R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-07-2003, 12:10 PM   #31
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to mike_Webb

Slamdad..

Quick Question... This is from Shopatron..

EPIC Motorsports - 6 CELL TEAM MATCHED GP 3300 MAH BAT PACK $99.99

Trinity Team Packs- 6 Cell Team Matched VIS GP 3300 89.95

and

SMC - GP Matched Battery $85.80

Via Web Site

ZX Racing Plantnum 1.175+ 400+ 64.95

Promatch Racing 1.170+ 390+

Fukuyama Racing 1.175+ 390+ 59.95

How are Trintiy Cells cheaper? At least with the ZX Racing you get the battery bars and I think you get heat shrink with all packs.
mike_Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 12:25 PM   #32
Tech Addict

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

you are right TEAMAE, their marketing tactics may not be to everyone's liking but 85% of use use there products every weekend, if your going to run stock and it's not a handout race, the monster is the motor of choice.(for most races). nobody every likes the big boy on the block.

The ONE that DIES with the Most Toys WINS!!!
ICEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 12:30 PM   #33
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to komkit Send a message via AIM to komkit Send a message via Yahoo to komkit
Default Re: Time to step in!

Quote:
Originally posted by Slamdad
Since everyone seems to be trashing Trinity without knowing all the facts, I will take it upon myself to clear a few things.

1) Trinity does not purchase their cells from GP USA. They purchase directly from Gold Peak overseas.

2) Gold Peak USA has no dealings with Trinity.

I thought the GPINA is the sole distributor in North America.

Well, if Trinity did in fact purchased these cells from an oversea GP distributor.

Ummm, wouldn't that be a conflicts of interest among GP's distributors?

Maybe the money talk!
Old 10-07-2003, 01:07 PM   #34
Tech Adept

Default Re: Time to step in!

Quote:
Originally posted by Slamdad
I've just stated all FACTS, NO LIES.
Any thing else you would liked cleared up, you can post here.

Sarquis
Trinity
Here is what needs cleared up:
http://www.gpina.com/consumer/hobby/index.htm
"DISCLAIMER: GP Batteries does not manufacture custom cells nor participate in any exclusive agreements to make available special cells for any company in the hobby or race car industry."

http://www.epicmotorsports.com/batteries/batteries.asp
"EPIC has teamed with GP to produce our own custom made & hand picked cell which boasts the highest voltage and biggest capacity in R/C!"

Keep in mind the GP website says GP Batteries. It does not say anything about GP USA. It looks like GP has posted that disclaimer on their website just to discredit the claim posted on the EPIC website. At least that is what it looks like to me when I read it.

So clear this up for us. Are EPIC and GP really producing custom made and hand picked cells that have higher voltage and capacity than other GP cells? Or is GP shipping EPIC the same cells it ships the other battery matchers?
Shiloh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 01:14 PM   #35
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Good for trinity to buy from overseas, but so what? Did GP not state on their website that they do not custom build batteries?
You seem to be implying they do.

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 01:14 PM   #36
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default I'm not on either side of this argument, but I will say this...

I've been in RC for quite a while and for the life of me, I just can't figure out why so many people focus their anger at Trinity. No company makes all good stuff, no company makes all bad stuff. Anyone who tells you different is lying to you!

As far as I'm concerned, the people here are no different than people who hate Microsoft and Bill Gates. They hate everything they do, make, or say.....yet, they can't do any better! Sounds like playa hatin' to me....

Ridiculous!

'uhhh.....I tell you one thing, Ernie and Trinity wont be getting any of my money....' Okay, then you've made your decision, why keep talking about it? If you hate Trinity's or any other company's stuff, don't buy it. SIMPLE! But spare us all these tire a** threads(theres like a new one every month!) about how that company is the devil itself...people its old!!!! Their a business trying to make money, thats it thats all, just like Reedy, Orion or Yokomo...their all in it for the money. So how is one worse than the others

Find something new to complain about and get a life people!
Old 10-07-2003, 01:37 PM   #37
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Claydoh

Well, you can't compare them to Microsoft. Trinity motors, certainly the Monster, work. And Trinity hasn't broken any laws to gain and maintain an illegal monopoly. Trinity isn't damaging racing by unfair business practices and standards that lock out the competion. Or threaten security due to poor engineering.

Next to Microsoft, Trinity is great bunch of guys who maybe got a little carried away with the marketing lingo.

