For those that may not be aware, we are not a company that does business solely in the RC industry. We provide LiPo battery and other charging/power solutions to a number of UAV, military, government, university and other industry customers. For example, many of the “man-backpackable” UAVs currently deployed in Iraq and Afghanistan (such as the Lockheed Martin Desert Hawk) use LiPo battery solutions that we’ve helped design, engineer and test, and that are assembled in our Las Vegas based production facility. While the investment in this new equipment is quite substantial, we feel it is a necessary step in further establishing our position as a world-leader in supplying LiPo battery solutions to the RC and other industries.

Our staff, along with our team of world-class and world-champion airplane and 3D helicopter pilots and drivers including Quique Somenzini (current F3A airplane world-champion), Jason Shulman, Andrew Jesky, Alan Szabo, Jason Krause, Lukas Riva (current 3D heli world-champion), Josh Cyrul (28-time ROAR US national champion) and many more are not only committed to providing and supporting high-quality, high-performance and high-value products, but also to providing the most accurate and relevant feedback and performance data possible. However, we also look forward to any feedback and performance data you can offer as we know that how our products perform in the hands of our customers is what truly matters most!

Thank you again for your continued support, and with it we look forward to a great 2009!
Jason/TPRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 07:27 AM   #218
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to dakilo

Old 12-31-2008, 09:07 AM   #219
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

You should have put that part about supplying lipos to the military and the $40,000 testing investment in a separate post. It kind of gets lost in that wall of text you put up there =)
ChristopherKee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 11:13 AM   #220
Tech Master

Last night I ran my packs heated to 110deg ,and was able to smash fast lap on our layout by 2 tenths. Also Tq'ing by full lap ,and putting over a lap on the fastest pace of layout. For anyone looking for a new lipo I highly recomend giving a Thunder power 40c pack a try
Old 12-31-2008, 11:59 AM   #221
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Did I miss the dimmensions in that big post?
I thought he said here's the dimmensions?
Old 12-31-2008, 01:40 PM   #222
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason/TPRC View Post
Rounded Case Dimensions - 23.5mm H x 46.5mm W x 138mm L
Old 12-31-2008, 02:17 PM   #223
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Like I said... I completely missed it in the post
But now that you pointed it out and I went back and looked for it I see it.
My bad...
Old 12-31-2008, 03:17 PM   #224
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason/TPRC View Post
Hello again everyone,

Other products in the works include 4200-4600mAh Pro Race 40C batteries, saddle pack batteries and (possibly) 1S 3.7V batteries.
Hello Jason,

It's great to hear that TP is now producing excellent products geared for the car market. With Josh on board and (the others) as well then we will have many great products to choose from for our needs so Thank You.

That being said I have a product request for you to consider. One of your competitors has released a 1S 3.7 4000 Lipo brick pack for 1/12th link car, this pack is not ideal for us saddle pack users for many reasons. At this time "he" has stated that he will not consider making a saddle for awhile, and maybe not at all. Without starting a war with him (which I don't feel is wise or even neccesary) I would think that if you would come out with a saddle pack configuration than we would be able to move this class forward without leaving anyone out. Basically the link guys are happy and some have no sympathy for the t-bar car users which ironically probably out number the link guys. I understand that the rules are not stable yet, and I am not expecting a product quickly but if you are aware of the need and will look into this then that all I can ask. Please feel free to respond to me on here or through PM if you would like to hear more on this. I have been racing 1/12th since 1980 and have much experience in this class that I am willing to give if needed.

Thanks for your time,
Steve Curry
Fasttrax Racing Series / NORA On Road Series
corallyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 06:00 PM   #225
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

can anyone tell me if they got this battery to fit in a Losi JRXS type R? I have ordered a couple of these batteries in the hopes that they do fit in the car. I relize I may have to do the pulley mod and grind alittle on the bulk head and lipo tray but just wanted to see if thats about all i need to do.
Thank you in advance!!

Cant wait to give these Beast's a try. Should be a huge change for me. Im still running a orion 4800 20c so should be a big kick in the pants for the ole 13.5 rubber car.
Travis Wait is offline   Reply With Quote