Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive) >

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree143Likes

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 01:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Oleg Babich
Dear friends,

Suspension stiffness in the cars of Ronald Volker and Jilles Groskamp are as follows according to my calculations:

Front suspension 87-96 gF/ mm
Rear suspension 109-116 gF/ mm

All the latest published Ronald's and Jilles's set-ups are placed within these ranges of suspension stiffness.

Please note : this is not the stiffness of individual springs but the total suspension stiffness - same as on our graphs.
Can you explain how this measurement is being taken please? Thanks
Old 11-14-2011, 01:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Just about ready

Last edited by hana166; 10-11-2013 at 10:48 PM.
Old 11-14-2011, 01:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
Can you explain how this measurement is being taken please? Thanks
It is not measurement.
It is mechanical calculation based on the stiffness of springs indicated in setup, shocks position and suspension geometry of the mentioned cars .
I very much hope that the top drivers did not repaint the springs to confuse opponents .
Rigidity of the wheel and tire are not taken into account.

Last edited by Oleg Babich; 11-14-2011 at 01:54 PM.
Old 11-14-2011, 01:56 PM
Tech Initiate

It is not measurement.
It is mechanical calculation based on the stiffness of springs indicated in setup, shocks position and suspension geometry of the mentioned cars .
I had been looking up on this and give up when I realised just how complicated it would be to work out. Thanks Oleg for working this out, looking at what settings I finished up with on Sunday i'm in similar range.
Old 11-14-2011, 01:57 PM
Tech Elite

It is not measurement.
I very much hope that the top drivers did not repaint the spring to confuse opponents .
Do you have this calculation for all popular touring cars, like a plug and play application? Or do you do it manually each time to calculate? Thanks
Old 11-14-2011, 02:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
Do you have this calculation for all popular touring cars, like a plug and play application? Or do you do it manually each time to calculate? Thanks
I did the calculations only for 417 and BD5.
Both cars gave me almost identical numbers and I have suggested that it was enough.
Old 11-14-2011, 02:20 PM
Tech Elite

One last question, does this calculation take into account rollbar stiffness as well? Thanks
Old 11-14-2011, 03:05 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by MDawson
Good to hear. What body/tires did you run?

Regarding the axle assembly - after ensuring the snap lock is engaged, consider using a small piece of heat shrink tubing to secure the collar. This was helpful with other makes of ECS-type units.

Used the Hot Bodies Subaru Type C (only because I couldn't get hold of a Mazda Speed 6) and Sorex 28R JB's. Next time out gonna try the mazda speed 6 and start making some changes to the set up.

On the heat shrink issue can Oleg just let us know if this is advisable. It is the route I took in the end so that I could continue racing but didnt know if these parts were supposed to give way under impact to protect the rest of the drive shaft ???

Looking forward to seeing hana166 Car go round the track as the set up is VERY different to mine so will be good to see what difference it makes on the track
Old 11-14-2011, 11:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Missing parts

Hi Oleg...I received my kit today and I'm missing ST16 (U Joint Cross x4), the kit only came with 2x ST16 which is for the rear Universal. Please send me the parts ASAP as i was hoping to race it this weekend. pls let me know... email me at [email protected]

thanks
Old 11-15-2011, 12:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ddd2k
Hi Oleg...I received my kit today and I'm missing ST16 (U Joint Cross x4), the kit only came with 2x ST16 which is for the rear Universal. Please send me the parts ASAP as i was hoping to race it this weekend. pls let me know... email me at [email protected]

thanks
Oleg,

Just like ddd2k I am missing the same parts in my kit. Only 2 are in the kit yet a total of 6 ST16's are needed ! I'll email you about it and hopefully you can send the parts as soon as possible.

Thanks
Old 11-15-2011, 02:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Sorry for missing ST16.

We have several orders with the same mistake.

The reason of this mistake was discovered and been removed already.

We are sending additional parcels now.
Old 11-15-2011, 01:42 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Magnet Top
Oleg,

Just like ddd2k I am missing the same parts in my kit. Only 2 are in the kit yet a total of 6 ST16's are needed ! I'll email you about it and hopefully you can send the parts as soon as possible.

Thanks
I'm coming over to your place right now to see the puppy....lol
Old 11-15-2011, 03:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

After some tiny adjustments the A700 was within 1/10th average of my T3 11 which is my fave car of all time..outright speed for 1 lap 1/10 faster..and the car is not even set up to my liking. It has great manners. Looking forward to exploring the potential this winter. Its definitely not the car for the mechanically inexperienced though.

Car corners very flat and inspires confidence. Extremely precise steering.

BIG thanks to Oleg. Not just for giving us something different, but something different which really works.
Old 11-16-2011, 01:45 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by hana166
After some tiny adjustments the A700 was within 1/10th average of my T3 11 which is my fave car of all time..outright speed for 1 lap 1/10 faster..and the car is not even set up to my liking. It has great manners. Looking forward to exploring the potential this winter. Its definitely not the car for the mechanically inexperienced though.

Car corners very flat and inspires confidence. Extremely precise steering.

BIG thanks to Oleg. Not just for giving us something different, but something different which really works.
I second the thanks to Oleg, I love the car and only just started to explore its potential.

Im not familiar with the set up you ended with but did you run with Roll Bars in the end ??
Old 11-16-2011, 01:45 AM
Tech Initiate

Guys

Does anyone one happen to have the turnbuckle lengths to hand? I want to order up some Lunsford items today at work and thought the lengths were in the manual.

Thanks in advance.

Mark.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.