R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-07-2003, 10:57 AM   #16
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to komkit Send a message via AIM to komkit Send a message via Yahoo to komkit

Yeah, almost like the Bait and switch is they put out the ads for a good stuff and when you go there they said we sold out good stuff and they try to sell you the cheaper stuffs.

Puffery, maybe. Generally is not regarded as false advertising. More like "exaggerated advertising".

False advertising is often divided into two categories:

Advertising that is literally false, and advertising that is literally true, but that is proved to be likely to mislead or confuse consumers.

In cases in category # 2, judges normally do not rely on their own intuitive reactions as to what is likely to mislead or confuse consumers. Instead, they usually want to see objective evidence, often in the form of consumer surveys.
Old 10-07-2003, 10:58 AM   #17
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by RCInfinity
It's marketing gentlemen. Almost like the bait and switch.
Its just like before!! Montain Bike Frames, totally made in Taiwan and just painted in the US and even just the decals and it can be called americanmade!!!! hehehehehehe
lem2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 11:00 AM   #18
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Yup! Trinity is FULL of it!!

I got tired of their "dirty" advertizing too.

No wonder R/C CAR Mag doen't have Trinity Ads.(My favorite mag!! )
FREAKAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 11:01 AM   #19
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to mike_Webb

I have tried a lot of Differnet packs.

For the Money the best mathcers are

SMC
ZX Racing
Promatch
Fukuyama

I have tried 4 others and the numbers on the packs do not match up to the 4 companies mentioned above when comparing the numbers.

SMC are very well known and Danny is a great guy and helps out anyone that asks him any questions. His packs are top notch and you can be sure that his cells will give you just what the numbers on the cells say.

John at ZX Racing has great packs and great Service. The same can be said for the Fukuyama. Right now everyone is on the Fukuyama wagon and it looks like they are doing everything they can to keep their customers happy becuase they always seem to have the middle to low-high end packs in stock. ZX Racing is the same way, he has the middle and low-high end packs in stock. ZX Racing packs are just like the Fukuyama packs...they may say 1.165 or 1.168 but they act like they are 1.171-1.173's and so on. I saw no difference in a 1.171 pack of ZX Racing compared to a 1.173 pack of Fukuyama. Runtime was both dead on with both packs and they both had the same punch and speed on a carpet indoor track. My lap times were for the most part identical running both packs back to back. I think the Fukuyama packs came out 3 one hundreths faster then the ZX Racing packs.

Jeff at Promatch has great packs also. Last year with Promatch it was very hard to get good cells becuase he had so many customers. I now see that Jeff has in stock all his middle and low-high end packs.

It all boils down to who can supply the cells when you need them. You can not go wrong with any of the companies mentioned above. There maybe more matchers that should be mentioned but I have not tried their packs. But for right now I don't see a need to try other packs becuase I am happy with the packs I am able to get now.

If you knowtice also.. none of these companies advertise their packs in any Magazines.... they don't need to make up stories or lie about things because word of mouth is better then spending a couple of thousand dollars to have 50 adds in one magazine.
mike_Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 11:06 AM   #20
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to komkit Send a message via AIM to komkit Send a message via Yahoo to komkit

If Trinity is in State of Maryland Trinity would be underfire right now.

In State of Maryland, we do have a law. Under title 12. Consumer Protection Act, subtitle 3.

“Unfair or Deceptive Trade Practices” which include.
1)False, falsely disparaging, or misleading oral or written, visual description, or other representation of any kind which has the capacity, tendency, or effect of deceiving or misleading consumer.

State Attorney General and FTC. Perhaps, some competitors who lost their profits because Trinity put the “False Advertise” of a product which Trinity never had or intend to sell.

I think "fed" have the "Lanham Act " if Trinity falls into that.... woohoo Lanham Act can be very stiff ...

This could be fun.
Old 10-07-2003, 11:12 AM   #21
Tech Elite

Kmokit... Are you a lawyer in your spare time???....wait...what am I talking about.... you are at The Track practicing in your Spare Time ....

You can be like ED.....have a office at the Track and Race RC Cars and give legal advice
Old 10-07-2003, 11:12 AM   #22
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to ZER01

Looks like Kinwald will be finding another company before too long.
ZER01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 11:14 AM   #23
Tech Elite

proudwinner-

What do you mean by that? Do you know something that we don't know? ... First Josh..... whos next? David? Brian? Matt?

Also what is with the New Binary Stock Motor? I thought that Stock Motors could not have 4 magnets?
Old 10-07-2003, 11:17 AM   #24
Tech Adept

Default batteries

Different matchers DEFINITELY produce different product. You can very easily kill a cell by zapping it too hard. Some matchers produce tons of 1.185+ cells, and the numbers will back up on your discharger for the first wo or three cycles, then the cells will go straight down the tubes. The best advice I can give is this, find a company or two who provide you with consistent and reliable power, and buy only their stuff. I have brand X 1.16 packs that run stronger than alot of guys brand Y 1.18's. Matchers are different, Zappers are different, plain and simple.

Thanks for the info MIKE. It is appreciated!!! Cypress what kind of batteries are you using?
xxxgrumpxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 11:22 AM   #25
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to ZER01

Mike Webb, I'm just busting Trinity's balls about the misleading information. If someone does sue them and they go bust, yeah Kinwald will be looking.
ZER01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 11:24 AM   #26
Tech Elite

Old 10-07-2003, 11:25 AM   #27
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by mike_Webb
Kmokit... Are you a lawyer in your spare time???....wait...what am I talking about.... you are at The Track practicing in your Spare Time ....

You can be like ED.....have a office at the Track and Race RC Cars and give legal advice

Nah, just have a similar incident with Best Buy last year.. Took them to the court and won the case.. I'll tell you when I see u later

Anyway, I will be racing this week... Last night had to go to an ER... Messed up my left soulder pretty good, Rotator Cuff tear... Got to get MRI today, hopefully.
Old 10-07-2003, 11:43 AM   #28
Tech Elite

Hope you get better Komkit... I will be racing Stock Car this weekend down at Rockingham..... Take out that insurance policy on me...last time I drove fast I shattered my elbow into 30 pieces .
Old 10-07-2003, 11:48 AM   #29
Tech Rookie

Default Time to step in!

Since everyone seems to be trashing Trinity without knowing all the facts, I will take it upon myself to clear a few things.

1) Trinity does not purchase their cells from GP USA. They purchase directly from Gold Peak overseas.

2) Gold Peak USA has no dealings with Trinity.

3)As for the price being higher on these cells, That's funny. The Packs are cheaper than the normal GP cell packs.

4)As for other companies and thier batteries, that's correct. There are many out there and you can choose whoever you want. No one is forcing people to purchase Trinity batteries.

5)Just a little footnote on the other companies batteries, It nice to know that last year a SMC driver with a full ride had to stop by the Trinity table at Cleveland to purchase batteries because the batteries he got from his sponsor were'nt good enough. Next thing you know, he wins the 1/12th mod class at Cleveland with a pack that he bought off the sales table. Goes to show that the packs that are available to the general public are good enough to win at one of the biggest races or the year.

I've just stated all FACTS, NO LIES.
Any thing else you would liked cleared up, you can post here.

Sarquis

Trinity

Last edited by Slamdad; 10-07-2003 at 12:17 PM.
Slamdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 12:05 PM   #30
Tech Addict

I don't know why everyone has to complain about them. Trinity have had great products, I bet every single person has had a moster in there car before. Who makes that really fast motor, oh ya trinity. Anyways why people complian about nothin beats me but oh well
teamAE is offline   Reply With Quote