Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive) >

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree143Likes

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2014, 10:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

anyone have an idea of where i can get a front spool... the ring gear came off of mine..
Old 11-23-2014, 10:28 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kgombe
anyone have an idea of where i can get a front spool... the ring gear came off of mine..
Just CA glue back on...dont use the thin ca..isnt enough time to set the ring in place..
Old 11-23-2014, 10:58 AM
Tech Adept

Hi,

still have an 2 race old Evo for sale.
If interested pm me.

Claude
Old 11-23-2014, 11:01 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

If you decide you want another spool, I have a brand new one as shown:
Old 11-23-2014, 12:42 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OVA
Just CA glue back on...dont use the thin ca..isnt enough time to set the ring in place..
here are some detailed instructions of how to fix a spool -- along with some compounds better than CA

http://www.awesomatixusa.com/p/spool...ar-repair.html
Old 11-23-2014, 02:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I just fixed mines. Went to Napa Auto parts. Green loctite costed about $7.50. its very thin green liquid.. per instructions it cures in 24 hours. Works like a dream.. spool looks brand new and i cannot even see the glue.
Old 11-23-2014, 02:56 PM
Tech Elite

I don't think those fixes will work for me.. It's pretty apparently as when it's pushed all the way back i can spin it freely.. So room has to made up between gear and housing.. Also it's not very easy to come off, it's very tight when trying to take it off but loose when it all the back to the lip to stop it.... How does the front way work in stock... I have one that I got in a package deal ... Just never used it...
Old 11-23-2014, 03:04 PM
Tech Addict

I don't think those fixes will work for me.. It's pretty apparently as when it's pushed all the way back i can spin it freely.. So room has to made up between gear and housing.. Also it's not very easy to come off, it's very tight when trying to take it off but loose when it all the back to the lip to stop it.... How does the front way work in stock... I have one that I got in a package deal ... Just never used it...
I'd be willing to bet the Loctite 648 would still do the trick. It's an incredibly powerful industrial bonding agent. I'd suggest to pull the ring gear back, clean up the mating surface with a soft wire brush, apply the 648, push the ring gear into place, then spray or drip the primer onto the gear. The primer, from my experience makes the 648 dry very quick. Putting it on afterwords is sort of like an accelerator for CA.

Hope that helps!
Old 11-23-2014, 04:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Mines were worst. its should work...
Old 11-23-2014, 04:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

CA can temporarily get you thru the day but it doesnt really stick to metal that well. The loctite retaining compound is more permanent. It is also designed to fill gaps. Like stew said, clean the surfaces, apply and let it sit. If you dont have primer it will take a couple days to fully cure
Old 11-23-2014, 04:32 PM
Tech Elite

Ok guys I will try it and get a new one just incase
Old 11-23-2014, 07:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

My racing buddy has the same issue with his that came off and spins freely but upon further inspection the ring gear has actually split between the teeth. Would the mentioned epoxies work well enough to keep that together as it seems no one has them instock. Kind of ticks me off too since I just bought one myself and for the price of the cars you would think every part would be instock. Or is this a weak link type part and everyone has broken them and that is why they are out of stock. Other than short parts supply the car has been very good for me just a bit of a learning curve after having belt cars for such a long time.
Old 11-23-2014, 08:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I would probably just replace it at that point. Even if it could stay together the split would likely break the input gear.

Every once in a while that happens, but it isn't often. I have a spare just to be safe. I havent heard of this happeneing on the newer style spools yet (at03ms).

Its just bad luck awesomatixusa doesnt have them in stock, i believe he sent some in a parts care package for awesomatix drivers for the us indoor champs race happening this weekend. Im sure he has already reordered. He is generally very good about keeping parts in stock

Speaking of which, for any awesomatix drivers going to the us indoor champs this weekend, since hanulec is not going i will have a care package of parts available if anyone needs anything
Old 11-23-2014, 10:14 PM
Tech Initiate

I've a problem with spool axle AT03 in my new A700 Evo

The St07 outdrive spins freely with AT03 spool axle after about two months of life.
Thank you.
Old 11-24-2014, 03:14 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Originally Posted by linkinghobby
I've a problem with spool axle AT03 in my new A700 Evo

The St07 outdrive spins freely with AT03 spool axle after about two months of life.
Thank you.
They are just pressed in. The new spool the outdrives screw on. I bought the new style spool and the outdrive broke after I was forced into a board. I guess it's better because I just ordered outdrives. The bad part it was on my first run with new spool. I was upset for a bit. Put in gear diff and made it through the day. The spool on the A700 imo is the weak link of this car. But I will take it over all the other cars many weak links. Jmho

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.