R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Looking for High End ESC (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/25599-looking-high-end-esc.html)

NismoSkyline17 10-07-2003 08:56 PM

Looking for High End ESC

I just sold my GM V12XC due to it being discontinued. I'm looking for a replacement, but haven't found one that I really like. I'm sort of torn between the GM SX12W and the KO VFS2000. I just don't know a whole lot about it as far as how does it stack up to the V12XC as far a the on resistence and drive frequency? I'm leaning more to the VFS2000 sinse it is easier for me to get and KO seems to be more reliable a far as my radio is concerned. I would GREATLY appreciate some help in making a descission.

seriousre 10-07-2003 11:16 PM

LRP has always been my fav
IPC ver 7.1
Quantum competition

top of my list, unless you need reverse
F1 Pro Reverse
Quantum Pro Reverse

Probably doesnt help much though

Speedie 10-07-2003 11:46 PM

Novak all the way

A gt7 is what you are looking for. It has it all high end features and reliability.

Claydoh 10-08-2003 07:17 AM

And you can't beat Novak's customer service and repair policy.

Rob Mincey 10-08-2003 07:29 AM

Don't rule out the Keyence Zero V Extreme. I've used it for a year now with no problems.

The GT7's are also very nice, and a bit cheaper than the Keyence.

Rob

RCGaryK 10-08-2003 08:28 AM

Just because GM discontinued a speedo, why whould you sell yours?

Don't forget about the super tiny SX9 from GM. I have used one in a couple of my sedans, and it is really nice. Just as smooth as the V12's and nearly 50% smaller. KO makes that same speedo for Hot Bodies and Tamiya, and they all have the computer/handheld interface. I have one of the HB versions coming, I'll let you know how it works.

versa 10-08-2003 08:52 AM

Keyence Zero V Extreme

best specs out there
and no other ESC out there greets you with a "HELLO" when you turn it on.

nuff said'

NismoSkyline17 10-09-2003 02:12 PM

Originally posted by RC Driver Gary
Just because GM discontinued a speedo, why whould you sell yours?

Don't forget about the super tiny SX9 from GM. I have used one in a couple of my sedans, and it is really nice. Just as smooth as the V12's and nearly 50% smaller. KO makes that same speedo for Hot Bodies and Tamiya, and they all have the computer/handheld interface. I have one of the HB versions coming, I'll let you know how it works.

Figured it was time for a change and someone made me a good offer. I had just seen the Tamiya one last night and it looks awesome. Same price as the KO but what do you expect for the same ESC. Haven't seen the Hot Bodies one yet but I'm sure they are the same prices too. The reason I don't get a SX9 is because I have heard too many stories of them burning up. I won't get another LRP because I saw my old 7.1 catch fire. So I'm prolly gonna get the KO/Tamiya/Hot Bodies ESC. Thanks for all your input.

StephenSobottka 10-09-2003 05:47 PM

I really like my gt7 and Keyence zero-v extreme

TSR6 10-09-2003 05:54 PM

Originally posted by RC Driver Gary
I have one of the HB versions coming, I'll let you know how it works.
I have the HB Twister. I really like it compared to my TC2. I also ran a LRP Quantum for a short time, but thats another story. :weird:

I have nothing bad to say about it, other the RX lead was a little short for my XXX-S. It wasn't a big deal, I just can't mount my XXtra vertical on the belt tunnel. It's really smooth, and isn't lacking with punch either. I wouldnt mind trying the programmer to play with the settings. ( Gary, If you know someone with the programmer, let me know! )

Korey Harbke 10-09-2003 07:21 PM

I'm looking into getting a new ESC as well. I'm torn between the LRP Quantum Comp and anything based off the VFS. I have one question about the VFS though. Have you guys had any problems with it just turning off while running. There was a guy around here that had one turn off for no reason sometimes. It wasn;t overheating or anything either.

-Sushi Boy

Roger 10-09-2003 07:30 PM

the keyence sero extreme is a nice esc. The KO esc is nice also but, if you do decide on the KO, remember to have someone change the profile for it cause I hear that when you buy it brand new, it has a 12 turn limit. I guess there's a class in Japan that only limits drivers to use 12 turn motors. I was told this by a highly reputable driver that is sponsored by KO. Goodluck.

NismoSkyline17 10-09-2003 07:35 PM

Thats why if I get the VFS2000, I'll get it with the setting adaptor.:D

fraz 10-09-2003 07:42 PM

I've had my Keyence Zero V Extreme for almost 2 years and it is killer. It's got on board internal temp display and timer as well as being programable. The thing is the best I have ever seen even though it is pricey. I also have a GT7 but I only have one race on it so I cannot say too much about it yet.

NismoSkyline17 10-09-2003 07:48 PM

The keyence is definately cheaper than the VFS2000 with setting adaptor and it seems like an awesome esc.