Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive) >

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Like Tree143Likes

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Old 07-27-2014, 08:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dragonracing
Had to retire the A car today. just too many breakages. track was rough and my setup just would not work. could not be consistent with the car. had to go to my backup tc 6.1. my parts did not arrive in time to get them changed over. still waiting on the parts. managed to tq end ended up 2nd.

the a car just dont like the bumps on this track (rough at best) but with the hard springs and its current setup it was not happening. next race is back to smooth asphalt. and the car will shine. i did shorten up the links in one hole and it made things worse for me so im going to keep long links. i like how it works that way.
Have you tried signifigant damper value changes? Although my issue was not with bumps, I just prefer my car with smaller damper values. (softer)
Old 07-27-2014, 01:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Yes mike. I will try softer damper values. Still waiting for damper tool to arrive in the mail.
Old 07-27-2014, 01:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by OVA
well doug
maybe your car didn't like the bumpy track. my A car. seem to be working fine, and I was at least 5 sec faster than your best TQ time. the dang ball cup kept popping off..I'm just too lazy to change it ilol
Some how my servo just lock on me
Remember franko. I did not qualify with my "A" car at all. Just the 6.1. I practiced all morning with the "A" car then switched right before qualifying.

Last edited by dragonracing; 07-27-2014 at 05:51 PM.
Old 07-27-2014, 01:33 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Yes mike. I will try softer damper values. Still waiting for damper tool to arrive in the mail.
when in doubt -- you can use anything the measure thickness of the A or B values. 1.5, 2.0, 2.5, and 3.0mm hex tools work in a pinch. i often just eyeball the dampener value by looking at the space at the bottom of the chassis --- especially when i'm making quick track side adjustments with a 2.0mm wrench.
Old 07-27-2014, 04:30 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by hanulec
when in doubt -- you can use anything the measure thickness of the A or B values. 1.5, 2.0, 2.5, and 3.0mm hex tools work in a pinch. i often just eyeball the dampener value by looking at the space at the bottom of the chassis --- especially when i'm making quick track side adjustments with a 2.0mm wrench.
thanks, never thought of that. might try that if i need to.
Old 07-27-2014, 07:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by OVA
well doug
maybe your car didn't like the bumpy track. my A car. seem to be working fine, and I was at least 5 sec faster than your best TQ time. the dang ball cup kept popping off..I'm just too lazy to change it ilol
Some how my servo just lock on me
i dont think you were faster than my final tq. but you have to finish a qualifier first or it doesnt mean squat. and didnt you change cars for the main? oh yeah you did. i lapped you
Old 07-27-2014, 08:29 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Remember franko. I did not qualify with my "A" car at all. Just the 6.1. I practiced all morning with the "A" car then switched right before qualifying.
I know
Old 07-27-2014, 08:48 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

i dont think you were faster than my final tq. but you have to finish a qualifier first or it doesnt mean squat. and didnt you change cars for the main? oh yeah you did. i lapped you
Okay Doug
First of all... yes I tap the pipe on my final lap. And the dang ball cup keep popping off just before I could finish... yes you would be 6 sec slow compare my qualifier. You are right I didn't finish ...lol
In the A-main ,yes ,I borrow the B main driver car with the half dead batteries .Plus I never drove the guy TC before and not bad for the first time driving a strange car and finish 4th..and I noticed the guy radio steering was set only 75 percent ...it all good
Old 07-27-2014, 08:55 PM
Tech Elite

ouch. 75% steering? ugh. my parts should be here tomorrow and a new setup goes on the car. going to ask now since i have a couple weeks before the next series race. large track 200' straight. sweeping corners. nothing too technical from the pics of the track. am i going to want the stock stiffer springs or the softer springs. i am going to stay with the longer links for now. its easy to drive that way for me. as long as i can keep from tapping the pipe ill be good. the last track everybody was tapping the pipes. rough surface. big bumps. i seen more cars airborne on that track without hitting anything. the bumps are bad. its a fun and challenging track for sure. i really lliked the layout. had fun. so to my question...hard or soft springs for a larger track?

here is a over head shot of the track. timezone raceway.
Attached Thumbnails Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)-ariel_phototz.jpg  
Old 07-27-2014, 09:12 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

ouch. 75% steering? ugh. my parts should be here tomorrow and a new setup goes on the car. going to ask now since i have a couple weeks before the next series race. large track 200' straight. sweeping corners. nothing too technical from the pics of the track. am i going to want the stock stiffer springs or the softer springs. i am going to stay with the longer links for now. its easy to drive that way for me. as long as i can keep from tapping the pipe ill be good. the last track everybody was tapping the pipes. rough surface. big bumps. i seen more cars airborne on that track without hitting anything. the bumps are bad. its a fun and challenging track for sure. i really lliked the layout. had fun. so to my question...hard or soft springs for a larger track?

here is a over head shot of the track. timezone raceway.
I ran soft spring all last year ...and work great at the TZ ...Most of the set up sheet today are soft spring setting . Soft spring seem to work better in most applications...
Old 07-27-2014, 09:36 PM
Tech Elite

good to know. i remember you saying really? when i stated i had the hard springs. your running the soft ones right?
Old 07-28-2014, 02:52 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Doesn't the evo kit come with the soft spring?
Old 07-28-2014, 04:46 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Dragon -- what motor class are you running?

Originally Posted by Jamison R
Doesn't the evo kit come with the soft spring?
Yes- all 2nd gen (L, EX, EXL) and 3rd gen (EVO) cars come with "S" soft springs -- spr01s.
Old 07-28-2014, 05:54 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

good to know. i remember you saying really? when i stated i had the hard springs. your running the soft ones right?
yes Im running soft spring in stock and SS..

Mike H. Doug is running 21.5 USGT
Old 07-28-2014, 05:54 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by hanulec
Dragon -- what motor class are you running?

Yes- all 2nd gen (L, EX, EXL) and 3rd gen (EVO) cars come with "S" soft springs -- spr01s.
21.5. Scale spec. Usgt/vta class

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.