And I can do better, I use a Mac
Claydoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 01:58 PM   #38
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

If the latest GP cells only have different shrink wrap....why are they putting different part #'s on them.

years back those letter suffixes really meant a alot in cell composition, characteristics, etc.

SC
SCK
SCR
SCE

?
fast-ho-cars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 02:06 PM   #39
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to komkit Send a message via AIM to komkit Send a message via Yahoo to komkit

Shiloh is right. Will some "real offical" from Trinity come out and clear this for all of us?

I never said Trinity's stuff is bad, they are good. I am using some Trinity's stuff as well. I will continue to use it as usual.

It's just sound like Trinity is the Microsoft wannbe.

Quote:
"DISCLAIMER: GP Batteries does not manufacture custom cells nor participate in any exclusive agreements to make available special cells for any company in the hobby or race car industry."
Yet, in the GP's FAQ page said that "We have an Engineer in the house" ready to assist you with the design of the optimal battery for customer application.

Perhaps, for only R/C market that GP does not do a "Magic cell" for but custom made for everything else.

Who know maybe an OEM GP cells that EPIC is getting....
Old 10-07-2003, 02:31 PM   #40
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

guys even with the diclaimer that gp says that they dont make special cells, i have strange things happen before remember money talks and bull shit walks. when you have somewhat a control over a market like r/c even to a batt manufacture even if its a small sigment of their buisness if you can increase their profit they will sit there and say show me the money and all ernie has to say is how much and here it is>
now i am not sticking up for the man but he is one of the smartest men in r/c and has done well for himself but as far as advertising all of them lie.! he has done a lot of good thing and bad things remember guys its a buisness to them as to us its a hobby! and if you needed to sell what you own i bet about 90% of you guys would do what it takes to make a sale. and the other 10% would just starve!
Old 10-07-2003, 02:49 PM   #41
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Slamdad,

your post about clearing things up, with your so called facts are incorrect. #5 in particular.

quote:
"5)Just a little footnote on the other companies batteries, It nice to know that last year a SMC driver with a full ride had to stop by the Trinity table at Cleveland to purchase batteries because the batteries he got from his sponsor were'nt good enough. Next thing you know, he wins the 1/12th mod class at Cleveland with a pack that he bought off the sales table. Goes to show that the packs that are available to the general public are good enough to win at one of the biggest races or the year."

Chris has not ran for SMC since 2001. He was running world class last year not SMC. on a foot note to that, I beleive "WC" was buying their raw cells from Trinity at the time...

Korgae
SMC
Old 10-07-2003, 03:19 PM   #42
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Corey Bernardo

How come when it comes to the topic of batteries it always starts a big HOOP-LA! LOL I didnt come on here to defend or offend anyone, just wanted to clear somethings up. The voltage on these SP cells(zebra looking) from what I have seen and heard from Trinity, is deffenetly better than the tie-dye GP's lol. Just remember though Trinity is the biggest company in the industry so offcourse we are going to come up with new things faster than usual. Just as a real car company for example Nissan. They came out with the 350Z then couple months later, the 350Z roadster. Its the country we live in, if there is a market for it, people will buy it.
Old 10-07-2003, 03:32 PM   #43
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Intermision Send a message via Yahoo to Intermision

Does anybody remember this thread ?
Intermision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 03:33 PM   #44
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kevin K Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin K
Thumbs up Darksied.....

His post was the best post so far on this topic. Every company is out there to get your money so what ever type of "lingo" they need to use to get you to buy the product they will. Dont think any other company is above putting a pice of crap in a box or fancy packaging a selling it to you as the best thing ever your wrong. They are all in this market to MAKE MONEY if they were not then the price of what they sold would be the cost of the product.....and NOTHING we buy is sold at cost.

So find something else to complain about every company does what Trinity does and thats make money....they just TRY harder and it must be working.
Im only responsible for what I say NOT what you understand.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 04:37 PM   #45
R/C Tech Founder
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

At the risk of going against popular opinion, I agree fully with Kevin and Darkseid. Trinity has some suspect practices, but how can you argue with the success they've had?

This IS a capitalist marketplace, and Trinity is taking advantage of that. If you don't like them, don't buy their stuff.

If you have "hard evidence" that Trinity has wronged you in some way, then that is a much more convincing (and useful) thing to post.