R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-06-2003, 10:49 AM   #1
Tech Addict

Default help with Motor????

Hey, I am quite new to Electric cars(I have nitro for a few years)...I have a Monster HP stock motor in a TB-01 Rally car. I took the car apart to clean it and also the motor. Now the engine makes a loud squeeling noise when I apply any throt. Also the magnents are about halfway done (if that makes a difference). any suggestions? I think that maybe I cleaned all of the lubrication of the motor and this is the problem, but I thought that I would ask you guys first.
Thanks
jhigga15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 10:55 AM   #2
Tech Elite

Default help with Motor????

jhigga15;

Did you forget to put some Oil on the Bushings after your rebuild??????

I don't understand what kind Magnet problem you're having.
popsracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 11:01 AM   #3
Tech Addict

No, I did not put oil...I thought that the problem would have maybe something like that. Where should I put the oil exactly, and what kind of oil should I use? Can I use White lightning insted of oil? I am not having a magnet problem...I just tried to supply as much info as possible that could affect the motor...this is my first 540...so I know nothing.
thanks
Old 10-06-2003, 12:01 PM   #4
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to ZER01

Does the motor make a squeling noise when you apply power to it when it is out of the car or are you saying the car makes a squeling sound when you drive it? If it happens when you drive it, take the motor out and test the motor by holding the motor and give it a little bit of throttle from your radio to see if it is indeed the motor, if it is the motor then you need to rebuild it again, if it isn't then you need to check the drivetrain of the car. As far as lubrication for the bushings on the motor, any bushing oil will work but it only takes a microdot of oil on each bushing. I apply bushing oil to my stock motors from the outside of the bushings as the motor will draw the oil into the bushings. Remember, only use a dot of oil, about this much------->.
ZER01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 12:12 PM   #5
Tech Elite

Lack of lubrication is unlikely to cause a squeal. I think it's more likely that you have re-assembled the motir incorrectly, perhaps the endbell hasn't been screwed on straight and sufficiently tight, the shims have been fitted in the wrong order, or some debris has got trapped inside. Try turning it by hand, it should rotate quietly with only the "notchy" resistance from the magnets. If it doesn't turn, has stiffer points in it's rotation, or you get the squealing noise, something is wrong.
sosidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 01:33 PM   #6
Tech Addict

The motor squeling noise when I hold it in my hand. I will re-build it again and see if it makes the same noise, if it dose I will put in some oil.
Old 10-06-2003, 09:14 PM   #7
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by jhigga15
The motor squeling noise when I hold it in my hand. I will re-build it again and see if it makes the same noise, if it dose I will put in some oil.
just make sure you shim it correctly if you dont the com will hit the end bell and you can do more damage then good ..
Old 10-07-2003, 10:45 AM   #8
Tech Addict

Players, & Pimps... I am back in action...I just need some oil.
thanks